It wasn’t until Lorenz Larkin got home and watched his fight with Francis Carmont that he became angry, or perhaps was just baffled.

Robbery isn’t the word he used to describe his reaction, but his feelings were nonetheless clear.

“I was like, ‘I won that fight,’” Larkin told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

At the announcement of unanimous scores for Carmont (21-7 MMA, 5-0 UFC) inside the octagon at HP Pavilion, where they squared off on the FX-televised preliminary-card of UFC on FOX 7, Larkin (13-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) said he was shocked that all three judges favored the Frenchman by scores of 29-28.

But despite the backstage proclamations of colleagues, who used the “R” word to describe the decision, and the public’s reaction to the fight from tweets and websites that had scored it for him, he didn’t share the outrage he felt.

Not until he saw the fight with his own eyes did he fully appreciate what had happened.

“To me, he took me down one time, and that was legitimately in his favor,” Larkin said. “But there were six seconds on the clock. He didn’t throw a punch; he just held my feet. I did give that to him. But the other time he took me down, I was offensive on the ground. I swept him, and I don’t know if I got any points for that.”

Carmont spent much of the middleweight fight trying to take down Larkin, whose cat-like balance kept him upright when most others would have fallen. Meanwhile, he countered Carmont’s advance with hard kicks and punches.

Larkin felt the strategy he used was far more effective in scoring points.

“I could understand him pressuring me, but then it goes to the thing of just because somebody’s pressuring the fight doesn’t mean they’re controlling the fight,” Larkin said. “But the way I fight might not appeal to an MMA judge, because I stand in front of the guys, I catch punches, and I don’t know if from the judges’ (opinion), it’s ‘He’s getting hit.’ But I just look at it like, yeah, I’m backing up, but I’m not taking any abuse, and I’m countering.”

Even with his takedown defense, Larkin said it was the most time he’d spent on the ground during any of his fights. He said if he could do it all over again, he would have capitalized more on the positions he found himself in.

“The only regret I have in the fight is when I swept him with a kimura, I wish I would have held on to it,” Larkin said. “I wish I would have just Frank Mir‘d it.”

Larkin, though, chalks the whole experience up to a lession, albeit a painful one. The loss was the first recorded loss of his professional career (a TKO loss to Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal was changed to a no-contest when Lawal tested positive for a steroid metabolite), and now he’ll be forced to rebuild.

Now vacationing in Las Vegas, Larkin will get started on that another day.

For complete coverage of UFC on FOX 7, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

MMAjunkie.com Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia, MMAjunkie.com lead staff reporter John Morgan and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

UFC on FOX 23's Donald Cerrone: 'I'm going to get this belt in 2017'

Donald Cerrone wants 2017 to be one of the defining years of his career. Before the next 12 months pass, “Cowboy” said he wants to hold the UFC welterweight belt.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fans invited to open workouts, weigh-ins for this week's UFC on FOX 23 in Denver

If you live in the Denver area, or are heading to the Rockies for a fighting-based vacation, you’ll have some chances to check out events for this week’s UFC return to Denver. Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

The Complete Guide to UFC on Fox 23: Shevchenko vs. Pena

The UFC heads to Denver for a fun, well-matched card on Fox this Saturday. In the main event, decorated kickboxer Valentina Shevchenko takes on rising The Ultimate Fighter winner Julianna Pena. With read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2369 with UFC on FOX 23's Raphael Assuncao, John McCarthy

Stream or download Tuesday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Raphael Assuncao and John McCarthy.Filed under: News, Radio, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Raphael Assuncao says he's seen it all, and Sterling brings nothing new

UFC bantamweight Raphael Assuncao said he “wasn’t quite there 100 percent” when he faced ex-champ T.J. Dillashaw this past July at UFC 200, and he’s changed his training to reverse his fortunes. File read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko tight-lipped on just how she'll beat Julianna Pena at UFC on FOX 23

Valentina Shevchenko has right-to-the-point answers for just about everything you want to know before her UFC on FOX 23 headliner Saturday.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my process since first loss

DENVER – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at UFC on FO read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Nate Marquardt talks staving off retirement, fighting former training partner in Alvey

DENVER – It wasn’t that long ago that Nate Marquardt was ready to hang up his gloves and move on to something else. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Will UFC on Fox 23 Be Heavyweight Prospect Francis Ngannou's Coming-Out Party?

Francis Ngannou opened as nearly a 5-1 favorite over former heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski in their fight at Saturday's UFC on Fox 23, according to OddsShark. In a division as unpredictable and read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Jason Knight plans Caceres KO, new contract and callout of 'The Korean Superboy'

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Don’t accuse Jason Knight for being one of those UFC fighters who doesn’t think ahead each time he enters and exits the octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>