#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Luke Rockhold #Nate Diaz #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #Jon Jones #Michael Bisping #UFC 215 #GGG

Mac Danzig at the UFC 124 Post-Fight Press Conference

TUF season seven winner Mac Danzig (20-9) has had his fair share of ups and downs in the road as a mixed martial artist.

With a record of UFC record of 4-5, Danzig doesn’t have that kind of unbelievable resume that screams title shot, but for Danzig that’s not really all that bad.  Clearly, the 32-year-old wants to better his resume and improve as a fighter, and he’ll keep trying to evolve as a martial artist.

But for Danzig, titles aren’t everything. It’s more than fine to just be a competitor in the sport living your dream.  And as long as he’s realistic about himself and his goals, Danzig feels just fine with life, as he knows it heading into his bout with Efrain Escudero at UFC 145 this Saturday.

“It all depends on your motivation for these type of things and you also have to be a realist,” Danzig told MMAWeekly Radio.

“A lot of these guys put that out there like a broken record, ‘yeah, you know I want to get the title and everything,’ but I’m a realist.  It’s after I beat Efrain, I’ll need six solid wins in a row, and then they’ll be like, ‘hey you’ve gotten back on track, we’re going to put you in a no. 1 contender fight,’ or something like that; otherwise it’s not even on the horizon.”

Over the years, Danzig feels that some of the fans and pundits have become so ranking obsessed that they just write off talented fighters for never having held a belt.  And it’s okay if you’re just a good UFC fighter that never won a title, as long as you went out there and gave it everything you had.

Danzig fights for only himself and his daughter, and titles to him are only material objects and it’ll be no different come Saturday night.  The journey is what’s most important at the end of the day.

“Yeah, it is okay to be a UFC fighter that’s working hard and competing and not really worried about (the UFC title).  I’ll worry about that when it comes.  This whole thing is a journey for me.  I do what I can every single time out, I learn from my mistakes, and I learn from my experiences; and if you don’t learn and evolve, then you just don’t.  You get pushed along to the wayside but I’m just doing my thing.

“My motivation right now is to become better and to support my kid.  That’s a means to support an end right there, like making the money to support my kid.  It’s not just a job for me; I’m doing this because I love it.  I don’t want to go back to doing a job from nine to five and I don’t ever want to do something like that.  As hard as this job is, and being a professional fighter for so many reasons is one of the hardest jobs in the world, and raising a kid while you do it is hard, but this is what I chose and I’m glad I chose it.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

UFC featherweight Ricardo Lamas discusses octagon future, would like 'TUF' coaching gig

Former featherweight title challenger Ricardo Lamas wonders what makes sense for the two fights left on his current UFC contract.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC contract winner Lauren Mueller on how failed 'TUF 26' bid helped her be ready for DWCS 8

Lauren Mueller had only three pro bouts when she got the call for Dana White’s Contender Series. But that doesn’t takes from her confidence.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Report: 'TUF 23' winner Tatiana Suarez meets Viviane Pereira at UFC Fight Night 120 in Norfolk

At long last, the Season 23 winner of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Tatiana Suarez, will return to the octagon this fall. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Get To Know TUF Cast: Lauren Murphy

Lauren Murphy, a former Invicta FC bantamweight champion with four UFC fights to her name, didn’t feel like an MMA veteran earlier this year. Then she joined the cast of The Ultimate Fighter and ever read news >>

Carlos Condit Ready to Book His Return Fight to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Carlos Condit is looking for a fight. The former UFC interim welterweight champion, who has been out of action since August 2016, dropped a message on Twitter to matchmaker Sean Shelby letting him kn read news >>

Darren Till unloads on Brendan Schaub for criticizing UFC headliner vs. Donald Cerrone

Darren Till has choice words for those who question his UFC Fight Night 118 headliner against Donald Cerrone, especially Brendan Schaub.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Carlos Felipe flagged for potential USADA violation, pulled from UFC debut in Sao Paulo

Carlos Felipe was slated to make his UFC debut next month, but that’s not happening anymore.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Newcomer Carlos Felipe Pulled from UFC Fight Night 119 for Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

Incoming UFC heavyweight Carlos Felipe was pulled from the upcoming UFC Fight Night 119 fight card. read news >>

UFC Fight Night Japan Media Day Face-Offs Video | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) The stars of Fight Night Japan faced off after Tuesday's media day. No. 6 ranked light heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux welcomes Yushin Okami back to the Octagon on Friday. TRENDING > read news >>

Jim Miller vs. Francisco Trinaldo is 13th addition to UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil

After putting out a call for an opponent – at lightweight or welterweight – Jim Miller will remain at 155 pounds.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>