#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Cody Garbrandt #Nate Diaz #Dustin Poirier #Fight One #Anthony Pettis

Mark Hunt knows exactly why he was pulled from the UFC Fight Night card in Australia although his excuse most likely doesn’t jive with the reasons the promotion gave him the hook.

On Tuesday, Hunt was replaced in the main event at UFC Fight Night in Sydney on by former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum in a fight against Marcin Tybura on Nov. 19 due to “medical concerns”.

While the UFC has not made any further statement on the matter, it appears concerns were raised after a recent statement made by Hunt to the Player’s Voice where he discussed the long term health effects that fight has had on his mind and body.

“My body is f–ked but my mind is still here. I’ve still got my senses about me and I know what’s right and wrong, which is the main thing,” Hunt wrote in the story.

“Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words. My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday but I can remember the s–t I did years and years ago. That’s just the price I’ve paid – the price of being a fighter. But I’ve fought a lot of drug cheats and copped a lot of punishment from guys who were cheating and that’s not right.”

Hunt explained on Instagram after being pulled from the fight that he had passed all medical tests leading up to his fight in November and that the article misquoted him regarding the damage done from his long fighting career.

“I spent hours the other day with the doctors I was cleared to fight,” Hunt wrote. “The interview I did with Player’s Voice was misquoted. I don’t slur my words and [it] is a running joke between my wife and me my memory isn’t that great but who remembers s–t they don’t want to. Not good UFC, Dana White.”

Hunt then went onto claim that it’s his pending lawsuit against the UFC that spurred the decision to pull him from the fight rather than concerns about his health.

Hunt filed an extensive lawsuit back in January against the UFC, UFC president Dana White and former opponent Brock Lesnar while alleging racketeering, fraud, breach of contract and more. The lawsuit stemmed from Hunt’s fight against Lesnar at UFC 200 where he lost the fight but then the former UFC heavyweight champion tested positive for a banned substance. Hunt believes that the UFC knew Lesnar was going to test positive and still allowed him to fight anyways.

While Hunt has fought twice since filing the lawsuit with bouts against Alistair Overeem and Derrick Lewis, he still believes this altercation stems from the pending litigation rather than concern over his health and well being.

“I’m disappointed that I have been withdrawn from the fight, I have passed all medicals two days ago. And spent $100,000 on camp,” Hunt said. “The truth is the legal case I have filed has caused me to be withdrawn. The interview has been taken out of context and want to reassure all my fans, I slur my words only when I have a drink I’m fit and healthy, and would have understood if the UFC requested a medical to ensure my safety, however this is total bulls–t f–k you Dana, you’ve always hated me you dog”

Regardless of his feelings on the matter, Hunt is no longer fighting on the card in Australia as Werdum vs. Tybura will now headline the event.

Galleries

Mark Hunt Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Is Dana White Pushing Mark Hunt Out of the UFC? 'They Turned on the Whistleblower' | MMAWeekly.com

Saying that he is healthy and medically fit to fight, Mark Hunt claims Dana White and the UFC are trying to push him out. read news >>

Is the UFC Contemplating Promoting Boxing? | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor was a one-off opportunity, but could Dana White see his company getting into boxing on a regular basis? read news >>

Mickey Gall Sees UFC 217 As the First Defense of His 'Dana White Lookin' For a Fight' Title | MMAWeekly.com

Mickey Gall never takes for granted how he was discovered when the opportunity came to join the UFC roster. Just minutes after his professional mixed martial arts debut, Gall took a shot by calling o read news >>

Watch the UFC Gdansk Post-Fight Press Conference Following The Event | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Till post-fight Press Conference following Saturday's event, live from Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland. read news >>

Derek Brunson vs. Lyoto Machida: UFC Sao Paulo Main Event Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Preview the UFC Fight Night 119 main event between middleweights Derek Brunson and Lyoto Machida ahead of UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo this Saturday. read news >>

Dana White Tries to ID Fighters by Their Tattoos: FAIL (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

How well does the UFC boss Dana White really know his fighters? White played "Guess Those Tattoos." read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis Post-Fight Press Conference Video | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC Fight Night Norfolk Post-fight Press Conference live following the event. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Previews Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis UFC Norfolk Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier previews the UFC Fight Night Norfolk main event featuring lightweights Dustin Poirier and Anthony Pettis. read news >>

Dana White Rips Colin Cowherd For 'Dirty' Tactics During TV Deal Negotiations | MMAWeekly.com

As the UFC begins negotiations on a new TV deal that will begin in 2019, UFC president Dana White is already seeing some dirty tactics being played. White reacted to a statement he heard from FOX hos read news >>

Dana White Rips Fans After Darren Till Blasts Donald Cerrone at UFC Gdansk | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White responded to critical fans with an expletive-filled tirade after Darren Till defeated Donald Cerrone. read news >>