#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Javy Ayala

Is Nik Lentz on the verge of a breakout performance? Tell us below. | Photo: Sherdog.com

Nik Lentz has zero losses in seven UFC appearances, but his workmanlike performances haven’t generated much positive attention yet.

He expects that to change after his Dec. 10 matchup against Mark Bocek at UFC 140.

“To a degree, I would say people haven’t noticed how well I’ve been doing, but it just takes time,” Lentz told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “If it takes a little longer for people to realize that one day I’m going to be a contender and one day I’ll be right up there at the top, that’s fine with me.”

Despite his success, Lentz has received some criticism for not finishing fights. In response, he points to the level of his opponents.

“A lot of the not finishing fights has to do with number one, you get into the UFC, it’s a different level,” Lentz said. “… If you look at the guys I’ve fought, if you add them all together, they literally have been finished like a handful of times, and that was early in their careers. It’s not like I was put against easy people or I was getting first-time UFC guys. I was getting put in there with really good, really talented guys, and it took me a little while to adjust to that level.”

Lentz did get a finish in his most recent bout, submitting Waylon Lowe with a guillotine at UFC Fight Night 24. He predicts another finish against Bocek.

“I think I’m going to stop Mark Bocek,” Lentz said. “That’s another reason I think I’m going to start getting on the pay-per-view. I think we’re going to go in there and I think within a round or two, I’m going to stop him.”

At this point in his climb up the lightweight ranks, it’s important to Lentz that his fights get featured more often. Stopping a quality opponent like Bocek could make that happen.

“I think the main thing that beating Mark Bocek does is it’s another veteran that I’m going to beat,” Lentz said. “It’s someone that’s been around a long time, that has lots of skills, that isn’t easy to beat, and I’m going to beat him, and then that’s going to raise me up to that level to where it’s time to always put me on the pay-per-views.”

Lentz feels he turned some fans in his favor with his victory over Lowe, and he believes many more will soon follow. Of course, some may be holding a grudge against him for the debatable decision he won over Tyson Griffin last November, but Lentz thinks he’ll earn their support too eventually.

“Once I’m on the pay-per-views and fans start seeing me more and more, all the bad taste that people have acquired from the one fight, whether they think I didn’t beat Tyson [Griffin] or whatever, all that’s going to go away,” he said. “People are going to start really realizing that I belong in the hunt for the title.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:25:15).

Comments

Conor McGregor Says He Will Return to UFC After TKO Loss to Floyd Mayweather

UFC fans rejoice: Conor McGregor is apparently coming back to your sport. Floyd Mayweather Jr. handed McGregor a defeat via technical knockout Saturday in Las Vegas in the latter's first professional read news >>

Fans outraged as Mayweather-McGregor demand causes PPV providers, UFC Fight Pass to crash

Things got off to a rocky start for many people wanting to watch “The Money Fight.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Says He Will Return to UFC After TKO Loss to Floyd Mayweather

UFC, NeuLion mum on potential refunds for fans unable to stream Mayweather-McGregor fight

The UFC and its streaming partner haven’t addressed if they’ll compensate those who couldn’t stream Mayweather-McGregor due to tech issues.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Refund Fans for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Pay-Per-View Problems

The UFC has announced it will refund fans who were unable to watch Conor McGregor's fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday due to technical difficulties. UFC President Dana White released a stat read news >>

Top 5 Performances by UFC 215 Main Card Fighters | MMAWeekly.com

Check out some of the top performances from the main card fighters of UFC 215: Johnson vs. Borg. read news >>

UFC 215: Johnson vs. Borg Fight Card, TV Info, Predictions and More

Now that fight fans can get back to the real world of MMA after the Conor McGregor-Floyd Mayweather Jr. circus, it's time for some UFC main events to live up to the billing. But every so often, and U read news >>

Fans invited to Thursday's UFC Fight Night 116 open workouts in Pittsburgh

If you’re in Pittsburgh for UFC Fight Night 116, you’ll have an opportunity to get up close to the fighters at the top of the card.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 'incredibly disappointed' by technical difficulties, Dana White reassures fans

The UFC is now working to find out why so many of its fans couldn't watch "The Money Fight" and has issued a statement. read news >>

After Mayweather-McGregor streaming debacle, why won't the UFC use the R-word?

Showtime has promised a refund to fans who paid for “The Money Fight,” but didn’t get it. But the UFC has conspicuously avoided the R-word.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>