K.J. Noons’ move to the UFC could eventually renew old hostilities with the Diaz family.

The lightweight is officially on his way over from Strikeforce, where he lost a unanimous decision to Nick Diaz in October 2010. That bout was a rematch following Noons’ stoppage win over Diaz in EliteXC in November 2007.

If he wants to stay at 155 pounds, though, he could always meet up with Nick’s brother, Nate Diaz.

“I think that’s a great fight for me,” Noons told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think that’s a great fight for him. We all have history. … Good style matchup. Also, I think [Nick Diaz] would be a good rubber match, but I’m not looking to cut corners or talk a bunch of s--t and just get in there just yet. I know I’ve got to work my way up. [Nate] is the No. 1 contender in the UFC, or he just fought for the title, so we’ll see how that goes. And Nick’s fighting for the title, so as much as I would like to talk s--t and stir the pot, I’m sure my opportunity’s going to come and I can my work my way up. If not, it seems like controversy follows me, so some way or another it will happen.”

Noons dropped his Jan. 12 bout against Ryan Couture at Strikeforce’s final event, but the split decision has received plenty of criticism.

“At this point, you almost have to just move on and forget it,” Noons said. “It took a big chunk of my change. … What can I do? I can be on this radio show crying and bitching -- ‘Oh, feel sorry for me’ -- but nothing’s going to change. I’ve just got to dust myself off, have that mentality and heal up, get back in the gym, get better.”

The controversial decision could have cost Noons more than his win purse. It marked his fourth loss in five fights and might have kept him out of the UFC, but UFC President Dana White is bringing him over anyway.

“Dana White, thanks a lot, man,” Noons said. “I really appreciate it. He saw the fight. He even said I got robbed, and I get to keep fighting, which is awesome.”

Noons expects to be much more active in the UFC, and he’ll also have a lot more eyeballs watching him compete.

“I’m just really excited for people to see my style of fighting and the type of fighter I am,” he said. “I think you guys have known and the more serious fans have seen my fights in the past, but the general public, I don’t think, knows what type of fighter I am. That’s a big stage for you to showcase your skills.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:03:23).

Stop us if you've heard this one: UFC 208's Ian McCall loses an opponent – again

Ian McCall’s UFC comeback seems to get more and more depressing with each attempt.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event in Denver, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208: Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie Extended Video Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 208 sees the inaugural women's featherweight title fight between former bantamweight champ Holly Holm and dangerous striker Germaine de Randamie. read news >>

Jimi Manuwa vs. Corey Anderson headlines UFC Fight Night 107 in London

With less than two months until the event, UFC Fight Night 107 finally has a headliner. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Recaps UFC on FOX 23: Not a Fan of Cerrone Going Back-to-Back | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recapped an exciting UFC on FOX 23, where several title contenders emerged. read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 96.5 – UFC on FOX 23 wrap-up featuring Dana White, Valentina Shevchenko, Jorge Ma

Episode No. 96.5 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, which includes a UFC on FOX 23 wrap-up featuring Dana White, Valentina Shevchenko, Jorge Masvidal and Francis Ngannou, is now availab read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Weighs In on Ronda Rousey's UFC Struggles (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk weighs in on the struggles of former bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. read news >>

No ceremonial weigh-ins, but fans invited to Thursday's UFC Fight Night 104 open workouts

Fight fans can get an up-close look at this week’s UFC Fight Night 104 competitors on Thursday at open workouts.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 104 in Houston

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event in Houston.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

After UFC-debut win, 'TUF 24' semifinalist Alexandre Pantoja ready for top-10 opponent like Benavidez

DENVER – After getting the split-call nod over “TUF 24” castmate Eric Shelton at UFC on FOX 23, Alexandre Pantoja said his experience has earned him a “good and experienced” opponent like, say, forme read news >>