John Fraser the ScoreHaving not fought since last December, Canadian bantamweight John “Haggis Basher” Fraser is understandably frustrated with the fact he’s been inactive so long, but there is some reasoning for it.

As Fraser explains, he’s been waiting to get his oft-delayed fight with up-and-comer Josh Hill to come to fruition.

“I was supposed to originally fight June 3 for this bout, so I’ve been training for it since April, but it’s gotten postponed over and over again,” said Fraser. “So I’ve just been training and working on everything and building up every aspect of my game.

“It’s been a long time (coming), but the fight’s finally going to happen.”

While Fraser’s match-up with Hill has been long talked about in Canada, it’s not necessarily the fight that he wanted.

“I would have taken another fight if there was another offer in Canada,” said Fraser. “I’ve trained with Josh before and we’re kind of both at the same level to where I feel we’re about to make the jump to the bigger show and I actually wasn’t pushing for this fight.

“I would have rather just fought another American or someone out of Western Canada. I would have rather seen us fight other people and move up. It seems like this is what Score (Fighting Series) wanted and what the fans wanted, so I was willing to go ahead and do it.”

With the fight finally slated to happen at Score FS: Hill vs. Fraser on Saturday night in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Fraser was asked how he feels the two match up in light of how parallel their careers are running.

“We’re both two guys who like to push the pace the whole fight, (but) I feel I’ve got an advantage everywhere on him,” said Fraser. “I know a lot of people are saying he’s going to out-wrestle me, but I don’t believe he will. I think I can beat him striking, wrestling, and if he takes me down, I’ll be able to tap him out.

“The only thing he’s got on me is that he’s younger.”

For the 34-year-old Fraser, this fight could very well be the one to push his career to the next level.

“I’ve tapped out my last seven guys and it really hasn’t gotten noticed, so I need to go out there and hit him with a big knockout,” said Fraser. “I think that will get the notice of some bigger shows.

“I’m getting to the point of where it will happen when it happens. I can’t worry about something like that. I’ve just got to keep fighting, and the bigger shows will decide when they decide.”

If somehow Fraser continues to get overlooked, he says he’ll just stick to his guns, regardless.

“I could win 10 more fights and they still might not take me on, so I’ve just got to keep fighting,” he said. “I feel every fight of mine is exciting, so I’ll just keep on doing what I’m doing and loving it.”

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

Jacare Souza: 'I'm the Champion Without the Title' | MMAWeekly.com

Third-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza wants a title shot, but believes he is already the champion, he just doesn't have the belt to prove it. read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Rafael dos Anjos considering Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz for first welterweight fight

Rafael dos Anjos believes he’s earned the right to jump right into UFC title contention in the welterweight division.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ de Randamie believes hand surgery inevitable, responds to Holm, 'Cyborg'

On a media teleconference Thursday, Germaine de Randamie discussed the likelihood of hand surgery and responded to criticism from both Holly Holm and “Cyborg” Justino.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105's Reginaldo Vieira believes he can still go far

Mixed martial artists tend to not get better as they get older. It’s just how things work. But don’t tell that to Reginaldo Vieira.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dan Hardy believes UFC return could be near: 'Confident I have paperwork' that clears me

LONDON — If Dan Hardy has his way, he’ll be fighting inside the octagon before the end of 2018, explaining to MMAjunkie that a team of the United Kingdom’s best cardiologists have now cleared him to read news >>