#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Kristina Williams #Bellator MMA #Heather Hardy #Conor McGregor #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP

K.J. Noons’ move to the UFC could eventually renew old hostilities with the Diaz family.

The lightweight is officially on his way over from Strikeforce, where he lost a unanimous decision to Nick Diaz in October 2010. That bout was a rematch following Noons’ stoppage win over Diaz in EliteXC in November 2007.

If he wants to stay at 155 pounds, though, he could always meet up with Nick’s brother, Nate Diaz.

“I think that’s a great fight for me,” Noons told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I think that’s a great fight for him. We all have history. … Good style matchup. Also, I think [Nick Diaz] would be a good rubber match, but I’m not looking to cut corners or talk a bunch of s--t and just get in there just yet. I know I’ve got to work my way up. [Nate] is the No. 1 contender in the UFC, or he just fought for the title, so we’ll see how that goes. And Nick’s fighting for the title, so as much as I would like to talk s--t and stir the pot, I’m sure my opportunity’s going to come and I can my work my way up. If not, it seems like controversy follows me, so some way or another it will happen.”

Noons dropped his Jan. 12 bout against Ryan Couture at Strikeforce’s final event, but the split decision has received plenty of criticism.

“At this point, you almost have to just move on and forget it,” Noons said. “It took a big chunk of my change. … What can I do? I can be on this radio show crying and bitching -- ‘Oh, feel sorry for me’ -- but nothing’s going to change. I’ve just got to dust myself off, have that mentality and heal up, get back in the gym, get better.”

The controversial decision could have cost Noons more than his win purse. It marked his fourth loss in five fights and might have kept him out of the UFC, but UFC President Dana White is bringing him over anyway.

“Dana White, thanks a lot, man,” Noons said. “I really appreciate it. He saw the fight. He even said I got robbed, and I get to keep fighting, which is awesome.”

Noons expects to be much more active in the UFC, and he’ll also have a lot more eyeballs watching him compete.

“I’m just really excited for people to see my style of fighting and the type of fighter I am,” he said. “I think you guys have known and the more serious fans have seen my fights in the past, but the general public, I don’t think, knows what type of fighter I am. That’s a big stage for you to showcase your skills.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:03:23).

Comments

Watch the 15-Second KO That Earned Karl Roberson at UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

See the fight and spectacular finish that earned Karl Roberson a UFC contract on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series! read news >>

Mizuto Hirota pulled from UFC-Japan after scary weigh-in incident

Perhaps in a not-so-stunning move, the UFC has pulled Mizuto Hirota from UFC Fight Night 117.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Mizuto Hirota Pulled from UFC Fight Night in Japan After Disastrous Weight Cut | MMAWeekly.com

Mizuto Hirota has been pulled from his fight against Charles Rosa at UFC Fight Night in Japan following a scary weigh-in on Thursday morning. UFC officials confirmed the news late Thursday night. "Du read news >>

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami: UFC Japan Joe Rogan Preview | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the main event of Fight Night Japan between Ovince Saint Preux and Yushin Okami. TRENDING > If Garbrandt or Dillashaw Pulls Out of UFC 217, Dom read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 play-by-play and live results (8 p.m. ET)

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 117. Join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 8 p.m. ET.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 discussion thread

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 117 in Saitama, Japan, which kicks off at 8 p.m. ET. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Watch UFC Fight Night 117's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

Watch a live video stream of the UFC Fight Night 117 post-event press conference from Japan here on MMAjunkie at approximately 1:15 a.m. ET.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

How to watch UFC-Japan tonight: Fight card, start time, online results, how to stream Saint Preux vs. Okami

The UFC returns to Japan tonight with UFC Fight Night 117. Here’s how to watch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Despite mixed results, high hopes for ex-UFC fighters in Bellator

It hasn’t been smooth sailing so far for Benson Henderson or Lorenz Larkin. Roy Nelson tests the waters for the first time at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Felipe Arantes vs. Josh Emmett added to UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

The upcoming UFC Fight Night 118 event in Poland has a new addition: Felipe Arantes vs. Josh Emmett.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>