#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Conor McGregor #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Brock Lesnar has had his health to concentrate on in recent months, but that doesn’t mean the UFC heavyweight champion has missed Frank Mir’s campaign to secure a third bout with him.

“I don’t think I beat him as bad as I could, so for me to get my hands on that stalker again … Frank Mir has made it a mission of his life, Frank Mir the stalker. It’s been a while since I’ve had a stalker, but we’ll take care of that if I ever face him again,” Lesnar said during a Wednesday conference call.

Mir and Lesnar have built a palpable rivalry together. In February 2008, Mir submitted Lesnar with a kneebar in 90 seconds at UFC 81 in Las Vegas. Then, Lesnar defeated Mir in brutal fashion during the second round of their title reunification rematch at UFC 100 last July.

Both have exchanged critical words of one another in and out of the cage, while Mir had publicly lamented that Lesnar’s recent battle with an intestinal infection might have prevented a rubber match with the heavyweight champion.

In Lesnar’s absence, the UFC has elected to have Mir face Shane Carwin for the division’s interim title at UFC 111 on March 27 in Newark, N.J. The winner of the bout is slated to face Lesnar next, while a Feb. 20 bout between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez has been earmarked as a reserve bout as well.

Lesnar said Wednesday that he wouldn’t speculate on whom he thinks might advance from the interim matchup.

“I can’t blow on any of that. That’s the future and that’s the beauty of it,” said Lesnar. “I’ll just sit back. I’ll sharpen my skills. I’ll be prepared for either one of those guys. If it’s Nogueria or if it’s Velasquez, I know one thing -- all those guys are s---tting their pants right now.

Lesnar, who lost 40 pounds during his recent fight with diverticulosis, said that whoever emerges as his next challenger will have a renewed fighter on his hands.

“I had a hard time getting out of bed and walking to a bathroom. I’d be out of breath,” said Lesnar of his illness. “Ironically, I think (the ordeal) raised my conditioning level. I was really at the bottom of the barrel, and now I’m back in the gym. I’m helping (two-time NCAA wrestling champion) Cole Konrad and Chris Tuchscherer ... and I feel great. I feel like my old self again.”

Galleries

Brock Lesnar Fights

• a year ago

Comments

'The Money Fight' medical suspensions: Conor McGregor gets 2-month suspension

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor is benched for two months following his 10th-round knockout loss to Floyd Mayweather.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Rotterdam results: Mairbek Taisumov needs just 84 seconds for one-punch knockout finish

After nearly 17 months away from competition, Mairbek Taisumov returned with a highlight-reel finish.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Cage Warriors 88 gets 2nd title fight: Lee Chadwick vs. Victor Cheng

Next month’s Cage Warriors 88 event now has a second title fight: Lee Chadwick vs. Victor Cheng.Filed under: Cage Warriors, News read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Says Fight Delay Only Made Things 'Worse' For Amanda Nunes | MMAWeekly.com

It took a little time for Valentina Shevchenko to put things into perspective. Back in July, Shevchenko was just a day away from realizing her dream to compete for the UFC women's bantamweight title read news >>

UFC exec David Shaw bullish on Canada, says 'business as usual' despite recent death

Whether UFC 215 remains a sellout after its main event was canceled is anyone’s guess. But UFC exec David Shaw is still bullish on the promotion’s prospects for its first trip to Edmonton.Filed under read news >>

Nunes Seeks 2nd Title Defense vs. Shevchenko in UFC 215 Main Event

Two months after title fight was cancelled the morning of the fight, Amanda Nunes and Valentina Shevchenko are finally ready for their rematch with the women's bantamweight championship on the line i read news >>

ONE Championship's Ben Askren eyes matchmaking job – but first, a successful finale

Two months shy of his final fight, Ben Askren is trying to write the perfect ending – a professional MMA career of 18-0 – and set up his future.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Pro boxer Heather Hardy, returning at Bellator 185, gets opponent for 2nd MMA fight

Pro boxer and recent MMA debutant Heather Hardy has an opponent for her second MMA fight.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Michael Bisping Fires Back at 'Stupid' Luke Rockhold After Recent Comments | MMAWeekly.com

The war of words between Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold rages on. On Wednesday night, Rockhold claimed that Bisping's championship reign was "the worst in UFC history" while mocking the fact that read news >>

Viral sensation Sabina Mazo delivers another stunning high-kick knockout

Five months after a vicious head-kick KO earned Sabina Mazo viral backing, she has repeated the feat.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Featured, Videos read news >>