#UFC 220 #Stipe Miocic #Francis Ngannou #Daniel Cormier #Bellator MMA #Volkan Oezdemir #Rory MacDonald #Douglas Lima #Chael Sonnen #Quinton Jackson #Conor McGregor #Khabib Nurmagomedov #UFC 219

Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson's toughness just means he'll 'take a longer ass-whooping' at UFC 216

LOS ANGELES – Kevin Lee has listened to Tony Ferguson rant and rave about his grueling training camp for UFC 216, and quite frankly “The Motown Phenom” doesn’t give a damn.

As far as Lee is concerned, Ferguson can kick all the steel poles and carry all the boulders up mountains he wants. None of it will change the outcome of their pay-per-view headlining interim lightweight title fight on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“When you look at it, and you say a man is tough, and that’s his biggest attribute, that ain’t good for him,” Lee said Monday during a media luncheon. “He talks about all this training in the mountains and running with the bears. That just means it’s going to take a longer ass-whooping.”

Those words are sure to draw the ire of Ferguson, 33, who comes in riding a nine-fight winning streak. Meanwhile, to Ferguson, the 25-year-old Lee is in over his head after talking his way into this interim title opportunity.

Lee isn’t reluctant to give Ferguson respect for his impressive run of victories. But he adds there’s a problem with “El Cucuy’s” hard-nosed approach that ultimately will prove to be his downfall at UFC 216.

“He does well, and I’ve always given Tony respect. … But I think the dude is full of himself,” Lee said. “I think he feels himself. He feels like … I don’t know. I’m going to show all the holes in his game. I don’t think he goes back and fills up those holes. Every time, win, lose or draw for me, I go back, I reassess my skills, I see where I need to make improvements, and I do. And I don’t think he do that.”

That, according to Lee, means Ferguson will fight him the same way he’s fought others. Which means he’s done evolving. And, well …

“If you stop evolving, you start dying,” Lee said. “And I’m ready to go kill him.”

To hear more from Lee on the upcoming matchup and a plethora of other topics, check out the video above.

And for more on UFC 216, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Galleries

Tony Ferguson Fights

• a year ago

Kevin Lee Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

Daniel Cormier perplexed how anyone could think he'll lose title to Volkan Oezdemir at UFC 220

Daniel Cormier firmly believes there are “levels” to MMA, and he doesn’t view UFC 220 title challenger Volkan Oezdemir as being on his.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Carla Esparza Feels She Should be Part of the UFC Championship Conversation | MMAWeekly.com

Carla Esparza believes that she proved at UFC 219 why she should still be a part of the UFC strawweight title picture. read news >>

Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov a go for UFC 223, Dana White says

It appears Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov are set for a clash at UFC 223. read news >>

Dana White Says Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov 'Will Happen' At UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White discusses the matchup between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov read news >>

Francis Ngannou Could Realize Rags-to-Riches Dream with Title Win at UFC 220

Francis Ngannou believes it's a matter of destiny. He will be UFC heavyweight champion. The 6'4", 262-pound knockout artist from Cameroon believes it with the placid, yet unshakable certainty of a ma read news >>

Stipe Miocic Believes Francis Ngannou is Looking Past Him at UFC 220 | MMAWeekly.com

Stipe Miocic can't wait to see the look on Francis Ngannou's face when the fight at UFC 220 isn't as one-sided as all of his other bouts in the UFC. read news >>

Marvin Vettori: 'I Want to Knock Omari Akhmedov Out' at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

Marvin Vettori will look to pick up his second straight win, and third in four UFC bouts, when he takes on Omari Akhmedov at UFC 219. read news >>

Makenzie Dern: 'I Think I'm Ready to Go to the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

Unbeaten submission ace Makenzie Dern believes that she's ready to take the next step in her career and move from Invicat FC to the UFC. read news >>

Daniel Cormier is Trying to Get Khabib Nurmagomedov to Put on Big Drama Show at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

On Episode 1 of UFC 219 Embedded, light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier tries to get teammate Khabib Nurmagomedov to put on "big drama show." read news >>

Tonya Evinger Returns to Bantamweight at UFC Fight Night Austin | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC featherweight title contender Tonya Evinger is one and done at 145 pounds, at least for now. read news >>