Georges St-Pierre UFC 167 Post_9471Following UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre’s split decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 on Nov. 16, the 32-year-old Canadian made cryptic comments about potentially retiring.

“I am going to hang my gloves up for a little bit and make sense of my life,” he said following the fight. “I have to go away for a little bit at least. Personal things are happening. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to the UFC.

“I have to step away for a bit, that’s all I can say right now. Later on, I’ll make a point about that. Right now, I have to go away for a little bit,” he continued.

UFC president Dana White has stated that a rematch is in the works, but St-Pierre’s manager, Rodolphe Beaulieu, told UFC Tonight that it’s “possible” that the fight with Hendricks may have St-Pierre’s last.

During the event’s post-fight press conference, the champion stated, “I understand from the point of view for the UFC and everything. It’s bad for them if I leave like this. But like I said, I need to make a point man. I can’t sleep at night now. I’m going crazy. I have issues. I need to relax. I need to get out for awhile.”

On Wednesday, St-Pierre tweeted a photo of himself on vacation and wrote, “Forget all the rumors- on vacation, happy & well!!!”

Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Manager says Gegard Mousasi's UFC 210 bout not in jeopardy, but UFC monitoring situation

Gegard Mousasi’s manager is confident the UFC middleweight won’t be kept from fighting ex-champ Chris Weidman at UFC 210. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Stop us if you've heard this one: UFC 208's Ian McCall loses an opponent – again

Ian McCall’s UFC comeback seems to get more and more depressing with each attempt.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event in Denver, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208: Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie Extended Video Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 208 sees the inaugural women's featherweight title fight between former bantamweight champ Holly Holm and dangerous striker Germaine de Randamie. read news >>

Jimi Manuwa vs. Corey Anderson headlines UFC Fight Night 107 in London

With less than two months until the event, UFC Fight Night 107 finally has a headliner. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Recaps UFC on FOX 23: Not a Fan of Cerrone Going Back-to-Back | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recapped an exciting UFC on FOX 23, where several title contenders emerged. read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 96.5 – UFC on FOX 23 wrap-up featuring Dana White, Valentina Shevchenko, Jorge Ma

Episode No. 96.5 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, which includes a UFC on FOX 23 wrap-up featuring Dana White, Valentina Shevchenko, Jorge Masvidal and Francis Ngannou, is now availab read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Weighs In on Ronda Rousey's UFC Struggles (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk weighs in on the struggles of former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. read news >>

No ceremonial weigh-ins, but fans invited to Thursday's UFC Fight Night 104 open workouts

Fight fans can get an up-close look at this week’s UFC Fight Night 104 competitors on Thursday at open workouts.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 104 in Houston

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event in Houston.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>