#Bellator 179 #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Jon Jones #Stipe Miocic #Demian Maia #UFC 202 #Jessica Andrade

As Strikeforce’s final show approaches on Jan. 12, the list of fighters that will eventually transition to the UFC is still not set in stone.

One fighter in particular that is on everyone’s radar is former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett, who fights Nandor Guelmino at the final Strikeforce show. No one knows, however, if he will make the move back to the Octagon, even with a victory.

Over the years, UFC president Dana White‘s relationship with Barnett hasn’t been the best, and as of last weekend he still wasn’t positive what the future held for the former champion once Strikeforce closed its doors on Jan. 13.

“I don’t know, we’ll find out soon though,” White answered when asked about Barnett.

For his part, Barnett isn’t stressing about a possible future in the UFC because he still has a test in front of him on Jan. 12. When it’s over, if the UFC is the best place for him to land then he’ll land there, and if not then there are plenty of places for him to go and crack a few heads.

“I’m here to fight, that’s what I do. The rest of it, I’m sure there’s always a spot for me around the world to go beat people up,” Barnett told MMAWeekly Radio.

“I think it’s great that they’re asking about it, all the folks that are buzzing around the internet and otherwise putting that out in the air, that’s fantastic. I am not thinking at all about the UFC or anything other than fighting right now. That is stuff that doesn’t matter until you’ve gone out there and won your fight.”

Barnett says after Jan. 12 is done and gone he’ll leave negotiations up to his management team, and if the UFC is the best place for him to go, then that’s where he will sign.

“At that point, I’m sure my management will do the best to put me in the place where I belong, if that is the best fit for me at the time,” Barnett said about the UFC.

Admittedly, Barnett knows there are a lot of challenges for him in the heavyweight division in the UFC, and he’s a guy who loves a good fight.

“I know there is a lot of good competition in the UFC, and I’d like to take them out and not to dinner,” said Barnett.

While Barnett’s focus remains on his upcoming fight, he does notice the amount of fans championing his cause to get back in the UFC. It doesn’t go unnoticed, but Barnett can only concern himself with what he can control and that’s being in the best shape possible and ready to fight at Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine in Oklahoma City.

“When I get in the ring, I do it for me and me alone. I know the business aspect and what it means for the fan participation part of it, and I’m very appreciative of it, but I think the best way I can serve this entire system is to be the best possible me I can be, and to focus on being as sincere and brutal as possible,” said Barnett.

“Everything else will fall in line.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for up-to-the-minute Strikeforce news and fight coverage.

Alyssa Garcia embraces pressure that comes with having ex-UFC fighter Josh Barnett as trainer

Set to face Sheila Padilla at Friday’s Combate Americas, atomweight Alyssa Garcia looks back on her career-changing Rizin FF 3 win over Kanna Asakura and the feeling that ‘If I can do this, I can do read news >>

Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Porier Ends In Controversy (UFC 211 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the highlights from the lightweight bout between Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier at UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 on Saturday in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier Ends in Frustrating, Confusing No Contest (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier surely had much bigger expectations for their fight than the no-contest result they got at UFC 211 on Saturday in Dallas. read news >>

Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

UFC 211 looked like quite an event on paper and, based on the headlining scrap for FX's preliminary action, anyone who felt that way has pretty good instincts about the game. Former UFC lightweight c read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Admits to Illegal Fight-Ending Knee (UFC 211 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch as Eddie Alvarez admits to a fight-ending illegal knee in his fight with Dustin Poirier at UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 on Saturday in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

UFC 211 results: Ex-WSOF double champ David Branch takes split from Krzysztof Jotko in return

DALLAS – David Branch’s return to the UFC after a six-year layoff wasn’t the stuff of legend, but a smart game plan put him over Krzysztof Jotko. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 211 results: Former champ Frankie Edgar dismantles rising star Yair Rodriguez with ease

DALLAS – Yair Rodriguez wanted a fight with Frankie Edgar in order to accelerate his ascent up the featherweight ranks. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Frankie Edgar Routes Yair Rodriguez, Eyes Another Title Shot (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Frankie Edgar put on a masterful performance against rising star Yair Rodriguez at UFC 211 on Saturday in Dallas. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Frankie Edgar's dominant win over Yair Rodriguez at UFC 211

Frankie Edgar proved he can overcome new blood in the featherweight division on Saturday when the former UFC champ handed top prospect Yair Rodriguez his first octagon loss at UFC 211.Filed under: Ne read news >>

Joe Silva is a First-Year Selection to UFC Hall of Fame | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC matchmaker Joe Silva is being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame within the first year of his retirement. read news >>