#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Conor McGregor #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Jan Blachowicz #UFC 223 #Jimi Manuwa #Tony Ferguson #Rose Namajunas

Joby Sanchez Has Fought His Way Back To The UFC | MMAWeekly.com

After being released from the UFC following The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale in late 2015, flyweight Joby Sanchez had been taking incremental steps back towards the company when a big opportunity came his way.

This past July, Sanchez participated in the first Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series event and managed to get a unanimous decision win over Manny Vazquez. Though he wasn’t able to earn a contract with the win, Sanchez returned to the Contender Series a month later and scored a second-round knockout of JP Buys to get an offer to return to the UFC.

“I fought on the first one, but didn’t get the contract, so I came back and fought again on episode seven and got the contract,” Sanchez told MMAWeekly.com. “It wasn’t a surprise (to get an opportunity to return to the UFC), because when I got cut, I said I would get back and I truly believed it.”

The First Ronda Rousey Wedding Pics Have Arrived

Looking back on his two wins in the Contender Series, Sanchez is pleased with how he performed in both bouts, and felt that if his win over Vazquez didn’t get him into the UFC, the way he fought against Buys would.

Joby Sanchez“Against Manny overall I felt good, and even though I didn’t get the contract, I was happy with the fight,” said Sanchez. “He was a tough guy, a big flyweight, and I felt I was able to out-wrestle him and out-scramble him. Even when he strongest and got me down and in into his best position, he still couldn’t finish me.

“(In the Buys fight) after the first round and going into the second I felt he was broken. He was gassed as well, so I really knew if I put the pressure on him I’d finish him that round. By the time he’s my age, he’ll be in the UFC, but I knew his inexperience was going to play a factor.”

Having been two years since he last had an official bout in the UFC, Sanchez feels he has grown quite a bit and is eager to make his return proper before the end of 2017.

“I believe I’ve made big adjustments not only in my skill work but I feel mentally I’m right where I need to be and I’m only going to get better from here,” Sanchez said. “I definitely want to fight before the year is over.”

Dana White Tease Chances Are 'Very Good' Brock Lesnar Returns to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says chances are 'very good' that former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar returns to compete inside the Octagon read news >>

Brandon Jenkins Looking to Move a Step Closer to the UFC at LFA 34 | MMAWeekly.com

On March 2 in Prior Lake, Minnesota, Brandon Jenkins (11-5) steps into a 155-pound main event championship fight against Robert Watley (9-1) at LFA 34. read news >>

Anthony Romero Hoping to Move from KOTC to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

After an impressive run as an amateur, lightweight Anthony Romero has managed a solid start to his pro MMA career by winning his first two bouts. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Essentially Closes the Door on Ever Returning to the UFC Again | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey really doesn't like the word retirement but by all accounts she's put her fighting career behind her once and for all. Just after signing her new multi-year contract to join World Wrestl read news >>

Jared Gordon Planning Mock Weight Cut to Prove to UFC He Can Fight at Featherweight | MMAWeekly.com

Jared Gordon knows he can make it down to the featherweight limit in a safe fashion so he's planning on going through a full weight cut to prove it to the UFC read news >>

Dana White Still Targeting Late Summer Return for Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor still hasn't said when exactly he plans to return to the UFC but Dana White seems to believe he will be back before the year is over. The UFC president recently spoke to the BBC where read news >>

Francis Ngannou Wants to Welcome Brock Lesnar Back to the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Heavyweight contender and former title challenger Francis Ngannou is back in the gym training and eyeing a summer return to the octagon. read news >>

Brian Ortega: A Bad Match-up for the UFC Featherweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

After watching Royce Gracie in the early days of the UFC, a young Brian Ortega tried out jiu-jitsu -- and turned out to be a prodigy. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Dad Thinks His Son Will Fight in the UFC, but Shouldn't | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather Sr. does not want his son to fight in the UFC, but that’s the direction in which he sees his son headed. read news >>

Warlley Alves set to meet Sultan Aliev at UFC 224 in Rio de Janeiro

• a day ago

A welterweight bout is the latest addition to the UFC 224 lineup in Brazil in May. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson 2 In the Works for UFC Fight Night in Atlantic City | MMAWeekly.com

• 22 hours ago

A surprising rematch at featherweight is in the works with Frankie Edgar expected to take on Cub Swanson at UFC Fight Night in Atlantic City on April 21. While contracts have not been signed, the UFC read news >>

Saudi Arabia Reportedly Investing $400 Million in UFC Parent Company | MMAWeekly.com

• 23 hours ago

Saudi Arabia is getting into the entertainment business. According to a report from Bloomberg, a deal is expected to close this week that will see Saudi Arabia, through their sovereign wealth fund, i read news >>

Miesha Tate, More than Seven-Months Pregnant, Fights Off Dog | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Despite being more than seven-months pregnant, former UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate fought a much larger dog off of her pup recently. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Not Impressed With the Competition at Lightweight in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't seem all that impressed by the competition in the lightweight division, at least judging by his comments when asked about the top fighters in the world at 155 pounds. Whil read news >>

Darren Till: 'In 200 Years, They're Gonna Remember My Name in Liverpool' | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC on Friday announced is forthcoming arrival in Liverpool, England. The event's headliner, Darren Till, was quick to lay claim to the event as his own. read news >>

Watch the UFC London Post-Fight Press Conference Live After the Event | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC Fight Night 127 Post-fight Press Conference streaming live following the event at the O2 Arena in London, England. read news >>

Search for: