#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Fight Night Rotterdam #Tony Ferguson #Darren Till #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Nick Diaz #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler #Dominick Cruz

After a stint on The Ultimate Fighter took up her entire 2016, flyweight Kate Jackson returned to action for the first time in 2017 with a bout against Bryony Tyrell at British Challenge MMA 18 in February.

What made Jackson’s bout with Tyrell out of the usual for her was the fact that the two are very well acquainted outside the cage.

“It was quite a hard fight because we friends going into it,” Jackson told MMAWeekly.com. “I actually worked with a sports psychologist for it because I didn’t want to risk letting that friendship get in the way of what happened once the cage door closed.

“It went pretty well. I messed up in the second round, so she probably won that won, but the last round was very dominant for me. I managed to separate the friendship out of it and got the job done.”

After starting out her career in Europe, Jackson now finds herself focused on the American MMA scene. It’s a transition that has her excited rather than anxious, thanks to her previous stint on The Ultimate Fighter.

“Having fights in Las Vegas, even if they were technically exhibition bouts, helped with what to expect a bit,” said Jackson. “The sport has a lot more exposure (in the US). It’s interesting actually, when you talk to people and they actually know what MMA is and what Bellator is. I’m quite excited about that.”

Brian Stann Reveals He’ll No Longer Call UFC Fights

Jackson (8-2-1) makes her Bellator debut against veteran Colleen Schneider (11-7) in a main card 125-pound bout on Friday in Verona, N.Y.

“I’m going up to flyweight for this fight and she’s coming down a weight class, so she might be the bigger, stronger, fighter,” Jackson said of Schneider. “So I’m going to have rely on my technique against her. Keep everything precise and tight, make as few mistakes as possible, and try to impose my own game on her.”

Jackson understands the importance of her bout on August 25, and because of that she’s not looking beyond it if all possible.

“I’ve mostly approached the fight game one fight at a time,” said Jackson. “I did that on The Ultimate Fighter as well. I got to the semi-finals and hasn’t really though ahead of that, so it might have helped psychologically.

“This fight is the most important one of my career. Every fight is going to be the most important fight of my career. Looking past this fight isn’t a very good idea. It’s going to be a tough fight. It’s going to take me using everything I’ve got.”

Comments

Patricky Pitbull Edges Out Benson Henderson (Bellator 183 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

The Bellator MMA cage was in San Jose, Calif. on Saturday as the SAP Center hosted Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull. Lightweights Benson Henderson and Patricky "Pitbull" Freire headlined the fight read news >>

Watch Roy Nelson's Bellator MMA Debut Win (Bellator 183 Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Roy "Big Country" Nelson made his Bellator MMA debut on Saturday and picked up a decision win over Javy Ayala. Check out the full fight video. read news >>

Bellator 187 Gets New Main Event as AJ McKee Takes James Gallagher's Spot | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator MMA is set for its return to Dublin, as undefeated sensation A.J. McKee takes Irishman James Gallagher's spot as the headliner. read news >>

Bellator 185: Mousasi vs Shlemenko Live Weigh-in Stream | MMAWeekly.com

• 2 hours ago

(Courtesy of Bellator MMA) Watch the Bellator 185: Mousasi vs Shlemenko live weigh-in stream, Thursday at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT on MMAWeekly.com. TRENDING > What's Next for Conor McGregor? (Video) Be read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Makes Quick Work of Walt Harris, Wants His Belt Back (UFC 216 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Fabricio Werdum made quick work of last-minute replacement Walt Harris at UFC 216 and then took aim at Stipe Miocic. read news >>

Watch Aaron Pico's One-Punch KO of Justin Linn (Bellator 183 Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Aaron Pico's first-round knockout of Justin Linn from Saturday's Bellator 183 in this full fight video. read news >>

Heather Hardy Expects to Face a 'Killer' at Bellator 185 | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Heather Hardy (1-0) will seek to keep her momentum going when she takes on Kristina Williams (0-0) in a 125-pound bout at Bellator 185 on Friday. read news >>

Bellator 185 headliner Alexander Shlemenko: Win over Gegard Mousasi already makes me champ

• 3 hours ago

It’s no secret ex-champ Alexander Shlemenko would like to fast-track his way back to the Bellator middleweight belt against Gegard Mousasi.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Reveals his Bellator Hit List Including Two Titles and Rory MacDonald | MMAWeekly.com

• 3 hours ago

Gegard Mousasi is just about to step into a Bellator cage for the first time on Friday night, but the former UFC middleweight contender already has big plans for his new fight home. Mousasi signed wi read news >>

Report: Valerie Letourneau meets Kate Jackson in promotional debut at Bellator 191 in England

Valerie Letourneau already knew she’d be making her Bellator debut in England in December. Now she apparently has her opponent.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>