Though Hunt and dos Santos are scheduled to collide on May 25 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, “The Super Samoan” has yet to leave New Zealand. This is not for lack of trying, as Hunt recently revealed on his Twitter feed that he was denied at the airport on May 6.
“If it’s not one thing, it's another,” Hunt wrote. “No one told me about a visa. [I] might miss my flight.”
Later, the heavyweight announced that he would need to spend another night in New Zealand while his old passport was delivered from Australia. However, Hunt then revealed in a response to a follower’s tweet that he had been arrested, apparently as the result of helping out a friend, though it has not been confirmed when the alleged incident occurred. Hunt has openly expressed his frustrations on the matter, as he was denied at the airport again just nine hours ago, according to a recent tweet.
“Getting real tired of this s---,” Hunt wrote. “This is what happens when you have friends that are d---heads. [This is] the last f---ing time I help these motherf----ng troublemakers.”
Hunt, 39, has experienced a career resurgence of late, winning four straight fights. Following victories over Chris Tuchscherer, Ben Rothwell, Cheick Kongo and Stefan Struve, Hunt was paired with dos Santos after the Brazilian’s original opponent, former Strikeforce ruler Alistair Overeem, withdrew from their bout due to injury. Known for his punching power and granite chin, Hunt owns six of his nine pro wins by form of knockout.view original article >>
Watch Fabricio Werdum defeat Mark Hunt for the UFC heavyweight interim title at UFC 180. read news >>
Due to medical issues with Nik Lentz, his bout against Will Brooks at UFC 216 has been cancelled. read news >>
UFC President Dana White told TMZ Sports on Thursday the company decided to remove Mark Hunt from its event in Sydney next month as a medical precaution. "Sometimes, you gotta protect these guys from read news >>
The UFC has reacted following Werdum's outburst earlier this week read news >>
Mark Hunt issued an expletive-filled message to UFC President Dana White after the heavyweight fighter was removed from the UFC Fight Night show in Sydney, Australia, on Nov. 19. Hunt's message to Wh read news >>
Mark Hunt knows exactly why he was pulled from the UFC Fight Night card in Australia although his excuse most likely doesn't jive with the reasons the promotion gave him the hook. On Tuesday, Hunt wa read news >>
UFC officials today announced that Mark Hunt will no longer compete in the promotions’s return to Australia.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Dana White says he yanked Mark Hunt from UFC Fight Night headliner to save him from himself. read news >>
Can the UFC sideline a fighter for writing about symptoms of brain trauma? What precedent does that set? That and more in Twitter Mailbag.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Three days removed from his most recent fight and Fabricio Werdum has already been booked for his next trip to the Octagon. Following a quick submission win over late notice replacement Walt Harris a read news >>