MENU
#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Javy Ayala



Lavar Johnson may face disciplinary action in California after the heavyweight’s post-fight drug test at UFC 157 revealed elevated testosterone levels.

Sherdog.com verified the finding Tuesday with California State Athletic Commission Executive Director Andy Foster, who confirmed that Johnson’s sample also failed a carbon isotope test. The remainder of the UFC 157 drug tests administered by the CSAC came back clean. MMAJunkie.com first reported Johnson’s failed test on Tuesday evening.

UFC 157 took place Feb. 23 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., and saw Ronda Rousey submit Liz Carmouche to retain her women’s bantamweight title in the evening’s main event. The show’s main card aired live on pay-per-view, while the undercard -- including Johnson’s unanimous decision defeat to Brendan Schaub -- was broadcast on FX.

Johnson proved unable to stop Schaub’s continual takedown attack, and the hard-punching Strikeforce veteran found himself grounded for the majority of the 15-minute affair. The setback marked the second-straight defeat for the 35-year-old, who submitted to a Stefan Struve armbar last May at UFC 146. Prior to that loss, “Big” kicked off his Octagon career with a pair of victories last year, knocking out Joey Beltran and Pat Barry.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Comments

Show Comments

Related News

Watch Stefan Struve Make Short Work of Lavar Johnson (UFC Rotterdam Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

  • 26 days ago
  • 18 views

Watch Stefan Struve submit Lavar Johnson in 2012. read news >>

After main-event scratch, Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis elevated to UFC 215 PPV lineup

  • 16 days ago
  • 30 views

With the Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg title fight off UFC 215, another flyweight bout has been elevated to the pay-per-view main card.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 29 days ago
  • 36 views

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

Fans outraged as Mayweather-McGregor demand causes PPV providers, UFC Fight Pass to crash

  • 29 days ago
  • 24 views

Things got off to a rocky start for many people wanting to watch “The Money Fight.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Says He Will Return to UFC After TKO Loss to Floyd Mayweather

  • 29 days ago
  • 73 views

UFC fans rejoice: Conor McGregor is apparently coming back to your sport. Floyd Mayweather Jr. handed McGregor a defeat via technical knockout Saturday in Las Vegas in the latter's first professional read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight

  • 29 days ago
  • 29 views

Dana White, president of the UFC, told reporters he's "so proud" of Conor McGregor after the 29-year-old Irish star of the Octagon lasted 10 rounds against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena read news >>

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

  • 29 days ago
  • 67 views

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor by TKO (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

  • 29 days ago
  • 67 views

(Courtesy of UFC) Check out some of the best action from the megafight between UFC champion Conor McGregor and unbeaten boxing legend Floyd Mayweather. TRENDING > Conor McGregor Only Won 1 Round Agai read news >>

Dana White proud of Conor McGregor after Floyd Mayweather fight, but wants him back in UFC

  • 29 days ago
  • 10 views

“I’m ready to get back to the UFC and do what I do,” said Dana White, who prefers to bring back Conor McGregor with him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Hints at Nate Diaz Trilogy Fight After Defeat to Floyd Mayweather

  • 29 days ago
  • 19 views

Conor McGregor has hinted a trilogy bout with Nate Diaz could be next for him after losing to Floyd Mayweather Jr. by technical knockout at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Saturday. McGre read news >>