#Brad Katona #Kyler Phillips #Daniel Cormier #Stipe Miocic #UFC Fight Night 128 #Kevin Lee #Edson Barboza #Conor McGregor #Joe Giannetti #John Gunther #Jon Jones #Tony Ferguson #UFC Brooklyn #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Nate Diaz

Mark Hunt Blasts Dana White and the UFC After Being Pulled from UFC Fight Night in Australia | MMAWeekly.com

Mark Hunt knows exactly why he was pulled from the UFC Fight Night card in Australia although his excuse most likely doesn’t jive with the reasons the promotion gave him the hook.

On Tuesday, Hunt was replaced in the main event at UFC Fight Night in Sydney on by former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum in a fight against Marcin Tybura on Nov. 19 due to “medical concerns”.

While the UFC has not made any further statement on the matter, it appears concerns were raised after a recent statement made by Hunt to the Player’s Voice where he discussed the long term health effects that fight has had on his mind and body.

“My body is f–ked but my mind is still here. I’ve still got my senses about me and I know what’s right and wrong, which is the main thing,” Hunt wrote in the story.

“Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words. My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday but I can remember the s–t I did years and years ago. That’s just the price I’ve paid – the price of being a fighter. But I’ve fought a lot of drug cheats and copped a lot of punishment from guys who were cheating and that’s not right.”

Hunt explained on Instagram after being pulled from the fight that he had passed all medical tests leading up to his fight in November and that the article misquoted him regarding the damage done from his long fighting career.

“I spent hours the other day with the doctors I was cleared to fight,” Hunt wrote. “The interview I did with Player’s Voice was misquoted. I don’t slur my words and [it] is a running joke between my wife and me my memory isn’t that great but who remembers s–t they don’t want to. Not good UFC, Dana White.”

Hunt then went onto claim that it’s his pending lawsuit against the UFC that spurred the decision to pull him from the fight rather than concerns about his health.

Hunt filed an extensive lawsuit back in January against the UFC, UFC president Dana White and former opponent Brock Lesnar while alleging racketeering, fraud, breach of contract and more. The lawsuit stemmed from Hunt’s fight against Lesnar at UFC 200 where he lost the fight but then the former UFC heavyweight champion tested positive for a banned substance. Hunt believes that the UFC knew Lesnar was going to test positive and still allowed him to fight anyways.

While Hunt has fought twice since filing the lawsuit with bouts against Alistair Overeem and Derrick Lewis, he still believes this altercation stems from the pending litigation rather than concern over his health and well being.

“I’m disappointed that I have been withdrawn from the fight, I have passed all medicals two days ago. And spent $100,000 on camp,” Hunt said. “The truth is the legal case I have filed has caused me to be withdrawn. The interview has been taken out of context and want to reassure all my fans, I slur my words only when I have a drink I’m fit and healthy, and would have understood if the UFC requested a medical to ensure my safety, however this is total bulls–t f–k you Dana, you’ve always hated me you dog”

Regardless of his feelings on the matter, Hunt is no longer fighting on the card in Australia as Werdum vs. Tybura will now headline the event.

Galleries

Mark Hunt Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White Believes Floyd Mayweather to the UFC is a Very Real Possibility | MMAWeekly.com

If all parties involved are to be believed, Floyd Mayweather's mixed martial arts debut may just be willed into reality. Mayweather has said that he is serious about taking a fight in the UFC. Most p read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Was Never an Option to Replace Tony Ferguson at UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson suffering an injury forced the UFC to search for a last minute replacement to face Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 but it turns out Conor McGregor was never an option. While it might see read news >>

Dana White Strips Conor McGregor of UFC Lightweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

During the UFC 223 Pre-fight Press Conference on Wednesday, UFC president Dana White made it official. Conor McGregor has been stripped of his lightweight belt. read news >>

Dana White: Tony Ferguson Not Being Stripped, Only Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

When Tony Ferguson was forced out of the UFC 223 main event due to injury, UFC president Dana White said that his interim title would "go away." read news >>

Dana White: Brock Lesnar is 'Coming Back' to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is ready to resume his UFC career. UFC president Dana White announced on Wednesday that Lesnar plans to resume his fighting career in the near future with a r read news >>

Dana White: Artem Lobov pulled from UFC 223 fight with Caceres in wake of McGregor debacle

In the wake of a massive incident involving Conor McGregor today, UFC 223 has lost one of its fights. read news >>

Artem Lobov Pulled from UFC 223 After Participating in Conor McGregor Melee | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor teammate Artem Lobov has been removed from UFC 223 after he joined McGregor's backstage rampage at the Barclays Center on Thursday. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor is Unapologetic | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor arrived at Barclays Center for the UFC 223 Media Day on Thursday to confront Khabib Nurmagomedov in retaliation for an earlier altercation. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night Glendale Weigh-in Live at 8 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

Before stepping in the Octagon on Saturday, the 28 fighters competing on the UFC Fight Night Glendale fight card will weigh-in on Friday live at 8 p.m. ET. read news >>

Watch The UFC Fight Night Atlantic City: Weigh-in Live at 5 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

The 11 fighters competing on Saturday's UFC Fight Night 128 fight card in Atlantic City will officially weigh in on Friday. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 128 Post-Fight Press Conference | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza vs. Lee post-fight press conference shortly after the conclusion of the night's main event in Atlantic City, N.J. read news >>

Listen In On The UFC 223 Media Conference Call Live at 5 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

UFC will host a media conference call with all four athletes competing in title fights on the UFC 223 fight card on Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET. read news >>

Michael Bisping 'Definitely Interested' In Retirement Fight at UFC Event in Liverpool | MMAWeekly.com

If the UFC needs to add another marquee fight to the upcoming card in Liverpool, England, Michael Bisping is ready and willing to step up to the challenge. The former UFC middleweight champion has go read news >>

Evan Dunham Breaks Down UFC 223 Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) UFC veteran Evan Dunham breaks down the UFC 223 main event between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov. Interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson faces unbe read news >>

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson vs. Darren Till Official for UFC Liverpool Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson will travel across the pond for the main event in Liverpool as he takes on local favorite Darren Till on May 27 in England. The matchup between Thompson and Till had been read news >>

Ronda Rousey on Leaving the UFC Behind: 'I Have No Regrets' | MMAWeekly.com

Though Ronda Rousey receives a heavy dose of criticism as she exits the UFC and enters the WWE, she is proud of what she accomplished in mixed martial arts. read news >>