#Fight Night London #GSP #UFC 217 #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #UFC 224

Logan Storley Continues to Claw His Way into Bellator Title Picture | MMAWeekly.com

After two years working his way up the ranks, welterweight Logan Storley made his move to the international stage when he signed with Bellator midway through 2017.

Having previously gone undefeated prior to joining the promotion, Storley kept his winning ways going, picking up two wins in his first two Bellator fights.

“I was excited to get to the big leagues and start making my mark,” Storley told MMAWeekly.com. “My fights went well. I learned in each fight. I’m getting more comfortable in the Bellator cage and I’m excited where I’m at.”

Having competed at the highest levels of collegiate wrestling prior to transitioning to MMA, Storley was ready for the increased pressures that come with making a move to a bigger stage.

“Wrestling Division I at the University of Minnesota, there are a lot of expectations, so I’m used to that,” said Storley. “At the end of the day, you’re competing one on one with another human being. That’s what I’ve been doing since I was five years old. That aspect doesn’t change.

“Bellator has more eyes watching you, so there is added pressure with that, but that comes with it. If this is what you want to do, you have to understand that more pressure comes with more eyes watching you.”

Storley (7-0) will look to keep his winning streak going when he takes on fellow top prospect Joaquin Buckley (8-1) in a main card 170-pound bout at Bellator 197 on Friday in St. Charles, Mo.

“He’s a young guy, I’m a young guy, and we both have good records, so it’s a good match-up of two up-and-comers,” Storley said of Buckley. “This is going to be another step for me.

“I’m going to take the fight to him like I’ve done in my previous seven fights and dictate the pace and keep the pressure on him. I’m going to match forward, watch out for his shots, and once it gets to the ground I don’t think there’s anyone who can handle my wrestling and my pressure.”

Storley understands at this point he’s still a developing fighter, but that doesn’t mean he is aiming low when it comes to his goals for 2018.

“Right now, it’s just learning to put it all together, and that’s what I’m getting better at,” said Storley. “Each time you step in there you get a little more confident and seasoned. It’s the little things that will start to make the difference in the game for me.

“I want to climb up to that Top 5 and get myself into title contention. I want to climb the ranks and put myself in a position to fight for the title.”

Comments

John Salter Plans to Leave No Question That He's No. 1 Contender at Bellator 198 | MMAWeekly.com

At Bellator 198 on Saturday, John Salter (15-3) will look to cement a title shot when he takes on Rafael Lovato Jr. (7-0) in a main card 185-pound bout. read news >>

First Look at Ronda Rousey in 'Mile 22' Ahead of August 3 Release | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey is focused on her new career a WWE superstar but before she could transition to become a full time professional wrestler, she first had to wrap up filming on her next movie role. Rousey read news >>

Ex-NFL Player Greg Hardy Expected to Make Pro MMA Debut at Dana White's Contender Series | MMAWeekly.com

Controversial ex-NFL lineman Greg Hardy is expected to make his professional mixed martial arts debut as part of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series. Sources close to the situation confirmed read news >>

Maurice Greene Ready to Take Heavyweight Title and Keep It at LFA 38 | MMAWeekly.com

On April 27, Maurice Greene (5-1) will be stepping into a Legacy Fighting Alliance heavyweight championship main event against Jeff Hughes (8-1). read news >>

Women's Strawweight MMA Top 10 Rankings (115-pound limit) | MMAWeekly.com

The MMAWeekly.com rankings list the Top 10 MMA fighters from around the world in each of the most widely accepted weight classes, as well as a Top 10 mixed pound-for-pound list ranking the best male read news >>

Pound-for-Pound MMA Top 10 Rankings | MMAWeekly.com

The Top 10 MMA fighters from around the world in the combined men's and women's pound-for-pound ranking. read news >>

Video: Before Bellator 198, watch Emmanuel Sanchez's flying triangle, Donkey Kong punches, other badassery

If you like a little variety with your highlight reels, Emmanuel Sanchez’s is worth checking out. read news >>

John Salter out, Gerald Harris in to fight Rafael Lovato Jr. at Bellator 198

Gerald Harris has agreed to step in for John Salter in a 188-pound catchweight meeting with grappling ace Rafael Lovato Jr. on Saturday. read news >>

Leslie Smith's organizing efforts might've cost her UFC career, but will the price be worth it?

Leslie Smith is planning legal action against the UFC in the wake of her unusual release and hopes she didn’t sacrifice herself for nothing. read news >>

Joe Rogan Believes Conor McGregor is Too Big for the UFC to Cut Him Loose | MMAWeekly.com

Many fighters have been released from a UFC contract for far less egregious actions than Conor McGregor's rampage, but Joe Rogan thinks the Irishman is too big of a star for the UFC to cut him loose. read news >>

A title shot would be great, but Bellator 198's John Salter fine waiting 'as long as I stay busy'

Bellator 198’s John Salter thinks he’s got a title-eliminator bout against unbeaten grappling ace Rafael Lovato Jr., but has also learned to manage his expectations: “As long as I keep winning, I’m g read news >>

ONE Championship Reportedly Nears Billion-Dollar Valuation | MMAWeekly.com

Singapore's ONE Championship is closing in on an additional $100 million in funding that will take the company's valuation close to the billion-dollar mark. read news >>

PFL's $1 million tourneys may not lure Bellator's Michael Chandler, but Rizin FF could

As far as free agents go, former Bellator champion and longtime 155-pound standout Michael Chandler could soon become a hot property. read news >>

Fans invited to weigh-ins, Chael Sonnen/Frank Mir comedy show at Bellator 198

If you’re heading to “The Windy City” for this week’s Bellator 198 card, you have some fight-week events available to attend. read news >>

Watch Bellator 198 standout John Salter tear through Jason Radcliffe in Israel

Ahead of his fight at Bellator 198, watch John Salter rip through his seventh straight opponent, and sixth in the first round. read news >>

Frank Mir Confident a Third Fight with Brock Lesnar Can Still Happen | MMAWeekly.com

Frank Mir isn't lost on the idea of doing a trilogy with Brock Lesnar after their first two fights were a part of two of the most massive events in UFC history read news >>