#Bellator 194 #Roy Nelson #Matt Mitrione #Conor McGregor #UFC 221 #Brandon Rios #UFC Fight Night 125 #Yoel Romero #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros

Kate Jackson Going to Rely On Technique in Bellator MMA Debut | MMAWeekly.com

After a stint on The Ultimate Fighter took up her entire 2016, flyweight Kate Jackson returned to action for the first time in 2017 with a bout against Bryony Tyrell at British Challenge MMA 18 in February.

What made Jackson’s bout with Tyrell out of the usual for her was the fact that the two are very well acquainted outside the cage.

“It was quite a hard fight because we friends going into it,” Jackson told MMAWeekly.com. “I actually worked with a sports psychologist for it because I didn’t want to risk letting that friendship get in the way of what happened once the cage door closed.

“It went pretty well. I messed up in the second round, so she probably won that won, but the last round was very dominant for me. I managed to separate the friendship out of it and got the job done.”

After starting out her career in Europe, Jackson now finds herself focused on the American MMA scene. It’s a transition that has her excited rather than anxious, thanks to her previous stint on The Ultimate Fighter.

“Having fights in Las Vegas, even if they were technically exhibition bouts, helped with what to expect a bit,” said Jackson. “The sport has a lot more exposure (in the US). It’s interesting actually, when you talk to people and they actually know what MMA is and what Bellator is. I’m quite excited about that.”

Brian Stann Reveals He’ll No Longer Call UFC Fights

Jackson (8-2-1) makes her Bellator debut against veteran Colleen Schneider (11-7) in a main card 125-pound bout on Friday in Verona, N.Y.

“I’m going up to flyweight for this fight and she’s coming down a weight class, so she might be the bigger, stronger, fighter,” Jackson said of Schneider. “So I’m going to have rely on my technique against her. Keep everything precise and tight, make as few mistakes as possible, and try to impose my own game on her.”

Jackson understands the importance of her bout on August 25, and because of that she’s not looking beyond it if all possible.

“I’ve mostly approached the fight game one fight at a time,” said Jackson. “I did that on The Ultimate Fighter as well. I got to the semi-finals and hasn’t really though ahead of that, so it might have helped psychologically.

“This fight is the most important one of my career. Every fight is going to be the most important fight of my career. Looking past this fight isn’t a very good idea. It’s going to be a tough fight. It’s going to take me using everything I’ve got.”

Comments

Lorenz Larkin Explains How He Plans to Break Out of His Bellator Slump | MMAWeekly.com

Lorenz Larkin definitely didn't plan on starting his Bellator MMA career on two straight losses but he's also not letting that get him down. As a high profile free agency signing for Bellator last ye read news >>

Lorenz Larkin Gets First Bellator Win (Bellator 193 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator MMA cage was at Pechanga Resort and Casino in Temecula, California on Friday for Bellator 193. It was the promotion's second event of 2018 and was headlined by a catchweight bout between read news >>

Matt Mitrione Narrowly Defeats Roy Nelson (Bellator 194 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The Bellator MMA cage was at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut on Friday for Bellator 194: Mitirone vs. Nelson 2. The event was headlined by a quarterfinal bout in the Bellator Heavywe read news >>

Bellator 194 Highlights: Roy Nelson Not Happy Losing Decision to Matt Mitrione | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

? (Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) Matt Mitrione avenged his loss to Roy Nelson from several years prior, taking a majority-decision nod from the judges at Bellator 194 on Friday in Uncasville read news >>

Watch the Bellator 194: Mitrione vs. Nelson 2 Weigh-in Live at 5 PM ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Bellator 194: Mitrione vs. Nelson 2 official weigh-in streaming live at 5 p.m. ET from Uncasville, Connecticut. read news >>

Bobby Green Earns Decision, Makes Some Big Callouts at UFC on FOX 27 | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Bobby Green's victory over Erik Koch at UFC on FOX 27 on Saturday in Charlotte, N.C. read news >>

Watch Patricky Pitbull Knock Out Ryan Couture (Bellator 194 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Take a look back to Bellator 148, where Patricky Pitbull knocked out Ryan Couture. read news >>

Heather Hardy Looking to 'Beat Ana Julaton Up Like She Owes Me Money' at Bellator 194 | MMAWeekly.com

Heather Hardy will look to rebound in her first fight of 2018 when she faces Ana Julaton in a Bellator 194 main card 125-pound bout on Friday. read news >>

Bellator 194: Roy Nelson vs. Matt Mitrione (Countdown, Episode 2) | MMAWeekly.com

Take an in-depth look at Bellator 194, which features the second quarterfinal match-up of the Heavyweight Grand Prix: Roy Nelson vs. Matt Mitrione. (Episode 2) read news >>

Roy Nelson Pushes the Limit at Bellator 194 Weigh-in; Heather Hardy Misses Weight | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Bellator 194: Mitrione vs. Nelson 2 official weigh-in, as Roy Nelson pushed the heavyweight limit and Heather Hardy missed weight. read news >>