#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Nick Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Quinton Jackson #Pancrase #Fight Night Rotterdam #Demetrious Johnson

John Fraser the ScoreHaving not fought since last December, Canadian bantamweight John “Haggis Basher” Fraser is understandably frustrated with the fact he’s been inactive so long, but there is some reasoning for it.

As Fraser explains, he’s been waiting to get his oft-delayed fight with up-and-comer Josh Hill to come to fruition.

“I was supposed to originally fight June 3 for this bout, so I’ve been training for it since April, but it’s gotten postponed over and over again,” said Fraser. “So I’ve just been training and working on everything and building up every aspect of my game.

“It’s been a long time (coming), but the fight’s finally going to happen.”

While Fraser’s match-up with Hill has been long talked about in Canada, it’s not necessarily the fight that he wanted.

“I would have taken another fight if there was another offer in Canada,” said Fraser. “I’ve trained with Josh before and we’re kind of both at the same level to where I feel we’re about to make the jump to the bigger show and I actually wasn’t pushing for this fight.

“I would have rather just fought another American or someone out of Western Canada. I would have rather seen us fight other people and move up. It seems like this is what Score (Fighting Series) wanted and what the fans wanted, so I was willing to go ahead and do it.”

With the fight finally slated to happen at Score FS: Hill vs. Fraser on Saturday night in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Fraser was asked how he feels the two match up in light of how parallel their careers are running.

“We’re both two guys who like to push the pace the whole fight, (but) I feel I’ve got an advantage everywhere on him,” said Fraser. “I know a lot of people are saying he’s going to out-wrestle me, but I don’t believe he will. I think I can beat him striking, wrestling, and if he takes me down, I’ll be able to tap him out.

“The only thing he’s got on me is that he’s younger.”

For the 34-year-old Fraser, this fight could very well be the one to push his career to the next level.

“I’ve tapped out my last seven guys and it really hasn’t gotten noticed, so I need to go out there and hit him with a big knockout,” said Fraser. “I think that will get the notice of some bigger shows.

“I’m getting to the point of where it will happen when it happens. I can’t worry about something like that. I’ve just got to keep fighting, and the bigger shows will decide when they decide.”

If somehow Fraser continues to get overlooked, he says he’ll just stick to his guns, regardless.

“I could win 10 more fights and they still might not take me on, so I’ve just got to keep fighting,” he said. “I feel every fight of mine is exciting, so I’ll just keep on doing what I’m doing and loving it.”

Comments

3 reasons Edmond Tarverdyan pushing for Ronda Rousey to fight Cris Cyborg is troubling

Ronda Rousey’s coach believes it’s 50-50 she fights again, but his preferred opponent forces us to wonder what his true motives might be.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Patricky Freire says he should get title shot before Michael Chandler

Bellator lightweight Patricky “Pitbull” Freire believes he’s earned the right to cut the line of contenders at 155 pounds.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Mueller believes she can be champ

“I feel like I’m so blessed that I found MMA and realized this is my calling,” she said. “I feel like I’m not just gonna be good at this; I truly believe that I’m going to be great and going to be a read news >>

Crowder believes fighting for the fans is most important

“The fans are the most important, that’s who we’re out there fighting for,” Crowder said. “Without them, we’re beating each other up for no reason. You want to have a good fan base, you want people f read news >>

Conor McGregor Believes He'd Beat Floyd Mayweather in a Rematch | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor is a man who learns from his mistakes. Much like avenging his loss to Nate Diaz in March 2016 by returning with a victory five months later in the rematch, McGregor has that same feeli read news >>

Kevin Lee: Tony Ferguson's toughness just means he'll 'take a longer ass-whooping' at UFC 216

Kevin Lee believes Tony Ferguson is done evolving as a fighter, “and if you stop evolving, you start dying.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Emmanuel Sanchez Intends to Make a Statement Against Former Champ at Bellator 184 | MMAWeekly.com

Emmanuel Sanchez looks to pick up his third straight win when he takes on former champ Daniel Straus in the Bellator 184 co-main event on Friday. read news >>

UFC 216's Fabricio Werdum: I deserve title shot with impressive win over Derrick Lewis

Fabricio Werdum believes an impressive win vs. Derrick Lewis at UFC 216 should get him the next shot at heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Kevin Lee to Conor McGregor: 'This is for the Real Lightweight Championship' | MMAWeekly.com

Kevin Lee believes his title fight with Tony Ferguson is for the true lightweight championship and it will reduce the importance of Conor McGregor's belt. read news >>

UFC 216's Kevin Lee intends to prove he's not 'all talk' against 'weird dude' Tony Ferguson

Kevin Lee plans to be the one to back up all his trash talk when he steps in the octagon vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>