#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #UFC Fight Night 118 #Alexander Shlemenko #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Bellator MMA #Kristina Williams #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Heather Hardy #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #Conor McGregor

Coming off his loss to Daniel Cormier in the Strikeforce grand prix final, Josh Barnett will try to bounce back Saturday when he takes on Nandor Guelmino in the promotion’s final event.

Ahead of the fight, Barnett joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show to discuss the matchup and more.

On Guelmino: “I know that he’s got the perfect look for a Hollywood bad guy. I don’t know why he’s bothering with this fighting crap. It seems like a total waste of time. He should be doing auditions and getting all his looks down and practicing his stunt fighting because it’s probably going to be more effective for him.”

On fighting scary opponents: “He’s not like a total idiot when it comes to fighting. He’s got some skill. He seems like he’s got athleticism. I do imagine he’s probably fairly strong … but I just know with everything I’ve done in this world, all the fights I’ve had, all the training I’ve had, all the people I’ve come across in my adventures, that this is just another one that isn’t necessarily going to stand out from the rest. You treat him like he’s a world champ, train hard and come after him 100 percent, and he goes down like the rest.”

On whether he would have rather fought a UFC heavyweight: “Who cares. Whoever was willing to fight. I don’t know. Maybe they asked some UFC heavies? Maybe they didn’t? I wasn’t a part of any of this process. I just know that they came to me and they go, ‘You’ve got a fight and this guy said he’s going to kick your ass.’ That’s as much motivation as I need for anything.”

On whether he thinks he could fight in the UFC again for Dana White: “I just do my job. To be honest, he’s somewhat the boss of the place I’m working right now. I don’t really know even how much direct contact I would have, even if I was in the UFC, with Dana necessarily. They have a whole slew of employees working for them. I don’t really think about that sort of thing. I just think about being a more efficient and brutal killing machine, and everything else should be just fine.”

On whether he’d be satisfied with his career if he retired now: “No. No, not enough. And even at the end of the day, I’m sure all that I can do from here on out, it will never be enough. That’s the only way that I can imagine that you can possibly strive to the top of the mountain.”

On the fight he would make happen or what he would do differently in his career if he could: “Mainly the Affliction one, that last fight with Fedor. That’s the one. That’s about it other than I think about what I could have done to try and be better prepared for the [Strikeforce grand prix] finals. That’s a pretty big one right there. That supersedes probably all of it, honestly. But the way things worked out are the way they worked out. I had whatever physical s--t I had to go through for that and still showed up and still fought.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 2:28:24).

Galleries

Daniel Cormier Fights

• a year ago

Josh Barnett Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Daniel Cormier Weighs In on Alexander Gustafsson or Volkan Oezdemir for Next Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier isn't planning to return in 2017 but that doesn't mean he can't look ahead to what comes next. Cormier was crowned champion again just a few weeks ago af read news >>

Michael Bisping Could Pull a Conor McGregor and Go After Daniel Cormier Next | MMAWeekly.com

Could middleweight champion Michael Bisping be ready to follow Conor McGregor in pursuit of "big money" superfights beyond Georges St-Pierre? read news >>

Daniel Cormier Calls for Fight with Volkan Oezdemir Next | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier asked and the fans responded. The reigning UFC light heavyweight champion put out a call on social media recently asking who he should face when he returns to action in 2018 with the o read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier names Volkan Oezdemir as next title challenger

Daniel Cormier is moving on from Jon Jones and lining up his next fight. Apparently, he’s cutting out the UFC’s matchmaking middlemen too.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Fires Back at Volkan Oezdemir Over Two Minute Warning | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is still awaiting word on his next title defense but all signs are pointing towards a showdown with surging contender Volkan Oezdemir. Oezdemir burst ont read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with Daniel Cormier (in studio) and Urijah Faber

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Daniel Cormier, who’s in studio, and Urijah Faber.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2538 with guests Daniel Cormier, Urijah Faber

Stream or download Friday’s episode of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Daniel Cormier and Urijah Faber.Filed under: News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Joe Rogan and Daniel Cormier Proclaim Demetrious Johnson the G.O.A.T. | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson made a strong case on Saturday that he's the greatest fighter of all time. read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier apologizes to Anthony Johnson: 'The reality is, I was wrong'

A few days after stirring up a social media back-and-forth, UFC champion Daniel Cormier thinks he shouldn’t have called Anthony Johnson soft: “Not everybody should view competition like I do.”Filed u read news >>

Everyone is making fun of Daniel Cormier's struggle with an audio cord

As if Daniel Cormier doesn’t have a hard enough job as the UFC light heavyweight champion. The broadcast booth also presented some challenges. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>