#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Dominick Cruz #Cody Garbrandt #UFC Fight Night 118 #Michael Bisping #Donald Cerrone #UFC 207 - Nunes vs. Rousey

Jeff Curran WEC 34

Jeff Curran

With his win over Billy Vaughan at XFO 39 recently, Jeff “Big Frog” Curran continues his comeback towards big time MMA.

“I feel I performed good and fought a good, clean fight,” Curran told MMAWeekly.com. “He was a last-minute replacement and I didn’t know anything about him. Now as I watch the fight, I see things I wish I would have done a little different, but I fought well.

“For starters he only landed maybe two punches and I had a few near finishes and all my kicks were effective. Plus I just had all the cage control. There was no question in my mind or judges that I won the fight.”

Curran is currently on a run that has him winning four of his last five fights, which he attributes to a return to older ways and fan support as big parts of his resurgence.

“I have changed back to my older, healthier lifestyle,” he said. “Clean food, hard work, and a clear vision of where I want to be. These are the key elements.

“I love my fans. This type of existence is a hard one if you have no support. Fans offer a level of support that makes me feel a big need to fight good and give back to them for supporting me.”

Jeff Curran and David Love

Jeff Curran and David Love

Recent reports had Curran considering retirement if he did not get a shot at the UFC. When asked whether or not this is his outlook, he responded, “This is a true statement.

“I think the final element to me being at my best is to know I am fighting at the highest level again. I can’t even find 135-pound fights that are legit outside UFC. I want to focus on my fighters and building my school rather than float around looking for the next mid-tier fight for a little pay, (that’s) just not what motivates me.”

Curran recently moved back into his old family house to help get his personal life in order, as well as spend time with his two- and four-year-old sons, and continue to grow his business ventures, including XFO and Team Curran.

“I have big plans for XFO and continuing to build its brand,” he stated. “XFO has three more pro shows scheduled for this year, (and) we are headed back to the Sears Centre on Dec. 10 for another big show.

“Team Curran has a big year as well (with) Bart (Palazsewski) in UFC, Pat (Curran, Jeff’s cousin) in Bellator, Jens (Pulver) back on TV with Titan, one of my other fighters I hope signing with Strikeforce, and a few more guys turning pro. (It’s an) exciting time around our gym.”

Following a bad string of luck and ensuing losing streak, Curran is back on track and has his sights set on returning to the top of the MMA world.

“Thanks to everyone for giving us all a platform to display our work on,” he said in closing. “Without you MMA doesn’t exist!

“Maybe I can get Comeback Fighter of the Year and Coach of the Year at the MMA awards this year.”

Comments

UFC Champ Tyron Woodley Drops MLK on NFL Kneelers | MMAWeekly.com

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley recently seemingly weighed in on the NFL kneeling controversy. read news >>

Ian McCall Granted His Release from the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight fighter Ian McCall has been granted his release from the UFC after asking the organization to void his contract recently. UFC officials confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday. McCal read news >>

Dana White: Robbie Lawler-Rafael dos Anjos winner gets next shot at champ Tyron Woodley

The recently UFC on FOX 26 main event between Robbie Lawler and Rafael dos Anjos is a title-eliminator in the welterweight division. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 218: Holloway vs. Edgar Fight Poster Unveiled | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 218 recently gained its headlining bout, and now the official fight poster has been revealed. read news >>

Brad Tavares is all praise for the UFC's 'game-changing' Performance Institute

Whether it’s strength and conditioning, physical therapy or nutrition, Tavares says he’s been able to count on professionals who go the extra mile to make sure fighters are taken care of even when th read news >>

Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson Joins Stacked UFC 218 Lineup | MMAWeekly.com

The rich get richer in Detroit with another huge fight just added to the upcoming UFC 218 card on Dec. 2. No. 5 ranked contender Tecia Torres will get back in action against No. 6 ranked "The Karate read news >>

Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson official for UFC 218 in Detroit

Tecia Torres has wanted to fight Michelle Waterson for some time now, and that’s what she’s getting.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Cris Cyborg Blasts Holly Holm, Wants to 'Beat Her Ass' at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

Kettle? This is the pot calling. You're black! (aka Cris Cyborg putting Holly Holm on blast.) read news >>

Cris Cyborg clarifies stance on Holly Holm and USADA testing

UFC women’s featherweight champ Cris Cyborg says she isn’t worried about the past – just the future – if she fights Holly Holm at UFC 219.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 118: Cerrone vs. Till Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 118: Cerrone vs. Till full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 11:30 am ET / 8:30 am PT on Saturday. read news >>