Jesse Ronson - Score FSCanadian lightweight Jesse “Body Snatcher” Ronson continues to make strides forward in his career the old fashioned way, by beating increasingly difficult opposition.

Such was the case in August, when he defeated fellow up-and-comer Alex Ricci by unanimous decision for the Score Fighting Series.

“The key to that fight was staying smart and keeping my balance,” said Ronson. “I had to stay straight up, stay alert and stay ahead of him, and I did, and I proved I was the better striker.

“I thought I could finish him, but he’s tough, came in great shape and we gave the fans what they wanted.”

The win was Ronson’s sixth in a row. A winning streak that began after Ronson made an overhaul following a loss to Mike Ricci in April of 2011.

“That fight with Mike, I was doing all the wrong things in camp,” said Ronson. “I was training to defend his strengths. I changed my coaches, the way I train and put on some size, and everything has been coming together.

“Everything has changed. It was a huge revamp and I can honestly say that I’m a 100-percent different fighter than who I was when I fought Mike.”

Ronson will continue to take steps up in competition as he returns to Score on Nov. 23 in Hamilton, Ontario versus Ryan Healy.

“I had a long talk with John Alessio about him, and John said he’s got a deceptively long reach, can take a punch and comes in war shape,” said Ronson of Healy. “There’s a difference between going three rounds and going three rounds in a war. That’s something I’ve been taking into consideration in training.

“He likes dirty boxing in the clinch and grinding it out, so I’ve been preparing well for that. I’ve been training my wrestling and jiu-jitsu heavily because that’s where I want to be. I want to be the first guy to submit Ryan.”

Ronson told MMAWeekly.com that he feels a win over Healy could help him transition to the next level and cap a run that has been the best of his career.

“2012 has probably been my most successful year as a fighter,” he said. “I fought some really tough guys and got a lot of exposure.

“This is the toughest fight to date and will definitely put a stamp on things and hopefully the bigger shows notice me. If not, then it just makes me much hungrier to get my name out there and get more high-profile fights.”

Bellator 171's Melvin Guillard eyes fight with Paul Daley, wants to avoid B.J. Penn-like career end

Melvin Guillard has a bout with Chidi Njokuani lined up for Friday’s Bellator 171 event, but he’s already considering what could come after, and he’s seeking an explosive fight in the welterweight di read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Inside the impressive career facts and figures for UFC 208 co-headliner Anderson Silva

Former longtime pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva once again returns to the octagon on Saturday when he takes on Derek Brunson in the UFC 208 co-main event. Get a look at his impressive career numb read news >>

Holm vs. De Randamie: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 208

The UFC will add a new champion to the fold when Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie close out UFC 208 on Saturday, February 11, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The main event features read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Looking to Solidify Fighting Career with UFC Title | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC will crown its first female 145-pound champion at UFC 208 on Saturday. Either Germaine de Randamie or Holly Holm will make history. read news >>

Anderson Silva Wins, Decisions Derek Brunson (UFC 208 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva picked up his 34th career win on Saturday when he defeated Derek Brunson by unanimous decision at UFC 208. read news >>

Fedor Intends to End His Career with Bellator | MMAWeekly.com

Former Pride champion Fedor Emelianenko doesn't appear likely to ever set foot in the Octagon. He wants to finish his career in the Bellator cage. read news >>