Following only his second career loss in April of last year, lightweight up and comer Jesse “Body Snatcher” Ronson made some changes in his training routine and now is enjoying a five-fight winning streak.

“I had a lot of personal problems before that fight,” said Ronson. “I was definitely mentally not in it. My diet was all wrong and when I cut, I cut too much weight and my recovery was even worse. I just had nothing in the tank.

“After that fight was over, I got myself a new wrestling coach and started taking my jiu-jitsu seriously. When I train now, I train for my strengths. I keep an open mind for (my opponents’) strengths, but I train my strengths and to impose my will on them.”

Ronson told MMAWeekly.com that not only has he noticed a difference in his fights, but his whole attitude when it comes to the sport.

“Now I’m mentally in it and my heart is in it, and it made me realize this is what I want to do with all those changes,” he said. “Now that I’ve got the proper coaching and people in my life, everything’s coming together. Everything has just been increasing; my skill, my speed, my power, my drive; everything’s just right and things are on the up and up.”

Ronson will look to continue his winning ways against Alex Ricci in a co-main event bout at Score Fighting Series 5 on Saturday night in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, in a fight that could produce the night’s biggest fireworks.

“I’ve been looking for a guy who was looking to stand and trade, and Ricci will probably stand and trade, but I know for a fact that he’s been working his wrestling and his jiu-jitsu,” said Ronson. “With that, I know he’s going to try to take me down, so I’ll get to showcase my sprawl ability and hopefully get to showcase my top game if he does do that.

“If (he wants to stand and trade), he’s just going to get knocked out. My speed and power – I can’t even compare it to what it was the last time, because it just gets so much better – I’m crushing pads in training now.”

With his manager, UFC fighter Chris Clements, currently busy with his own career, Ronson is looking to use this fight to open any eyes that can help him get to the next level.

“Chris is open to me looking for new management to get to that next step, so with this fight I’ll be 11-2 and finish it in impressive fashion – which I plan to do – hopefully some big organizations notice me and I can take the step up,” said Ronson.

Win or lose, Ronson feels his fight with Ricci on Aug. 25 will provide the kind of excitement that can’t help but get him noticed.

“People think it’s a candidate for Fight of the Year, but with two strikers like this – if he wants to stand and bang – there’s not a chance with his power and my power that it’s going three rounds,’ he said. “If anything, it’s going to be a candidate for Knockout of the Year because this fight is going to end like that.”

CM Punk Plans to Fight Again Whether It's in the UFC or Elsewhere | MMAWeekly.com

Despite losing in his UFC debut, CM Punk is determined to fight again whether it's in the UFC or not. read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

Brendan Allen Plans to Put Jon Kirk Away at LFA 3 | MMAWeekly.com

On Friday, Brendan Allen seeks to add to his winning streak when he takes on vet Jon Kirk in the 185-pound co-main event of LFA 3. read news >>

Jacare Souza: 'I'm the Champion Without the Title' | MMAWeekly.com

Third-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza wants a title shot, but believes he is already the champion, he just doesn't have the belt to prove it. read news >>

Lineup, broadcast plans set for Sunday's UFC Fight Night 105 – with lone UFC Fight Pass bout

Ten of 11 bouts at Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 event will air on FS1, with just one preliminary-card bout streaming on UFC Fight Pass.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Speed Bag: UFC champ Germaine de Randamie's plans? Yeah, that's not how you do this

New UFC women’s featherweight Germaine de Randamie’s short title reign has already been a curious one – mostly of her own doing.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>