#Conor McGregor #GSP #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Fight Night Rotterdam #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Darren Till #Anderson Silva #Holly Holm #Donald Cerrone

Johny Hendricks at UFC 141With three wins over top ten opponents in the last 12 months, Johny Hendricks stands head and shoulders above any other welterweight contender right now.

Hendricks flattened former teammate Martin Kampmann at UFC 154 to solidify his spot as the top dog in the division, and now he’s just waiting word on when he’ll get the chance to face champion Georges St-Pierre.

Through those three wins he’s picked up, Hendricks has twice knocked out opponents with first round victories over Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann using his deadly left head. But to hear Hendricks tell it, that’s not even his most dangerous weapon.

“That’s why I laugh when people say ‘we’ve figured out your left hand.’ My boxing isn’t my strong point. It’s something I’ve only been doing for five years; I’ve only been striking for five years. I’ve done wrestling my whole entire life,” Hendricks told MMAWeekly Radio. “So if anybody’s going to say anything, wrestling is my strong point. I feel my jiu-jitsu is better than my hands.”

Wrestling is a weapon that St-Pierre has established very well over the last several years, but former NCAA champion Hendricks isn’t backing down from a grappling match with the Canadian icon.

The only caveat to the whole St-Pierre vs. Hendricks fight happening is a potential super fight still looming overhead involving UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. St-Pierre and Silva have been tied together in a potential fight for mid-2013 in what could be the biggest fight in UFC history.

Hendricks isn’t upset however that he may have to wait for several months to get a shot at St-Pierre because all that’s going to do is allow him time to get better.

“I can only get better. Look at how much better I got in just three months of being able to focus on training. I’m still developing as a fighter; I’ve only had 14 fights in my career. I think once I hit 20 fights that’s where I’m going to be at my peak,” said Hendricks.

“Always improving, that’s the No. 1 goal of mine.”

Check out the entire MMAWeekly.com interview with Hendricks below where he talks about the win over Kampmann and his eventual showdown with Georges St-Pierre:

Galleries

Johny Hendricks Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC Fight Night 117 pre-event facts: Jessica Andrade 1st female with a dozen UFC fights

Check out 40 facts, figures and footnotes about UFC Fight Night 117, which features an Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Why you should really pay attention to Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183

There are certain fights that bring out your inner-fan, and Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183 is one of them. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping Fires Back at 'Stupid' Luke Rockhold After Recent Comments | MMAWeekly.com

The war of words between Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold rages on. On Wednesday night, Rockhold claimed that Bisping's championship reign was "the worst in UFC history" while mocking the fact that read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 Preview: 3 Fights You Can't Miss from Japan Card

I come before you today not to sell snake oil. UFC Fight Night 117 is not a good card. The card, which happens from the venerated Saitama Super Arena in Japan and airs Friday night in the United Stat read news >>

Bellator 183 and Bellator Kickboxing 7 weigh-in results: Henderson (155.9), Freire (156) lead 20 total fights

SAN JOSE, Calif. – MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from today’s combined Bellator 183 and Bellator Kickboxing 7 official fighter weigh-ins.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Just call it the Von Preux choke from now on

Three out of the five fights in UFC history won by Von Flue choke have come from Ovince Saint Preux, so it's time to rename the move. read news >>

What Is Benson Henderson's Legacy After Bellator 183?

The Bellator career of Benson Henderson has been turbulent. He's enjoyed two title fights in two separate weight classes since jumping ship from the UFC in early 2016, but he lost them both. After hi read news >>

Frustrated Benson Henderson after Bellator 183 loss: 'I need to stop having close fights'

Benson Henderson is tired of leaving fights in the hands of the judges. He wants to change that after losing in Bellator 183 main event.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Andrea Lee vs. Kalindra Faria a late addition to next week's UFC 216 lineup

Next week’s UFC 216 lineup will apparently have 13 fights, after all.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, UFC read news >>

Kevin Lee: The Fights That Have Him on the Verge of History

In the main event of UFC 216 on Oct. 7, Kevin Lee steps into the Octagon for the biggest fight of his career when he faces Tony Ferguson for the interim UFC lightweight title. In the meantime, we tak read news >>