Is Nik Lentz on the verge of a breakout performance? Tell us below. | Photo: Sherdog.com

Nik Lentz has zero losses in seven UFC appearances, but his workmanlike performances haven’t generated much positive attention yet.

He expects that to change after his Dec. 10 matchup against Mark Bocek at UFC 140.

“To a degree, I would say people haven’t noticed how well I’ve been doing, but it just takes time,” Lentz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “If it takes a little longer for people to realize that one day I’m going to be a contender and one day I’ll be right up there at the top, that’s fine with me.”

Despite his success, Lentz has received some criticism for not finishing fights. In response, he points to the level of his opponents.

“A lot of the not finishing fights has to do with number one, you get into the UFC, it’s a different level,” Lentz said. “… If you look at the guys I’ve fought, if you add them all together, they literally have been finished like a handful of times, and that was early in their careers. It’s not like I was put against easy people or I was getting first-time UFC guys. I was getting put in there with really good, really talented guys, and it took me a little while to adjust to that level.”

Lentz did get a finish in his most recent bout, submitting Waylon Lowe with a guillotine at UFC Fight Night 24. He predicts another finish against Bocek.

“I think I’m going to stop Mark Bocek,” Lentz said. “That’s another reason I think I’m going to start getting on the pay-per-view. I think we’re going to go in there and I think within a round or two, I’m going to stop him.”

At this point in his climb up the lightweight ranks, it’s important to Lentz that his fights get featured more often. Stopping a quality opponent like Bocek could make that happen.

“I think the main thing that beating Mark Bocek does is it’s another veteran that I’m going to beat,” Lentz said. “It’s someone that’s been around a long time, that has lots of skills, that isn’t easy to beat, and I’m going to beat him, and then that’s going to raise me up to that level to where it’s time to always put me on the pay-per-views.”

Lentz feels he turned some fans in his favor with his victory over Lowe, and he believes many more will soon follow. Of course, some may be holding a grudge against him for the debatable decision he won over Tyson Griffin last November, but Lentz thinks he’ll earn their support too eventually.

“Once I’m on the pay-per-views and fans start seeing me more and more, all the bad taste that people have acquired from the one fight, whether they think I didn’t beat Tyson [Griffin] or whatever, all that’s going to go away,” he said. “People are going to start really realizing that I belong in the hunt for the title.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:25:15).

Gilbert Melendez wants 'one last run' at UFC title – and at featherweight

With three consecutive losses on his record, Gilbert Melendez is looking to make a significant change as he heads down the final stretch of a nearly 15-year career.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, read news >>

Full media scrum: Francis Ngannou, future UFC champ? Heavyweight likes that idea ahead of UFC on FOX 23

DENVER – Fans and pundits alike are already anointing Cameroonian-born heavyweight Francis Ngannou a future UFC champion. He’s fine with that. After all, he feels the same. Filed under: News, UFC, Vi read news >>

Fans invited to open workouts, weigh-ins for this week's UFC on FOX 23 in Denver

If you live in the Denver area, or are heading to the Rockies for a fighting-based vacation, you’ll have some chances to check out events for this week’s UFC return to Denver. Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Aljamain Sterling: People will be very surprised by my process since first loss

DENVER – Aljamain Sterling believes fans are going to see a different fighter than the one that suffered his first career loss eight months ago when he returns to the octagon on Saturday at UFC on FO read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 Athlete Outfitting pay: Top earners all suffer losses

DENVER – Fighters from Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event took home UFC Athlete Outfitting pay, a program that launched after the UFC’s deal with Reebok, totaling $155,000.Filed under: News, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

Ronda Rousey Broken at UFC 193, According to Holly Holm's Coach

With Ronda Rousey's UFC future in question following consecutive losses, Holly Holm's coach expressed his belief that the formerly dominant star is done with fighting. In an interview this week with read news >>

No ceremonial weigh-ins, but fans invited to Thursday's UFC Fight Night 104 open workouts

Fight fans can get an up-close look at this week’s UFC Fight Night 104 competitors on Thursday at open workouts.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fans invited to this week's UFC 208 workouts, Nurmagomedov Q&A and ceremonial weigh-ins

In New York this week for UFC 208? The UFC has a number of activities that are open to fans.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Derek Brunson Says Anderson Silva's Losses are Due to 'Unfortunate Events' | MMAWeekly.com

Middleweight contender Derek Brunson faces former champion Anderson Silva in the UFC 208 co-main event with hopes that a win will put him back into title talk. read news >>