#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Bellator MMA #Kristina Williams #Heather Hardy #UFC Fight Night 118 #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Conor McGregor

Georges St-Pierre UFC 167 Post_9471Following UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre’s split decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 on Nov. 16, the 32-year-old Canadian made cryptic comments about potentially retiring.

“I am going to hang my gloves up for a little bit and make sense of my life,” he said following the fight. “I have to go away for a little bit at least. Personal things are happening. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to the UFC.

“I have to step away for a bit, that’s all I can say right now. Later on, I’ll make a point about that. Right now, I have to go away for a little bit,” he continued.

UFC president Dana White has stated that a rematch is in the works, but St-Pierre’s manager, Rodolphe Beaulieu, told UFC Tonight that it’s “possible” that the fight with Hendricks may have St-Pierre’s last.

During the event’s post-fight press conference, the champion stated, “I understand from the point of view for the UFC and everything. It’s bad for them if I leave like this. But like I said, I need to make a point man. I can’t sleep at night now. I’m going crazy. I have issues. I need to relax. I need to get out for awhile.”

On Wednesday, St-Pierre tweeted a photo of himself on vacation and wrote, “Forget all the rumors- on vacation, happy & well!!!”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Comments

Manager: Henry Cejudo will fight Sergio Pettis at UFC 218 despite injuries, lost Olympic medal in fire

Henry Cejudo still plans to fight at UFC 218 despite burning his foot and losing key personal items while escaping the California wildfires.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Do UFC fighters need managers? Maybe not (until they definitely do)

For a lot of UFC fighters, a manager is like insurance. “You don’t need insurance every day, but when you need it, you really need it.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ian McCall fires manager, then gets release from UFC after $100,000 demand

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall today asked for his release from UFC contract after the promotion denied his demand for a $100,000 payout in his next fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ray Borg, Several Others, Could Be Sideline Until 2018 After UFC 216 Suspensions Issued | MMAWeekly.com

Despite a hard-fought battle with Kevin Lee, Tony Ferguson escaped the fight unscathed. Lee wasn't as lucky. Lee's situation isn't serious, however, as he received a minimal suspension for a possible read news >>

Tony Ferguson's Championship Choke (UFC 216 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out highlights from Tony Ferguson's interim lightweight title victory over Kevin Lee at UFC 216 on Satur read news >>

Georges St-Pierre adds former opponent Jake Shields to UFC 217 training camp

Georges St-Pierre has enlisted the help of a former opponent ahead of his UFC 217 title fight with Michael Bisping.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

USADA updates UFC fighters on 2018 prohibited list

The UFC’s anti-doping partner USADA today notified fighters of changes to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited list.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tony Ferguson to Conor McGregor: Put the UFC Belt Down and Nobody Gets Hurt

Tony Ferguson scored arguably the biggest win of his MMA career Saturday night when he submitted Kevin Lee to capture the interim UFC lightweight championship. On paper, that victory should have been read news >>

Everlast Explains Why He Couldn't Sing National Anthem at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Everlast explains to UFC 216 media members why he couldn't sing the national anthem at the event. read news >>

UFC 216 medical suspensions: Ray Borg potentially out six months with finger injury

After tapping to an armbar in the fifth round of UFC 216’s co-headliner, Ray Borg is facing a six-month medical suspension for a finger injury. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>