#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Volkan Oezdemir #Conor McGregor #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Marcin Held #Bojan Velickovic #Damir Hadzovic #Dynasty of Heroes #Nicholas Musoke #Nordine Taleb #Oliver Enkamp

Martin Kampmann may have gotten a win over Thiago Alves at UFC on FX 2, but it did not unfold the way he had drawn it up.

Alves proved to be the more accurate, powerful fighter throughout much of their headlining welterweight attraction at the Allphones Arena in Sydney. Continually lighting up Kampmann with leg kicks and straight punches, Alves controlled most of the bout’s action.

“I’ll be honest. I’ve got kind of a sore leg right now, even though he didn’t hit me that many times. I was prepared to counter the low kicks with a straight right or block them,” Kampmann said at the post-fight press conference. “I wanted to take him down, because I felt I had the better ground game. Unfortunately, I was walking into some punches on the way in. Sometimes, that’s how it goes.”

Kampmann’s most effective strike of the fight came in round one, when the 29 year old connected with a front kick to Alves’ jaw and followed with a series of punch combinations. However, Alves survived the flurry to finish the round impressively, taking Kampmann down and mounting him.

“I shook him in the first round with that kick, but I knew I probably had to finish him in that third round,” said Kampmann. “Even though I shook him in the first round, he ended up on top of me. And in the second round, he was getting the better of the striking exchanges.”

Continually standing on the end of his opponent’s range, Kampmann had his head snapped back multiple times by Alves in the final two rounds, as the Brazilian settled into a rhythm and stuffed each of Kampmann’s takedown attempts.

“I was behind in there. I’ll be honest. Thiago was getting me with some good shots, and I wanted to take him down,” said Kampmann. “I was walking into too many punches, and that was not a part of the game plan. It’s a good thing I have a good chin and can eat some shots.”

With time running low in the final frame, Alves made a critical error in judgment that cost him the fight. After staggering the Dane with a combination in the bout’s waning seconds, Alves dived for a double-leg takedown. Kampmann quickly responded by locking up a tight arm-in guillotine choke and rolling on top of the American Top Team fighter. Trapped under Kampmann’s mount, Alves had no choice but to tap out at 4:12 of round three.

“It was in my mind that I had to step it up, because I was behind,” said Kampmann. “When I got the opportunity to put in the submission, I grabbed onto that choke and squeezed for dear life. I was disappointed in my performance, but I was happy to get the submission.”

UFC flyweight Joseph Benavidez breaks down struggles to get another top name in front of him

It ain’t easy being Joseph Benavidez these days, at least in terms of trying to find someone to stand across from him for a fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Admits to Giving Conor McGregor 'Longer Leash' Than Others | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White admits that he gives Conor McGregor more leeway than he does other fighters on the fight promotion's roster. read news >>

Report: Once more unto the breach for Vitor Belfort, 'Phenom' gets Nate Marquardt at UFC 212

At 40, and reportedly on the final fight of his current UFC deal, it appears Vitor Belfort will step into the cage one more time in his native Brazil. Belfort (25-14 MMA, 14-10 UFC) appears to be hea read news >>

Your daily Ragin' Al update: Iaquinta now UFC boss, calls out Swanson, releases Northcutt, calls Perry and Lee 'ignorant

Al Iaquinta may not be the UFC’s favorite fighter right now, but he’s making a heck of an impression on social media.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After 2-fight featherweight experiment, UFC's Renan Barao reportedly heading back to bantamweight

After a two-fight run as a featherweight, former bantamweight champion Renan Barao appears to be ready to move back to 135 pounds. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Matt Hamill Wins First Fight in 5 Years in Devastating Fashion (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran Matt Hamill won his first fight in nearly five years this weekend, and he did so in devastating fashion. read news >>

Heavyweight champ Daniel Gallemore believes Victory FC 57 win could get him in the UFC

It’s a common story among fighters for major mid-level promotions: One more win, and there’s a good chance I’m getting the call.Filed under: News read news >>

Tyson Nam Takes Out Ali Bagautinov at the Bell (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Tyson Nam took out former UFC flyweight title contenders Ali Bagautinov over the weekend at the last possible moment. read news >>

WSOF Full-Fight Flashback: Marlon Moraes vs. Miguel Torres | MMAWeekly.com

Marlon Moraes is headed to the UFC, but faced former WEC world champion Miguel Torres at the inaugural WSOF1 on November 3, 2012, in Las Vegas. read news >>