#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

John Howard UFC 94For UFC middleweight John “Doomsday” Howard, the opportunity to fight in front of his hometown crowd of Boston at the legendary TD Garden arena is nothing short of a career crowning experience.

“I’m so excited to be fighting at the Garden,” said Howard. “It’s a dream come true and I’m so happy.

“Of course it’s a motivator; it’s a big motivator. Only a few people out of Boston can be an athlete and perform at the Garden.”

Howard will be returning to the UFC for the first time in two years this Saturday night at UFC Fight Night 26 against Uriah Hall.

Howard told MMAWeekly.com that in his two years away from the promotion, he’s become a more formidable striker thanks to the help of a multiple time boxing champion.

“I’ve been working with Vinnie Paz and there’s a different style he’s given me,” said Howard. “My slips are way better, my power and my movement is a lot better. My footwork and head movement is way better.

“I’ve been knocking people out left and right. It’s been awesome.”

Howard (20-8) hopes it’s the striking that will make the difference in his fight with Hall (7-3)

“I’m not sure about the takedown, because I’m sure (Hall is) going to try to take me down, but one thing’s for sure is getting in there and banging hard,” said Howard. “That’s what I’m going to try to do.

“It’s going to be a good fight and I can’t wait. Even moving up to middleweight, I’m going to be stronger and faster, so I can’t wait.”

Having lost three UFC fights in a row prior to his release (and subsequently won six of seven), Howard is out to prove something at UFC Fight Night 26 and make a case for an extended return with the company.

“I want to let the UFC know that I’m back to stay and I’m moving forward,” he said. “The whole point is to make a statement, that’s my goal, to make a statement.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Comments

UFC vet Thompson knows he has to continue to evolve

"To stay at the top of the game, especially with the new up and comers coming up, you gotta keep evolving. You’ve got to think that you can do better. That’s the mentality you have to have," Thompson read news >>

Watch Tim Means Flatten John Howard (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Means faces off against Belal Muhammad in an important welterweight match up at Fight Night Sydney on Saturday, November 18 live on FS1. read news >>

How will Paul Felder stay unbiased calling teammate Anthony Pettis at UFC-Norfolk? Let him explain

Paul Felder discusses the challenge of doing commentary for teammate Anthony Pettis, who meets Dustin Poirier in UFC Fight Night 120’s main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Campbell McLaren, John Castaneda talk $100k Copa Combate tournament

Former UFC executive and Combate Americas CEO Campbell McLaren is banking on national pride to fuel Friday’s Copa Combate tournament.Filed under: News, Videos read news >>

Darren Till vs. Gunnar Nelson in England? The two welterweights seem more than down

UFC welterweight Darren Till complained that they all were “running scared” from him. So Gunnar Nelson kindly decided to volunteer. A few Twitter exchanges later, it seems these two can’t wait to get read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 discussion thread

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 120 in Norfolk, Va. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Watch UFC Fight Night 120's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

Watch a live video stream of the UFC Fight Night 120 post-event news conference here on MMAjunkie .Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

How to watch UFC Fight Night 120: Fight card, start time, online results, how to stream Poirier-Pettis

The UFC heads returns to Virginia for the first time since 2015 with today’s UFC Fight Night 120 event. Here’s how to watch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 play-by-play and live results (6:30 p.m. ET)

Check out live play-by-play and official results from UFC Fight Night 120 in Norfolk, Va.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Knockout Radio Podcast: Sage Northcutt and a UFC 217 Review | MMAWeekly.com

Join Knockout Radio for their Nov. 8 podcast featuring a look back at UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre and a talk with UFC Fight Night 120's Sage Northcutt. read news >>