For a man whose Twitter handle is ‘All I See Is Gold’ there’s no doubt that Olympian Jordan Burroughs has had only one thing on his mind for quite some time.

As the 2012 Olympic games kick off in London, the United States Olympic squad believes they have a few gold medals already locked up.

It’s hard to argue against the U.S. basketball team capturing gold when led by names like LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant. Multi-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps seems like a shoe-in to bring home a few more when he competes this year.

But as far as the U.S. wrestling team goes the hopes and dreams of the grappling elite sit squarely on the shoulders of two-time NCAA champion from Nebraska, Jordan Burroughs, who is the best chance for gold at this year’s Olympics.

“I love the pressure. It’s been on me a number of times in my college career, being the best guy in the college room, and around the country. For me now I’m No. 1, I’ve got the weight on my shoulders, but I embrace it,” Burroughs said in an interview with MMAWeekly.com.

“A lot of people are looking up to me, looking forward to me winning, and I just want to get the ball rolling for the U.S. and represent my country well.”

While many wrestling purists will look at the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and point to a few possible candidates as gold medal hopefuls, Burroughs is as close to a sure thing as there is in these games.

Burroughs knows that it all comes down to his performance however and upsets have been a part of Olympic lore for decades, so he can’t take his eye off the prize. But for this young 24-year old kid from New Jersey, the Olympics have been the goal since day one on the mats and he’s not going to let anyone stop him.

“For me it’s all about being an Olympic gold medalist. The money will come down the road further, but for me I just want to walk around and say I’m an Olympic gold medalist. That’s the most important thing for me,” said Burroughs.

“It’s been a dream since I was a kid to be a part of the opening ceremonies, to carry a flag on my back, and represent our U.S. country. It’s awesome, I’m excited. I put a lot of hard work in for years and years and I just want to have it all come into realization.”

Burroughs has plans of competing at this year’s Olympics in London and then again at the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, and then he will turn his attention to another sport.

As a long time fan of mixed martial arts, Burroughs has already dabbled in some MMA training while becoming close friends with competitors like Strikeforce Grand Prix champion and former Olympian Daniel Cormier.

His search for the gold belt in MMA will begin in a few years, but that’s after he brings home the greatest prize of all for the United States Olympic team first.

“Probably after the 2016 Olympics,” Burroughs commented about his move into MMA.

“I want to go two Olympic cycles, I feel like I have a lot of wrestling left in me, a lot of double legs left in me, so basically that’s my focus right now win a couple world medals, win a couple gold medals in the Olympics, and make that transition into MMA.”

The opening ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic games in London kick off on Friday.

Check out the video below for the full interview with Jordan Burroughs:

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Twitter Mailbag: Where can MMA's 'seniors tour' go from here?

Is there a future in Bellator’s ratings-grabbers? Has Michael Bisping earned the money fights he so badly wants? And which of the fighters at UFC on FOX 23 could be headed for a title shot soon? All read news >>

Ronaldo Souza calls Bisping's title reign a 'disaster,' sees rematch with Romero next

RIO DE JANEIRO – UFC middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza has come to terms with the fact that a stab at the belt might not be immediately next for him. But that doesn’t mean he’d be OK with friend a read news >>

Twitter reacts to Francis Ngannou's KO of ex-champ Andrei Arlovski at UFC on FOX 23

A new contender was born in the UFC heavyweight division on Saturday when Francis Ngannou defeated Andrei Arlovski at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Jorge Masvidal's TKO of Donald Cerrone at UFC on FOX 23

Jorge Masvidal earned arguably the most significant victory of his UFC career on Saturday when he defeated Donald Cerrone in the UFC on FOX 23 co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Twitter reacts to Valentina Shevchenko’s submission of Pena, confrontation with Nunes at UFC on FOX 23

Valentina Shevchenko continued to thrive in the UFC women’s bantamweight division when she earned her second consecutive FOX-televised main event victory on Saturday at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: Fea read news >>

UFC 208: Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie Extended Video Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 208 sees the inaugural women's featherweight title fight between former bantamweight champ Holly Holm and dangerous striker Germaine de Randamie. read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: 'Cowboy' Cerrone's schedule, Chan Sung Jung's return, and more

Does Donald Cerrone just fight too much? Is the return of “The Korean Zombie” a gift for hardcore fight fans? If the UFC doesn’t get a monster TV deal in 2018, is there any other hope for WME-IMG to read news >>

Should Ronda Rousey retire? Fellow fighters discuss: 'She doesn't know how to handle a loss'

Following her second straight loss, is it time for former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey to retire, according to fellow fighters? It depends on which one you ask.Filed under: Featured read news >>

Twitter reacts to Felice Herrig's upset of Alexa Grasso at UFC Fight Night 104

Marquee strawweight prospect Alexa Grasso was handed her first career loss on Saturday when she was beaten by Felice Herrig in the UFC Fight Night 104 co-main event at Toyota Center in Houston.Filed read news >>

Twitter reacts to Chan Sung Jung's return KO of Dennis Bermudez at UFC Fight Night 104

The long-awaited UFC return of former featherweight title challenger Chan Sung Jung was a successful one on Saturday when “The Korean Zombie” defeated Dennis Bermudez in the UFC Fight Night 104 main read news >>