#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Nick Diaz #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Quinton Jackson #Michael Bisping #Pancrase #Demetrious Johnson #Fight Night Rotterdam

Johny Hendricks at UFC 141UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz features the who’s who of the 170-pound division.  Georges St-Pierre faces Nick Diaz in the main event for the welterweight title, but the highest ranked welterweight on the card not named St-Pierre is Johny Hendricks.

Hendricks was originally scheduled to take on Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158, but an injury to Carlos Condit’s opponent, Rory McDonald, shook up the card.

Hendricks was removed from the bout with Ellenberger and placed against Condit, while Ellenberger got a new opponent in Nate Marquardt.

Hendricks spoke about the change of opponent on a recent UFC 158 media conference call.

“You got to constantly be adaptable, meaning that, of course I wanted to fight Georges St-Pierre, but he chose somebody else; fine, cool. I had Jake Ellenberger.  I trained very hard for him then I was able to get Carlos Condit, an excellent fighter, that’s what it’s all about,” said Hendricks.

“You take it fight by fight, day by day. That’s how I live it. That’s how I train. Nothing else matters but Carlos Condit at this point. If I even think about overlooking him, he’ll definitely beat me. So I got to go out there and nothing else matters but Carlos Condit,” he said.

On the same media conference call, Nick Diaz commented that “nobody wants to see” a “wrestling match” between Hendricks and St-Pierre.  Hendricks said Diaz’ comments didn’t bother him.

“No it doesn’t because if he’s watching my fights, when have I ever took anybody down? You know what I mean? I have wrestling, yes, I do; my background is wrestling. I have knockout power. Just because I don’t go out there and use it all, you don’t have to use it all to win fights,” said Hendricks.  “He has his opinion and I’ve got mine; it doesn’t matter.”

Hendricks is on a five-fight win streak, including knocking out Martin Kampmann and Jon Fitch in a matter of seconds in the first rounds of their fights.  But winning is what is most important to Hendricks.

“The most important thing is to win fights. It doesn’t matter how you do it. If that means you got to take that end to get a win like Georges does, then do it. It’s about getting your hand raised and the fans like that. So it is what it is,” said the welterweight contender.

“The only thing that matters is like Georges said is everybody’s got to be on top, but there can only be one and we’re all fighting to get there.”

UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz takes place on March 16 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Johny Hendricks Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC 216 Ferguson vs. Lee Extended Preview: Two Title Fights | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC 216 video preview with two title fights on tap! Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee tops the card, while Demetrious Johnson attempts to make history. read news >>

Three ONE Championship Super Fights Booked for November | MMAWeekly.com

November looks set to be the busiest month in ONE Championship history with three super fights booked. read news >>

Fight Night Japan: Fantasy Cheat Sheet

In today's fantasy preview, we'll examine several fights to see who has the edge going into these tight matchups, as well as any upsets that may be brewing at UFC Fight Night: Saint-Preux vs Okami. read news >>

Get To Know TUF Cast: Lauren Murphy

Lauren Murphy, a former Invicta FC bantamweight champion with four UFC fights to her name, didn’t feel like an MMA veteran earlier this year. Then she joined the cast of The Ultimate Fighter and ever read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 pre-event facts: Jessica Andrade 1st female with a dozen UFC fights

Check out 40 facts, figures and footnotes about UFC Fight Night 117, which features an Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Why you should really pay attention to Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183

There are certain fights that bring out your inner-fan, and Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183 is one of them. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 Preview: 3 Fights You Can't Miss from Japan Card

I come before you today not to sell snake oil. UFC Fight Night 117 is not a good card. The card, which happens from the venerated Saitama Super Arena in Japan and airs Friday night in the United Stat read news >>

Bellator 183 and Bellator Kickboxing 7 weigh-in results: Henderson (155.9), Freire (156) lead 20 total fights

SAN JOSE, Calif. – MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from today’s combined Bellator 183 and Bellator Kickboxing 7 official fighter weigh-ins.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Just call it the Von Preux choke from now on

Three out of the five fights in UFC history won by Von Flue choke have come from Ovince Saint Preux, so it's time to rename the move. read news >>

What Is Benson Henderson's Legacy After Bellator 183?

The Bellator career of Benson Henderson has been turbulent. He's enjoyed two title fights in two separate weight classes since jumping ship from the UFC in early 2016, but he lost them both. After hi read news >>