#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Nick Diaz #Tony Ferguson #Quinton Jackson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Rizin 7 #Michael Bisping

Jesse Ronson - Score FSCanadian lightweight Jesse “Body Snatcher” Ronson continues to make strides forward in his career the old fashioned way, by beating increasingly difficult opposition.

Such was the case in August, when he defeated fellow up-and-comer Alex Ricci by unanimous decision for the Score Fighting Series.

“The key to that fight was staying smart and keeping my balance,” said Ronson. “I had to stay straight up, stay alert and stay ahead of him, and I did, and I proved I was the better striker.

“I thought I could finish him, but he’s tough, came in great shape and we gave the fans what they wanted.”

The win was Ronson’s sixth in a row. A winning streak that began after Ronson made an overhaul following a loss to Mike Ricci in April of 2011.

“That fight with Mike, I was doing all the wrong things in camp,” said Ronson. “I was training to defend his strengths. I changed my coaches, the way I train and put on some size, and everything has been coming together.

“Everything has changed. It was a huge revamp and I can honestly say that I’m a 100-percent different fighter than who I was when I fought Mike.”

Ronson will continue to take steps up in competition as he returns to Score on Nov. 23 in Hamilton, Ontario versus Ryan Healy.

“I had a long talk with John Alessio about him, and John said he’s got a deceptively long reach, can take a punch and comes in war shape,” said Ronson of Healy. “There’s a difference between going three rounds and going three rounds in a war. That’s something I’ve been taking into consideration in training.

“He likes dirty boxing in the clinch and grinding it out, so I’ve been preparing well for that. I’ve been training my wrestling and jiu-jitsu heavily because that’s where I want to be. I want to be the first guy to submit Ryan.”

Ronson told MMAWeekly.com that he feels a win over Healy could help him transition to the next level and cap a run that has been the best of his career.

“2012 has probably been my most successful year as a fighter,” he said. “I fought some really tough guys and got a lot of exposure.

“This is the toughest fight to date and will definitely put a stamp on things and hopefully the bigger shows notice me. If not, then it just makes me much hungrier to get my name out there and get more high-profile fights.”

Comments

Charles Rosa Looks To Break Familiar Pattern In Japan

Charles Rosa’s UFC career has seen the star continually win at home in Boston, while losing his matches when he fights on the road. Still, each of those road losses resulted in performance bonuses, w read news >>

Michael Bisping Explains the Only Way He'll Stick Around After Fighting Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping's career is coming to an end soon. The UFC middleweight champion has long addressed the possibility that he would be retiring from the sport sooner rather than later with only a coupl read news >>

Matt Brown Will Retire Following Diego Sanchez Fight | MMAWeekly.com

"The Immortal" is ready to call it a career. read news >>

What debut? Aaron Pico just hit the reset button on an again-promising career

Want to make people forget about your embarrassing debut? Send your next opponent crashing to the canvas.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

What Is Benson Henderson's Legacy After Bellator 183?

The Bellator career of Benson Henderson has been turbulent. He's enjoyed two title fights in two separate weight classes since jumping ship from the UFC in early 2016, but he lost them both. After hi read news >>

Max Holloway's Blessed UFC Career

"It’s cool having this belt and being a champion, but I want to make sure my son is set. I want him to go to college. I don’t want him to fight. Fighting is insane." read news >>

On Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez, and 2 opposite approaches to the close of a career

Matt Brown performed an honest career calculation that led him to his decision to retire after his next fight. His opponent, Diego Sanchez, seems to have chosen the opposite path. For many aging figh read news >>

What hits like a heavyweight, but moves like a welterweight? A driven Derrick Lewis, apparently

After an entire career hearing that he’ll be in trouble should his fights go to the ground, UFC 216’s Derrick Lewis is not worried about Fabricio Werdum’s grappling: “I believe it’s just going to rea read news >>

Conor McGregor Teases His UFC Return, Names Several Possible Opponents | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor is nearly ready to resume his UFC career but he's still undecided on who he will face when he steps back inside the Octagon. The reigning UFC lightweight champion took part in a Q&A in read news >>

UFC 216 preview: A closer look at Demetrious Johnson's career statistics

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson returns next Saturday in search of history in UFC 216’s co-headlining act. Check out his amazing career stats.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>