#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Kristina Williams #Bellator MMA #Heather Hardy #Neiman Gracie #Conor McGregor #Zak Bucia #UFC 216 #Fight Night Rotterdam #Tony Ferguson #GSP

Undefeated welterweight prospect Dhiego Lima has agreed to a four-fight contract with the Canada-based Maximum Fighting Championship promotion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Perfect in five professional appearances, Lima (Pictured; file photo) will meet King of the Cage veteran Jamie Toney at MFC 30 “Up Close and Personal” on June 10 at the Mayfield Inn Trade and Conference Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The 21-year-old Atlanta-based Brazilian has finished all five of his foes, four of them by submission.

“I’m young, I’m undefeated and I’m hungry,” Lima said in a release. “I will be trouble, but I’m still going to be patient. I’m not going to rush anything, but I know after winning my last fight that I’m ready to take a bigger step up in competition. I’m going to go out and put on a show.”

Lima last appeared at MFC 29 on April 8, when he submitted Josh Taveirne with a third-round rear-naked choke. His older brother, Douglas Lima, holds the MFC welterweight championship.

“I definitely want to get the belt,” the younger Lima said. “There’s nobody in the division outside of my brother that I can’t beat. This is my chance to go all the way to the top.”

Comments

Max Holloway Inks New Multi-Fight Deal with the UFC Ahead of First Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

Max Holloway wanted a new contract and now he's got it read news >>

Ian McCall fires manager, then gets release from UFC after $100,000 demand

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall today asked for his release from UFC contract after the promotion denied his demand for a $100,000 payout in his next fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch the Flying Knee KO That Earned Mike Rodriguez a UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

Mike Rodriguez seized his opportunity on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series when he landed a devastating Flying Knee that scored him a UFC contract. read news >>

Kurt Holobaugh's camp will push for suspension reduction, UFC status not in jeopardy

Kurt Holobaugh’s rep says his UFC contract isn’t canceled, and his team plans to fight a nine-month suspension for IV use. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ian McCall Granted His Release from the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight fighter Ian McCall has been granted his release from the UFC after asking the organization to void his contract recently. UFC officials confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday. McCal read news >>

Check Out the Choke That Earned Alex Perez a UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

Alex Perez was a man on a mission when he met Kevin Gray on Contender Series. Perez earned a UFC contract when locked in a D'Arce choke in the first round. read news >>

Dana White Says WWE Didn't Want Brock Lesnar to Fight in UFC Under Contract

UFC President Dana White said on a recent episode of ESPN's Dan Le Batard Show that WWE would not allow Brock Lesnar to fight again in the UFC while under contract with WWE. During the interview (h/t read news >>

Al Iaquinta vs. Paul Felder Verbally Agreed to Meet at UFC 218 in Detroit | MMAWeekly.com

Iaquinta vs. Felder appears to be the latest matchup headed to Detroit read news >>

Dhiego Lima unloads on 'TUF 25' winner Jesse Taylor after doping fail

For “TUF 25” finalist Dhiego Lima, the banned substance that Jesse Taylor recently tested positive for can only mean one thing: the “TUF” winner took PEDs on the lead-up to their July encounter.Filed read news >>

Grant Dawson Took Out Adrian Diaz, Earned UFC Contract (Free Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Not only did Grant Dawson take out Adrian Diaz in week 6 of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series, he captured a UFC contract in the process. read news >>