#UFC Fight Night 126 #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 57 #Derrick Lewis #Sage Northcutt #UFC Australia

Jordon Larson Heads into LFA 25 Shaping His Plans for UFC or Bellator

Welterweight up and comer Jordon Larson’s bout against Dakota Cochrane this past April for the LFA might have ended up a win on his record, but the bout did not finish as he wanted.

Early in the second round Larson took an illegal knee to the head and could not continue, which put an end to a fight he felt he was doing well in.

“In the second round there was a grappling exchange where I had yet to get off the canvas, and he threw a flying knee which put me down,” Larson told MMAWeekly.com. “The ref ended up stopping it. I wasn’t sure what was going on until the doctors were coming in and talking to me.

“Up to that point I felt good. I felt the takedowns were there, my range was there, and honestly, I would like to do that fight again. I thought it would be a good launching pad to get to the next level, but unfortunately it ended not in a way I would have liked.”

While he was able to pick up the win via disqualification, Larson is able to see what mistakes he made in the fight which could have led him to be in the position to where he got kneed.

“The second round I was chasing the takedown a little bit,” said Larson. “I would have liked to maybe let a couple of those go and put pressure on him against the cage, rather than hut for the takedown because I think that’s what put me in that position anyway.”

Cris Cyborg Blasts Holly Holm, Wants to ‘Beat Her Ass’ at UFC 219

Larson (8-3) will look to get a more productive win when he returns to the LFA on Friday to take on Kassius Holdorf (10-4) in a main card 170-pound bout in Omaha, Neb.

“Kassius a good, strong, opponent,” Larson said. “He has good, straight, technically sound strikes. He’s a little bit taller than me, but I believe I have the same reach as him. The takedowns will be there for me.

“It’s about molding it together, piecing together the things I’ve been working on. Get to that point where it’s all MMA and not just grappling or striking, mixing it. Getting comfortable, getting into my game, and executing my game plan and capitalizing on dominant position.”

Should Larson come out his fight on Friday healthy, he would want to get back to action as soon as possible. If not, he’s looking to take the steps needed to move to the next level in 2018.

“I would not be opposed to getting in another one before the end of the year,” said Larson. “I would like to get my wins to double digits and be at 10-3 to finish out the year.

“(Otherwise) I’ll get back to the gym, put in the work and be ready for the next call. I don’t want to go to the UFC or Bellator and burn out after a few fights. When I get there, I want to stay, so I have to be ready for when I get that call.”

Comments

FS1 broadcast plans set for UFC Fight Night 125, with Fitzgerald and Felder on the call

Commentary and analysts plans are set for UFC Fight Night 125, which takes place Saturday in Belem, Para, Brazil. read news >>

With added drive for UFC-Belem, ex-champ Lyoto Machida isn't thinking about retirement

Former champ Lyoto Machida hasn’t forgotten about his belt aspirations, but says it’s too soon to think of title shots at the moment. read news >>

On UFC on FOX 27 poster or not, Dennis Bermudez plans to bully Andre Fili

UFC on FOX 27 co-headliner Dennis Bermudez isn’t bothered by the fact that he’s not on the event poster. read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC Fight Night 125 in Brazil

We want your predictions for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 125 event in Brazil. read news >>

If he beats Tony Ferguson, Khabib Nurmagomedov plans to make Conor McGregor wait

If Khabib Nurmagomedov beats Tony Ferguson at UFC 223, he’ll make Conor McGregor wait for a crack at his belt. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Plans to Make Conor McGregor Earn Title Shot after UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov says that he will be fighting for the undisputed title at UFC 223 but if Conor McGregor wants a shot, he's going to have to get in line. read news >>

Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier Official for UFC 226 After Coaching on TUF 27 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White will get his wish after all. On Friday it was announced that heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic will compete in a super fight against light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier read news >>

Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier champion-vs.-champion showdown set for UFC 226

Stipe Miocic will defend the heavyweight title against 205-pound champion Daniel Cormier after the two coach on “The Ultimate Fighter.” read news >>

Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier Fight Announced for UFC 226

Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier will square off for the UFC heavyweight title at UFC 226 on July 7, according to ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto. The championship clash will take place at T-Mobile Arena in read news >>

After first UFC win, Ji Yeon Kim now hopes for fight closer to Korea

Ji Yeon Kim took her first trip to the U.S. for UFC on FOX 27, beating jet lag and time adjustments en route to a split-decision win over tough Justine Kish. read news >>