Picture

UFC contender Johny Hendricks (15-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) doesn’t mind to wait until fall or even winter for his fight with UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC) and don’t care where the fight takes place. The “Bigg Rigg” is confident in his wrestling skills.

Hendricks earned his title shot after defeating Carlos Condit (28-7 MMA, 5-3 UFC) by unanimous decision at the recent UFC 158 on March 16 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Where GSP defended his crown against Nick Diaz (26-9 (1) MMA, 7-6 UFC) during the same event.

“If he wants to do that, more power to him.  Now I have it.  Now I know I have that fight.  Nothing stands in my way between me and GSP.  That was my main concern right there, to make sure I’m the No. 1 contender and no one can steal that spot. It doesn’t bother me to know that I’d like to fight in August, but if it’s September I’m fine with that too” said Hendricks to Knockout Radio.

The welterweight contender doesn’t care where the fight takes place: “Hey, I do not care, you know what I mean?  I don’t care where it’s at.  I just want a shot at that belt so bad I can almost taste it. Nothing else matters but getting that belt.”

About whos wrestling is better he said: “I wrestled Division I.  I was a national champion, but here in the MMA world, people act like I don’t have wrestling. One thing I think I did showcase is that my wrestling is just as strong, if not stronger, that GSP’s.”

Conor McGregor Comments on Floyd Mayweather, UFC, More in Manchester Interview

Conor McGregor is never shy about saying what's on his mind, and that continued in an interview with Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting. The 28-year-old UFC champion discussed a variety of topics Saturday read news >>

Chas Skelly wants spot on UFC 211, promises screaming fans in sleeveless shirts

HOUSTON – After a dominant display at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event, Chas Skelly warned his featherweight colleagues: “These guys don’t understand they need to fight me now because I’m improvi read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC Fight Night 105, with Derrick Lewis and Johny Hendricks in key bouts

The UFC is in one of those funky periods when the majority of its fight cards lack the type of name fighters that bring the casual fans out of the woodwork, but Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 event is read news >>

Ex-champ Johny Hendricks promises rebirth of fallen career at UFC Fight Night 105

HALIFAX – Johny Hendricks has a pep in his step that he said has been absent for several years as he approaches Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 showdown with Hector Lombard.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

Cage Warriors 80 results: Karl Amoussou takes vacant 170-pound title, makes case for UFC spot

After making quick work of Matt Inman to add a seventh finish to his current streak, newly crowned Cage Warriors champ Karl Amoussou made a clear statement with a “Hey UFC, it’s time” shirt.Filed und read news >>

Johny Hendricks Wants Georges St. Pierre Fight, Says He Would 'Beat His Face In'

New UFC middleweight Johny Hendricks has called on the organisation to pit him against the returning Georges St. Pierre in a rematch, and he believes he would easily beat the MMA legend at 185 pounds read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk eyes more than UFC 211 title defense, wants pound-for-pound top spot

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk already considers herself to be the world’s greatest female fighter. However, that’s still not good enough.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Johny Hendricks' first middleweight win at UFC Fight Night 105

A new weight class marked a new chapter of career success for Johny Hendricks.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105 results: Johny Hendricks outpoints Hector Lombard in middleweight debut

HALIFAX – Johny Hendricks found a little extra pop in his new weight class, and that may have made the difference against Hector Lombard down the stretch.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Johny Hendricks Upends Hector Lombard in Successful Middleweight Debut (UFC Halifax Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Johny Hendricks really had no option but to move to middleweight, but he looked good in his debut, getting the better of Hector Lombard at UFC Fight Night 105. read news >>