Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller makes no excuses for his poor performance against Michael Bisping at the Ultimate Fighter 14 finale, but he’s certainly ratcheting up the pressure for his next fight against C.B. Dollaway at UFC 146.
Miller appeared on Spike TV’s MMA Uncensored Live on Thursday night where he addressed the fight, and it doesn’t sound like he’s giving Dollaway much of a chance when they square off in May.
“No, he doesn’t deserve to be in there with me, and I’ll prove it,” Miller said about Dollaway. “I’ll prove it in under a round cause we see I tend to get tired in the second round.”
Following the loss to Bisping in December, there was speculation that the UFC may not even keep the colorful and brash former host of MTV’s Bully Beatdown for another fight, but the powers that be opted to give him at least one more shot in the Octagon.
That shot comes against former Ultimate Fighter finalist C.B. Dollaway, who returns to action after having hip surgery to close out 2011.
It would seem that both fighters are in do or die situations with Dollaway coming back from two straight losses, while Miller needs to rebound from his abhorrent performance against Bisping last year.
“We’re both in a similar spot in our career I guess. We’re on the chopping block, and that’s fine, I’m really happy with that,” Miller stated.
Miller’s feelings about facing a fighter the caliber of Dollaway appear pretty clear, but if he should lose to the former Arizona State wrestler, he’s ready to call for the end of his own UFC career.
“I feel like it, I’m on my own chopping block. If I lose to him, I’m quitting. I quit. I don’t deserve to be in there,” said Miller.
His opinion is strong and his belief in his ability to beat Dollaway seems even stronger, but Miller knows beyond any boastful statement that any middleweight that’s in the UFC is going to be no easy test.
“There’s not a easy fight, there’s no easy fights whatsoever,” Miller stated.
With such a strong statement, Miller will now get the chance to back those words up when he faces Dollaway in May at UFC 146. The fight between the two middleweights will likely air on the UFC 146 prelims on FX.
Ray Borg believes he’s not only going to upset UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson, but also retire him at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Following Floyd "Money" Mayweather's 10th-round stoppage of UFC champion Conor McGregor on Saturday, a lot of people thought the fight was stopped prematurely. read news >>
On Saturday night, Conor McGregor managed to land more punches in less than 10 rounds than Manny Pacquiao did over 12 rounds in their respective fights with Floyd Mayweather. McGregor was a much heav read news >>
UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. has some "strong tools" that'd enable him to be a success in MMA. McGregor had his first professional boxing fight on Saturday ag read news >>
Conor McGregor believes cardio got the best of him against Floyd Mayweather, and with one change in prep, he could’ve come out on top.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
Stefan Struve believes a win over Alexander Volkov puts him right where he wants to be when it comes to challenging for Stipe Miocic’s belt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>
Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>
“I’ve corrected my mistakes,” Ray Borg says of his past weight-cut struggles.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
Ian Heinisch (8-0) will face Markus Perez (8-0) in a 185-pound championship main event at LFA 22 on Friday in Broomfield, Colo. read news >>
Neil Magny believes he could slide into a UFC welterweight title shot with a good showing vs. Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>