#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 55 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor

Liz Carmouche at StrikeforceFollowing two straight losses in Strikeforce, former title contender Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche made her comeback at Invicta FC 1 this past April and did not disappoint. But handily defeating Ashleigh Curry in just under two minutes is not the whole story, being a part of Invicta’s first event was special in many ways to Carmouche.

“It was a great experience and I really enjoyed being part of the show,” said Carmouche. “Where normally the women are a small group and men dominate the sport, it was nice to be able to network, socialize and meet other women of the sport.

“Being offered an opportunity to come back and help facilitate their growth (on their upcoming show) is an awesome, awesome feeling.”

Even though she managed to quickly finish her opponent, Carmouche would have liked a chance to work more of her game plan that night.

“I would have liked it to have gone a little bit longer, but overall it’s a win and it was good,” Carmouche told MMAWeekly.com. “I think I had one scratch on me from when she tried to rip off my bra and that was it.”

At Invicta’s second show on July 28 in Kansas City, Carmouche will face the fighter who fought in the bout right before her on the previous show, Kaitlin Young.

“Kaitlin is most known for her Muay Thai, but I know she’s been working hard in her camps on her Jiu-Jitsu and her wrestling, so I’m expecting her to want to change up her game and how she’s not just a Muay Thai fighter,” said Carmouche.

Should Carmouche win her second fight in a row, it could set her up for a myriad of prospects later in the year.

“I hope that there are possibilities with both Strikeforce and Invicta,” she said. “Right now there’s no title (in Invicta) in this weight class, so I hope I can get into the running for that. If not, then I hope I can have another showing in Strikeforce, because I still have a contract with them and would love to go back and represent them.”

In particular, Carmouche has her eye on the participants in the coming Strikeforce women’s 135-pound title match between Sarah Kaufman and Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in San Diego.

“With Kaufman, I feel like I’ve grown in the past year since our fight and so I definitely stand up to be another opponent for her,” said Carmouche. “As for Rousey, I’d like to see her fight a few more times and see where actually she pans out. I think this fight this fight with Kaufman will really show what she has to offer the sport. Even a fight against her, I would love that.

“Really (I’d like to fight) anyone in Strikeforce. I feel like I’ve been put there for a reason and have been given opportunities because I do have talent, and I would like the opportunity to show that again.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Ronda Rousey Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Winner of World Class Fight League 20's amateur tournament gets Invicta FC contract

Invicta FC will get a new roster member next year, and it’ll come by way of an amateur tournament.Filed under: News read news >>

Bellator signs Goiti Yamauchi to new long-term contract

Goiti Yamauchi is sticking with Bellator for the foreseeable future after signing a new long-term deal with the promotion.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lauren Mueller's Dominating Win That Led to UFC Contract (Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Lauren Mueller showcased all of her skills in a three-round dominant win to earn a UFC contract during Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series. read news >>

Watch the TKO That Earned Allen Crowder a UFC Contract (Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Allen Crowder was the shorter man and was outweighed by over 20lbs, but that didn't stop him from putting on a fantastic performance and earning a UFC contract. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk gunning for Ronda Rousey's record; Colby Covington unleashes on Tyron Woodley | MMAWeekly.com

On the latest Fight Society podcast, UFC women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and rising welterweight star Colby Covington join the show. read news >>

Before UFC 217 headliner, watch Georges St-Pierre get revenge on Matt Serra to reclaim title

Georges St-Pierre had revenge on his mind, and that’s exactly what he got on Matt Serra to reclaim welterweight gold in 2008.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping, Jorge Masvidal get into profane altercation at UFC 217 fighters' hotel

Jorge Masvidal went into UFC 217 media day with Michael Bisping on his mind, and things got ugly when they crossed paths.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping loves New York but doesn't 'give a (expletive)' about fighting at MSG

Michael Bisping pays no mind to the fact that he’s days away from headlining UFC 217 at famed Madison Square Garden.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk has no doubt she'll beat Ronda Rousey's UFC title-defense record

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is promising history in her title fight with Rose Namajunas at UFC 217.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants Ronda Rousey's record, but instead will history repeat itself at UFC 217?

Joanna Jedrzejczyk has a huge title defense in front of her at UFC 217, but could she be overlooking Rose Namajunas?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>