#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo

After signing a pro wrestling contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and an MMA deal with the Bellator Fighting Championships, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal will be a busy man over the next few years.

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will still put MMA first, though.

“MMA will come first, and pro wrestling will be second -- a close second,” Lawal told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’ll do a few [pro wrestling] shows a month and then I’ll train. If I have a fight coming up, I won’t be doing shows or taping. I’m cool with that. Whoever pays the most is who I’m going to take care of, and that’s MMA. I’m more established in MMA. In pro wrestling I’m just trying to work my way up. I’m going to focus on where I’m more established for right now and look to add and build on pro wrestling as time passes.”

Lawal called the opportunity to do both pro wrestling and fight in MMA a “dream come true.” First, however, he has to rehab after knee surgery and a subsequent staph infection. When he’s healthy, the plan is for Lawal to hone his pro wrestling skills with Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is a developmental promotion for TNA. It won’t be Lawal’s first time in a wrestling ring.

“I learned how to bump, but the thing is, I have to refresh on all that when I go back to OVW because if you’re not doing it all the time, if you’re not staying consistent with what you’re doing, then you’re going to lose a little bit,” he said. “I know I lost a lot. I have to go back and redo it, but I’m willing to learn and I’m hoping to learn.”

Lawal expects to wrestle this year and then debut with Bellator in 2013. He’s currently serving a nine-month suspension after testing positive for an anabolic steroid in January. When he is eligible to fight again, though, Lawal is confident he can handle both endeavors.

“I’m ready because I’m going to be King Mo in both worlds,” he said. “I’m not going to change nothing just because one thing is pro wrestling and the other thing is MMA. I’m going to be the same person for both. … They told me I’m going to be King Mo. Maybe we’ll refine some things at OVW, but as far as everything goes, from what I’ve understood, I’m going to be an MMA fighter that steps foot in the squared circle. I’m going to be me.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:29:20).

Comments

UFC Unfiltered Episode: Charles Byrd and MayMac Preview

Newly signed UFC Middleweight Charles Byrd calls in to talk about earning a UFC contract after going 2-0 on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series. Plus, Jim and Matt break down the entire Jon J read news >>

Heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic didn't know UFC planned Jon Jones fight, wants better contract

Stipe Miocic simply wants to get paid what he feels is right as the UFC heavyweight champion.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

DWCS 8 UFC contract winner Matt Frevola: 'When I hit people, they fall'

New UFC contract winner Matt Frevola has a very simple outlook on his fights: “When I hit people, they fall.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC contract winner Lauren Mueller on how failed 'TUF 26' bid helped her be ready for DWCS 8

Lauren Mueller had only three pro bouts when she got the call for Dana White’s Contender Series. But that doesn’t takes from her confidence.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>

VanZant Puts Weight-Cutting Struggle Behind Her In Move to 125

Paige VanZant is making her debut at flyweight at UFC 216 after dealing with weigh cutting issues for her last few fights. Rejuvenated, PVZ looks to make a statement when she takes on former bantamwe read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Knockout of the Month' for August: A kick that earned a UFC contract

Here are the five nominees and winner of MMAjunkie’s “Knockout of the Month” award for August 2017.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

DJ plans to finish Borg on Saturday

Thursday at open workouts Demetrious Johnson spoke about his five-round championship conditioning. Johnson puts his belt on the line again when he takes on Ray Borg at UFC 215 on Saturday for the fly read news >>

UFC 215: Resurgent Rafael dos Anjos Puts Welterweight Division on Notice

After 2016 saw him drop his lightweight title and be summarily written out of the 155-pound title picture by back-to-back losses, Rafael dos Anjos looks reborn at welterweight. That was the takeaway read news >>

Tony Martin Looking to Crack the Lightweight Rankings at UFC Pittsburgh | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Martin puts his winning streak on the line against Olivier Aubin-Mercier in a 155-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 116 on Saturday. read news >>