Jeff Curran WEC 34

Jeff Curran

With his win over Billy Vaughan at XFO 39 recently, Jeff “Big Frog” Curran continues his comeback towards big time MMA.

“I feel I performed good and fought a good, clean fight,” Curran told MMAWeekly.com. “He was a last-minute replacement and I didn’t know anything about him. Now as I watch the fight, I see things I wish I would have done a little different, but I fought well.

“For starters he only landed maybe two punches and I had a few near finishes and all my kicks were effective. Plus I just had all the cage control. There was no question in my mind or judges that I won the fight.”

Curran is currently on a run that has him winning four of his last five fights, which he attributes to a return to older ways and fan support as big parts of his resurgence.

“I have changed back to my older, healthier lifestyle,” he said. “Clean food, hard work, and a clear vision of where I want to be. These are the key elements.

“I love my fans. This type of existence is a hard one if you have no support. Fans offer a level of support that makes me feel a big need to fight good and give back to them for supporting me.”

Jeff Curran and David Love

Jeff Curran and David Love

Recent reports had Curran considering retirement if he did not get a shot at the UFC. When asked whether or not this is his outlook, he responded, “This is a true statement.

“I think the final element to me being at my best is to know I am fighting at the highest level again. I can’t even find 135-pound fights that are legit outside UFC. I want to focus on my fighters and building my school rather than float around looking for the next mid-tier fight for a little pay, (that’s) just not what motivates me.”

Curran recently moved back into his old family house to help get his personal life in order, as well as spend time with his two- and four-year-old sons, and continue to grow his business ventures, including XFO and Team Curran.

“I have big plans for XFO and continuing to build its brand,” he stated. “XFO has three more pro shows scheduled for this year, (and) we are headed back to the Sears Centre on Dec. 10 for another big show.

“Team Curran has a big year as well (with) Bart (Palazsewski) in UFC, Pat (Curran, Jeff’s cousin) in Bellator, Jens (Pulver) back on TV with Titan, one of my other fighters I hope signing with Strikeforce, and a few more guys turning pro. (It’s an) exciting time around our gym.”

Following a bad string of luck and ensuing losing streak, Curran is back on track and has his sights set on returning to the top of the MMA world.

“Thanks to everyone for giving us all a platform to display our work on,” he said in closing. “Without you MMA doesn’t exist!

“Maybe I can get Comeback Fighter of the Year and Coach of the Year at the MMA awards this year.”

UFC Performance Institute Hopes to Minimize Injuries, Advance Training Techniques | MMAWeekly.com

UFC recently unveiled irs newly constructed Performance Institute in Las Vegas. The enormous, 30,000 square foot facility was built to assist fighters. read news >>

Bellator in Talks with Former UFC Broadcaster Mike Goldberg | MMAWeekly.com

Longtime UFC broadcaster Mike Goldberg was recently released by the promotion, but could become the latest UFC free agent to come to terms with Bellator. read news >>

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White's UFC Fight Offer | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recently said that Nate Diaz had been offered a fight, and he was awaiting a response. It appears that he now has one. read news >>

Nate Diaz Wants to Box Because UFC Put Him on the Shelf | MMAWeekly.com

Nate Diaz recently applied for a boxing license because he is "being put on the shelf" by the UFC. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Hints at Upcoming UFC Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC has some upcoming fight cards to fill, and it appears one of them is going to feature strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk's return to the Octagon. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Jason Knight plans Caceres KO, new contract and callout of 'The Korean Superboy'

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Don’t accuse Jason Knight for being one of those UFC fighters who doesn’t think ahead each time he enters and exits the octagon.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson rematch headlines UFC 210 in Buffalo

A light heavyweight title fight will headline UFC 210.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Returns in UFC 210 Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

This is one time where waiting pays off, as light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier returns at UFC 210 to put his belt on the line. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Alex Caceres won't trash talk fighter he doesn't know – or Jason Knight

LAKEWOOD, Colo. – UFC featherweight Alex Caceres’ manager texted him recently to ask whether he’d fight his next opponent. Caceres, though, just wanted the details of when. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>