#Cris Cyborg #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Bellator 179 #Angela Magana #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #GSP #UFC 202 #Jon Jones

Jon Jones UFC 87Jon Jones is the type of man that has been on a journey of discovery for a long, long time, probably his entire life. But to say that his journey intensified over the past couple of weeks would be an understatement.

When UFC president Dana White pulled the plug on UFC 151, much of the criticism he and other leveled landing squarely on Jones’ shoulders.

Yes, Jon Jones turned down a short-notice fight with Chael Sonnen, but he readily points out that he was ready to go when it came to his original opponent, Dan Henderson, and that he was only doing what was right for himself and his family.

It was Henderson that pulled out of the original UFC 151 main event, injuring his knee in training.

Still, Jones was hammered by everyone from White to fans to media for declining a short-notice bout just eight days removed from fight time… but he’s not apologetic about it. In fact, he considered it one of those important learning points in his life.

“I’ve said it before as far as the lesson that I learned,” Jones said during a UFC 152 media call on Tuesday to promote his fight with Vitor Belfort. “It’s just kind of a sad message, but it’s a legit message. At the end of the day, people are going to do what’s right for themselves. I did what was right for my family.

“(Dana White) did what was right by himself, by blaming a lot of other people around him. I did what was right by myself by not (taking the fight). That was the lesson ultimately learned by me. At the end of the day, people are going to do what’s right for themselves. It’s natural human emotion to survive and that’s what we both did.”

Jones’ approach to the whole UFC 151 cancellation has brought more realization to him as well.

With all the criticism leveled at him, particularly among other fighters and a faction of fans, Jones’s skin has gotten a little thicker.

“I train so hard to not even get hit, let alone to talk about losing a fight,” Jones told MMAWeekly.com. “I love this sport so much; I owe it to myself to think of myself in the highest regard. So I’m not going to apologize if I’m a little full of myself when it comes to MMA. You gotta be full of yourself, because that’s how you master yourself, that’s where you master your abilities. Be the biggest critic of yourself and be able to praise yourself and speak highly of yourself.

“So I’m not apologetic about that, that slight arrogance I may hold when it comes to being a martial artist.”

Sometimes his comments place Jones in a public role of being the villain, but he won’t sit for that. He believes in his heart that he’s a good person, “the nicest person ever,” and he won’t sit back and be painted into a dark corner.

“I’m not going to embrace the role of being the villain, because I’m not a villain,” Jones declared.  “At the same time, I’m gonna make comments and say things that I think are true.

“I want to express who I am as a person and this is who I am.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more UFC 152 news and updates.

Alexis Davis unfazed as critics pan UFC Fight Night 108 bout with Cindy Dandois

NASHVILLE – Alexis Davis isn’t going to let some criticism get to her. As a female fighter on MMA’s biggest stage, she’s used to the gripes.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Champ Daniel Cormier Tells Jon Jones It's Now or Never | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is tired of waiting around for Jon Jones. He's laid down an ultimatum, it's now or never. read news >>

Dana White, Forrest Griffin take CNN on tour of new UFC headquarters

While the full campus isn’t quite open just yet, UFC employees recently made the move into the company’s impressive new headquarters in Las Vegas, and CNN cameras were invited in for a sneak peek of read news >>

Manager shoots down Germaine de Randamie retirement rumor, says personal issues exist

UFC women’s featherweight champ Germaine de Randamie isn’t retiring, according to her manager, but she is dealing with some issues behind the scenes.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Jon Jones Could Be Setting Records and Fighting at Heavyweight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says that if he could have stayed out of trouble, Jon Jones would be a record-setting champion and probably fighting heavyweights. read news >>

Daniel Cormier demands Jon Jones accepts UFC 214 rematch: 'It's my rules, I'm the champ now'

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier made it clear: He calls the shots when it comes to the belt, and he demands Jon Jones skip a tune-up fight and face him upon his return.Filed under: Feat read news >>

'Hungrier' ex-UFC champ Junior Dos Santos: Stipe Miocic doesn't know half the fighter I am

Although it appeared Junior Dos Santos gave everything he had to Stipe Miocic three years ago, the former UFC heavyweight champion said there’s still more to show.Filed under: Featured, Featured Vide read news >>

Daniel Cormier Rips Jon Jones, Citing UFC Star's Legal Issues, Failed Drug Tests

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier went off on rival Jon "Bones" Jones on Wednesday in an exclusive interview with TMZ. Cormier said Jones wasn't a good guy and ripped him for his past leg read news >>

Manager: UFC, Dana White ridiculous to snub Jon Jones from main event because of trust issues

Dana White has been burned too many times by Jon Jones, which is “ridiculous” for the UFC president to feel that way, according to Jones’ manager, Malki Kawa.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>