#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

Johny Hendricks vs Jon Fitch at UFC 141Some fighters fight for the money. Some fighters fight for the fame. For others, it is about the competition.

Johny Hendricks fights for his family.

Sacrificing family time for work is something most Americans have to deal with and fighters are no exception. It’s the most difficult part of the job for the 28-year-old husband and father.

“I mean I can fight for my honor, I can fight for this, but fighting for my family is the most important thing and making sure they get what they want. That’s all that matters,” said Hendricks.

Hendricks faces Josh Koscheck on Saturday night on the UFC on Fox 3 card. Both fighters are ranked in the top 5 of the welterweight division and Hendricks knows what a win over Koscheck will do for his career.

“He’s a tough opponent. You don’t stay number two or number three in the world for as many years as he’s been without being a tough fighter and that’s why I got into the division is to see if I have what it takes to compete with these guys,” Hendricks recently said.

“And that’s what makes it so exciting is every fight you don’t know what’s going to happen. All you can do is train your best and prepare your best and go out there and put on a good one and get your hand raised.”

Hendricks is coming off a knockout win over Koscheck’s friend and training partner Jon Fitch. The never-short-on-words Koscheck has made unflattering comments leading up to their showdown, but Hendricks doesn’t take any of them personal.

“No I don’t take anything personal. I’ll be the first one to tell you I am fat. I love McDonald’s, I love Taco Bell. But whenever it comes fight time, I’m always ready. So no, I’ve got 12 guys who I work out with every day that say worse things to me. That’s just the nature of the beast and that’s what sells fights,” said Hendricks.

When two high-level wrestlers are matched up against each other, the fight often times plays out as a striking battle. Hendricks predicts the fight on May 5 will unfold everywhere.

“I think this fight’s actually pretty even because we’re both complete fighters. We both like to hit people in the face, but I believe that it’s going to be a little bit of everywhere because the later you go in the rounds the easier it is to get take downs and stuff like that,” he said.

“So I think you’re going to see that. You’re not going to see just another boring wrestling match. I think it’s going to be e a fun one for everybody to watch. So I can’t wait.”

Follow @JeffMMAWeekly on Twitter or e-mail Jeff Cain.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Johny Hendricks Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Twitter Mailbag: Where's the hype for UFC 217?

UFC 217 is right around the corner. Are three title fights and GSP’s return getting the hype they deserve? Find out in Twitter Mailbag.Filed under: News read news >>

Cage Warriors 88: Preview The Two Title Fights (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Cage Warriors 88 takes place on Saturday at The Echo Arena in Liverpool, England and features two title fights. Preview the title bouts. read news >>

New York Commission Adopts Instant Replay Ahead of UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

The referees calling fights at UFC 217 in New York next month will have the added advantage of instant replay. The New York State Athletic Commission adopted new rules just recently to allow the in-r read news >>

Anxiety no longer stifles UFC Fight Night 119's Jack Hermansson

UFC Fight Night 119’s Jack Hermansson admits he still wrestles with anxiety. But after four fights, those fears don’t have the same hold.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 217: Three Title Fights, Three Champions, and a Legend (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Matchmaker Sean Shelby breaks down the three title fights headlining one of the most anticipated nights of the year at UFC 217: Bisping vs St-Pierre. read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for Bellator 186 and 2 title fights in Pennsylvania

Make your picks for the five-fight main card of Bellator 186, which has two title fights Friday in Pennsylvania.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

'UFC 217 Embedded,' No. 1: Family feasts, famished fighters

The UFC returns to New York’s famed Madison Square Garden this week, and the promotion has rolled out its “Embedded” treatment for a preview of Saturday’s UFC 217 event.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 217: Bisping vs St-Pierre Fantasy Cheat Sheet

In today's fantasy preview, we'll examine all three title fights, as well as several other matchups on the card, to see who has the edge and who might be primed for an upset at UFC 217: Bisping vs. S read news >>

UFC 217's Johny Hendricks reports this time he's not sick, not fat – just chillin'

Johny Hendricks claims all systems are a go for a must-win fight against Paulo Borrachinha at UFC 217. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 186, where a once-disrespected challenger gets his wish

Bellator 186 features two title fights, and the main attraction includes a title challenger who once felt disrespected by the promotion. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>