#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #DWTNCS #UFC 215

Marcin Held may be young, but he is not naive.

The 21-year-old Polish prospect fully comprehends the importance of his Bellator 93 clash with Dave Jansen. Should Held earn a victory tonight at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine, he would take home a $100,000 payday and a guaranteed lightweight title shot. With so much riding on his performance, the submission ace has prepared diligently for what he believes will be his toughest test to date.

“I know [Jansen] is a guy with big experience, and he’s very good,” Held recently told Sherdog.com. “I suspect it will be the hardest fight for me, but every fight should be harder than the previous one.”

Held was supposed to meet Jansen twice previously to close out the Season 7 tournament, but the bout was delayed both times. As a result, both fighters have had a full three months to prepare for the coming combat, a fact that was both beneficial and frustrating for Held.

“On one [hand], [the delays] were bad for me. It was annoying to wait for such a long time,” said Held. “But [on the other hand], I had more time to improve my technique. So it was both good and bad.”

Tonight’s matchup marks the culmination of Held’s five-fight Bellator career, which began two years ago in a Season 4 quarterfinal matchup with eventual tournament winner and world champion Michael Chandler. Held caught the future titlist in a deep kneebar but was unable to finish the hold, allowing Chandler to escape and win the fight just minutes later with an arm-triangle choke. Though Held still remembers how close he was to handing Chandler his first loss, the Pole is more concerned with his future than with his past.

“I remember [the kneebar], but it’s not really important for me. I went over it, but it’s not something that [troubles] me. I don’t think about it all the time, and I don’t have a problem with it,” Held said. “I know that my time is still ahead, and I know have a lot to learn yet. If something goes wrong, I know I have time, and I hope, if not now, I will be champion in [the coming] years.”

Held advanced to the Season 7 finals by outpointing Russian talent Murad Machaev before submitting UFC veteran Rich Clementi with a second-round toehold last November at Bellator 81. In Jansen, Held now faces a gritty wrestler with solid boxing and an ample gas tank. Held is well aware that most believe his best shot to defeat the World Extreme Cagefighting vet is via submission, a prospect that could prove difficult considering Jansen’s superior wrestling pedigree. Nevertheless, Held said he has prepared himself to navigate that hurdle when the time comes.

“We know that Dave Jansen will try to keep the fight standing, but we are ready for this,” said Held. “We’ve trained a lot for this situation, and I am ready.”

Comments

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen happy with big win over Veta Arteaga, but in no rush with her career

After edging Veta Arteaga at Bellator 182 win, Bruna Ellen is satisfied with how the strategy to halt her opponent’s aggression panned out.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 182's Joey Davis' modest goals for MMA career? 'I want to be the next big thing'

Four-time NCAA Division II national champion and unbeaten wrestler Joey Davis already is daring to dream big ahead of Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 182 live video stream and official results (6:30 p.m. ET)

Bellator 182 takes place tonight, and you can join us for a live video stream and official results beginning at 6:30 pm ET.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 182: Koreshkov vs. Njokuani Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for Bellator 182: Koreshkov vs. Njokuani full live results and fight stats. read news >>

Boxer, Bellator MMA's Heather Hardy: Floyd Mayweather will be aggressive vs. Conor McGregor

Bellator’s Heather Hardy, who competed in both boxing and MMA, is taking Floyd Mayweather at his word about being aggressive.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bellator 182 Results: Andrey Koreshkov Beats Anthony Njokuani in Main Event

Andrey Koreshkov defeated Anthony Njokuani via first-round TKO Friday night in Bellator 182's main event at Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, New York, to further bolster his case as one of the read news >>

Bellator 182 Results & Fight Highlights: Andrey Koreshkov Crushes Chidi Njokuani | MMAWeekly.com

Former Bellator welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov continued his climb back into title contention by ground and pounding Chidi Njokuani out. read news >>

Bellator 182 highlights: Watch Koreshkov's overwhelming GNP, Gonzalez's fast-acting guillotine

Check out the video highlights from Bellator 182, which had big ground-and-pound in the main event and a slick guillotine in the co-main.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Ex-champ Andrey Koreshkov hopes he may have jumped the line for a Bellator title shot

With a dominant win at Bellator 182, ex-champ Andrey Koreshkov would love to think he jumped the line for another welterweight title shot.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Predicts Mayweather vs. McGregor Upset | MMAWeekly.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson breaks down the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor super fight and predicts an upset. read news >>