#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #DWTNCS #UFC 215

Picture

UFC contender Johny Hendricks (15-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) doesn’t mind to wait until fall or even winter for his fight with UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC) and don’t care where the fight takes place. The “Bigg Rigg” is confident in his wrestling skills.

Hendricks earned his title shot after defeating Carlos Condit (28-7 MMA, 5-3 UFC) by unanimous decision at the recent UFC 158 on March 16 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Where GSP defended his crown against Nick Diaz (26-9 (1) MMA, 7-6 UFC) during the same event.

“If he wants to do that, more power to him.  Now I have it.  Now I know I have that fight.  Nothing stands in my way between me and GSP.  That was my main concern right there, to make sure I’m the No. 1 contender and no one can steal that spot. It doesn’t bother me to know that I’d like to fight in August, but if it’s September I’m fine with that too” said Hendricks to Knockout Radio.

The welterweight contender doesn’t care where the fight takes place: “Hey, I do not care, you know what I mean?  I don’t care where it’s at.  I just want a shot at that belt so bad I can almost taste it. Nothing else matters but getting that belt.”

About whos wrestling is better he said: “I wrestled Division I.  I was a national champion, but here in the MMA world, people act like I don’t have wrestling. One thing I think I did showcase is that my wrestling is just as strong, if not stronger, that GSP’s.”

Galleries

Johny Hendricks Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson: Mayweather-McGregor hoopla can't take away from my history

Demetrious Johnson doesn’t care if his upcoming fight promotion has taken a backseat to Mayweather-McGregor.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Canada cursed? A history of UFC main-event changes in 'The Great White North'

It still doesn’t seem like all that long ago when UFC business was booming in Canada. Now it can’t hold together a main event.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

DWCS winner Zu Anyanwu gets short-notice fill-in spot at Saturday's UFC Fight Night 116

Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 116 main card has a late change.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Alex Reyes has upset of Mike Perry on his mind on super short notice at UFC Fight Night 116

Alex Reyes took his fight with the dangerous Mike Perry on just three days’ notice for the UFC Fight Night 116 co-main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Beating Johnson not an upset in Borg's mind

Ray Borg doesn’t need any reminders from the past to let him know what he’s going up against on Saturday, because, to him, beating Demetrious Johnson wouldn’t be an upset. read news >>

'Shogun' Rua reveals struggle to try to keep UFC-Japan spot after knee injury early in camp

Ex-UFC champ Mauricio “Shogun” Rua apologized to the fans and opponent Ovince Saint Preux after pulling out of UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Hurricane Irma on UFC 215 winner Ilir Latifi's mind: 'Half of my team, my trainers have families in Miami'

Ilir Latifi is not oblivious to sacrifices made by his team to be by his side while their Miami homes were threatened: “You feel bad for them. They’re over here, and they’re watching the news all the read news >>

UFC 215's Alex White doesn't mind Mitch Clarke stole a little of his thunder

UFC 215’s Alex White can’t bring himself to be too mad that opponent Mitch Clarke stole some of his thunder by retiring. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Despite 4 broken facial bones, Gavin Tucker says ref deserves no blame at UFC 215

Many fight fans, UFC President Dana White and even his own opponent thought the fight should’ve been stopped, but the man who suffered the beating, Gavin Tucker, is thankful it wasn’t.Filed under: Ne read news >>

UFC 215 Talking Points: Nunes, Dos Anjos and Cejudo

Finding a new challenger for Amanda Nunes, Rafael Dos Anjos' steps towards a title shot, the evolution of Henry Cejudo and more in UFC 215 Talking Points. read news >>