#UFC Fight Night 123 #Cub Swanson #Brian Ortega #UFC 218 #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #GLORY Redemption #Conor McGregor #Rico Verhoeven #UFC 217 #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Francis Ngannou

After a stint on The Ultimate Fighter took up her entire 2016, flyweight Kate Jackson returned to action for the first time in 2017 with a bout against Bryony Tyrell at British Challenge MMA 18 in February.

What made Jackson’s bout with Tyrell out of the usual for her was the fact that the two are very well acquainted outside the cage.

“It was quite a hard fight because we friends going into it,” Jackson told MMAWeekly.com. “I actually worked with a sports psychologist for it because I didn’t want to risk letting that friendship get in the way of what happened once the cage door closed.

“It went pretty well. I messed up in the second round, so she probably won that won, but the last round was very dominant for me. I managed to separate the friendship out of it and got the job done.”

After starting out her career in Europe, Jackson now finds herself focused on the American MMA scene. It’s a transition that has her excited rather than anxious, thanks to her previous stint on The Ultimate Fighter.

“Having fights in Las Vegas, even if they were technically exhibition bouts, helped with what to expect a bit,” said Jackson. “The sport has a lot more exposure (in the US). It’s interesting actually, when you talk to people and they actually know what MMA is and what Bellator is. I’m quite excited about that.”

Brian Stann Reveals He’ll No Longer Call UFC Fights

Jackson (8-2-1) makes her Bellator debut against veteran Colleen Schneider (11-7) in a main card 125-pound bout on Friday in Verona, N.Y.

“I’m going up to flyweight for this fight and she’s coming down a weight class, so she might be the bigger, stronger, fighter,” Jackson said of Schneider. “So I’m going to have rely on my technique against her. Keep everything precise and tight, make as few mistakes as possible, and try to impose my own game on her.”

Jackson understands the importance of her bout on August 25, and because of that she’s not looking beyond it if all possible.

“I’ve mostly approached the fight game one fight at a time,” said Jackson. “I did that on The Ultimate Fighter as well. I got to the semi-finals and hasn’t really though ahead of that, so it might have helped psychologically.

“This fight is the most important one of my career. Every fight is going to be the most important fight of my career. Looking past this fight isn’t a very good idea. It’s going to be a tough fight. It’s going to take me using everything I’ve got.”

Comments

Former WWE Superstar Jack Swagger Inks Multi-Fight Deal with Bellator MMA | MMAWeekly.com

Former WWE superstar Jack Swagger — his real name is Jake Hager — will be transitioning into mixed martial arts after inking a multi-fight deal with Bellator MMA. Hager made the announcement on Monda read news >>

Bellator MMA Announces 2018 Heavyweight Grand Prix | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator MMA has announced plans to host a year-long grand prix heavyweight tournament in 2018 featuring eight of the roster’s biggest stars. read news >>

Denise Kielholtz Wins Bellator MMA Debut by Submission (Bellator 188 Full Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Promotional newcomer Denise Kielholtz won her Bellator MMA debut by submitting Jessica Middleton at Bellator 188 in Tel Aviv, Israel. Watch the full fight. read news >>

Bellator MMA and Kickboxing Returns to Florence, Italy with Bellator 190 | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator returns to Florence, Italy on Saturday, December 9, when both Bellator MMA and Bellator Kickboxing. read news >>

Opening Round Matches Announced for Bellator Heavyweight Tournament | MMAWeekly.com

The bracket for the Bellator MMA World Grand Prix 2018 Heavyweight Tournament has been set. read news >>

Rory MacDonald Serious About Being in the Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix | MMAWeekly.com

At Bellator 192 in January, Bellator MMA will kick off the opening round of their eight-man heavyweight tournament dubbed as the Bellator MMA World Grand Prix. read news >>

Watch Bellator Champ Julia Budd's Full First Fight with Arlene Blencowe | MMAWeekly.com

Ahead of their Bellator championship rematch, check out the full first fight between Julia Budd and Arlene Blencowe. read news >>

Hisaki Kato Looking to Knock Chidi Njokuani Out at Bellator 189 | MMAWeekly.com

Hisaki Kato (8-2) will look to add to his winning streak when he takes on Chidi Njokuani (17-5) in a main card 185-pound bout at Bellator 189 on Friday. read news >>

Chris Honeycutt Looking to Make Rafael Lovato Fight His Fight at Bellator 189 | MMAWeekly.com

With one win in his lone fight this year, Chris Honeycutt will look to at close out 2017 undefeated when he takes on Rafael Lovato Jr. at Bellator 189. read news >>

Watch the Bellator 189 Prelims, Streaming Live and Free | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator 189 Prelims stream live and free on MMAWeekly.com. The prelims stream begins at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m PT. read news >>