#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Darren Till #Dominick Cruz #Cody Garbrandt #UFC Fight Night 118 #UFC 207

Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (9-2 MMA, 1-1 BFC) was a favorite in his last fight against underdog Emanuel Newton (20-7-1 MMA, 3-1 BFC) at Bellator Season 8 light-heavyweight tournament, but Newton made an upset by knocking his opponent out with a spinning back fist in round one. After the fight Lawal was quiet, but he now spoke to the media about what happened and what is next for him:

“I have been here before and I bounced back from it, and I will do the same this time. I am going to work more on my defense with Jeff Mayweather and I’m going to go back to my roots and work with Kevin Jackson, and I think I will be just fine. Emanuel did what he had to do and he caught me.”

It’s good when a fighter understands his mistakes, but King Mo disagrees with most critics about fighting cocky:

“I didn’t even see the shot. A lot of people saying that I was fighting cocky and with my hands down, but if you watch it, when he missed with his right hand, I threw a right hand and then he came with the spinning backfist. So he kind of caught me in the act of punching, but no excuses, I’m good, and I will be back and hopefully I get to fight him again in the future. It was the first time I had been knocked out, and the good thing is I came to pretty quick. When I saw the ref standing over me, I just said, ‘Damn!’”

While Lawal is recovering from his defeat, Bellator Season 8 light-heavyweight tournament finalist Emanuel Newton (20-7-1 MMA, 3-1 BFC) will meet sambo fighter Mikhail Zayats (21-6 MMA, 2-0 BFC) in his next fight.

Comments

Major Upset Eliminates A Favorite From TUF 26 | MMAWeekly.com

One of the favorites have been eliminated from The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion. No. 3 seed Lauren Murphy was defeated by No. 14 seed Nicco Montano on the fourth episode of the reality seri read news >>

Cornerman Vaults the Cage to Save Unconscious Fighter from the Ref (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

What do you do when the ref doesn't stop the fight when one fighter is unconscious? This guy vaults over the cage and stops the fight himself. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Reveals His Top 3 Favorite Title Defenses | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson is on the verge of setting history for the most consecutive title defenses in the promotion's history. read news >>

UFC 216 results: John Moraga KOs 6-1 favorite Magomed Bibulatov with vicious left hand

Against an unbeaten prospect who was a 6-1 favorite, ex-title challenger John Moraga didn’t have many picking him to beat Magomed Bibulatov.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Kevin Lee: No excuses for UFC 216 title loss to Tony Ferguson after weight cut 'damn near killed me'

Kevin Lee called Tony Ferguson “the rightful champion” and didn’t lean on a built-in excuse for why he lost.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jason Knight says he's fighting Gabriel Benitez at UFC Fight Night 123 in Fresno

Fan favorite “Mississippi Mean” is headed to California.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 185 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (5 p.m. ET) and official results

• a day ago

Bellator returns to one of its favorite venues Friday, and today the fighters will step on the scale for the fans at the ceremonial weigh-ins. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>