#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Jan Blachowicz #Jimi Manuwa #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Tony Ferguson #Conor McGregor #Muay Thai #UFC 223 #Fight On

LFA 33's Kyle Stewart Predicts He'll Be in the UFC This Year | MMAWeekly.com

With four wins in four fights in 2017, welterweight Kyle Stewart was able to match the output he had previously experienced in the two years prior.

In particular, the second half of Stewart’s year was monumental for him, as he was able to get one step closer to his career goal with opportunities to fight on the national stage.

“I made my LFA debut (in May) and fought Ty Freeman, and I finished that fight in the first round, and that’s when I got the call to do the Contender Series (in July),” Stewart told MMAWeekly.com. “I was a little injured before that fight, so I didn’t look as good as I wanted to in that fight, to say the least, but I was able to win that fight (versus Jason Jackson).

“My 2017 was pretty good. My goal for 2017 was to put my name on the UFC’s radar. I wanted the UFC to know who I was. My call to the Contender Series kind of accomplished that.”

Not only was Stewart able to double his win total last year, he also feels he’s grown quite a bit and matured as a fighter.

“Honestly, everything has gotten way better,” said Stewart. “I think now I’m a lot more comfortable in the cage. I’m more comfortable testing things out, setting guys up, not getting too excited and remaining calm. Being calm and turning it into a technical fight and not let it turn into a brawl.”

At LFA 33 this Friday in Dallas, Texas, Stewart (8-0) takes on fellow undefeated up and comer Jaleel Willis (8-0) in the evening’s 170-pound main event.

“He’s a tough fighter, he’s 8-0, and that’s what I’m excited about,” Stewart said of Willis. “A lot of guys try to get to the UFC by taking the safest route there. But once you get to the UFC you’re fighting the best guys in the world. So when I get to the UFC I knew I took the hard road to get there.

“Every opponent I’ve ever fought has a winning record. I’d rather fight the tough guys now, so once I get there, I know I’ve been through it before.”

Stewart knows to make the move up to the UFC he can’t just win, he has to win impressively, and that’s exactly what he hopes to do on Friday night.

“2018 is the year I want to make it to the UFC, and this is the fight I think can definitely put me there,” said Stewart. “I know the UFC is coming here in April, and that’s my goal: to get on that card and to make my UFC debut in my hometown.

“The UFC isn’t looking for 170-pound fighters. You have to do something impressive. So to me, anything other than a highlight reel knockout is just another win. The highlight reel knockout is the real key towards moving up.”

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Dad Thinks His Son Will Fight in the UFC, but Shouldn't | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather Sr. does not want his son to fight in the UFC, but that’s the direction in which he sees his son headed. read news >>

Fighters React to Brian Ortega Knocking Out Frankie Edgar | MMAWeekly.com

Featherweight Brian Ortega stepped into the octagon in the UFC 222 co-main event as a replacement and left the cage the first fighter to finish Frankie Edgar. read news >>

Fighters React to Cris Cyborg Demolishing Yana Kunitskaya | MMAWeekly.com

Women's featherweight champion Cris Cyborg demolished Yana Kunitskaya in the UFC 222 main event on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas to retain her belt. read news >>

Sean O'Malley Entered UFC 222 with Fractured Foot | MMAWeekly.com

Sean O'Malley is a rising star in the UFC bantamweight division. The unbeaten prospect made his pay-per-view debut on Saturday on the main card of UFC 222. read news >>

Nick Newell Wants His Shot in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

It has been more than two years since one-handed fighter Nick Newell set foot in the cage to compete, but now he's back with renewed vigor, ready to show the world that he belongs in the UFC, the big read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Confident in His MMA Skills, Believes UFC Deal Will Happen | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather sounds awfully confident that he will be fighting in the UFC sooner rather than later. The 41-year old retired boxer has been teasing a crossover into mixed martial arts for several read news >>

Alexander Volkov: 'I Think I'm a Bad Match for Fabricio Werdum' | MMAWeekly.com

Alexander Volkov takes on former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum in the UFC London main event. He thinks he's got a pretty good shot at the win. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Not Impressed With the Competition at Lightweight in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't seem all that impressed by the competition in the lightweight division, at least judging by his comments when asked about the top fighters in the world at 155 pounds. Whil read news >>

Francis Ngannou Wants Derrick Lewis As His Next Opponent in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Francis Ngannou is looking for a fight. Following a disappointing outing in his first shot at the UFC title back in January, Ngannou took some time off to recover and reflect before booking his next read news >>

Relive Jeremy Stephens' KO Over Marcus Davis (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Jeremy Stephens impressive knockout victory over Marcus Davis before Stephens faces off with Josh Emmett at UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando. read news >>

Doane happy to be "just a fighter"

To most competitors in the UFC, hearing that he or she is “just a fighter,” would be considered an insult. These days, Russell Doane takes it as a well-earned compliment. But let him explain. read news >>

Roberto Sanchez Sinks the Sub at UFC Austin (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out highlights from Roberto Sanchez's submission victory over Joby Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 126 on Sun read news >>

UFC Fight Night 126 video highlights: Donald Cerrone vs. Yancy Medeiros

Check out the highlights of Donald Cerrone’s big finish of Yancy Medeiros in the UFC-Austin headliner. read news >>

LFA 33 Results & Fight Highlights: U.S. Marine Veteran Kyle Stewart Remains Undefeated | MMAWeekly.com

U.S. Marine Veteran Kyle Stewart won a back-and-forth battle against previously undefeated welterweight Jaleel Willis in the LFA 33 main event. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 126 video highlights: Derrick Lewis vs. Marcin Tybura

Check out the highlights of Derrick Lewis’ late knockout of Marcin Tybura in the UFC-Austin co-main event. read news >>

Cerrone vs. Medeiros Best UFC Draw Ever in Austin | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Fight Night 126 pulled in the strongest gate and attendance yet for the UFC in Austin. read news >>

Search for: