#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Bellator 183 #Gokhan Saki #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Paul Daley #Takanori Gomi #Teruto Ishihara

James Te Huna may have walked away from UFC on Fuel TV 4 with a unanimous decision over durable veteran Joey Beltran, but by no means did he leave the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., unscathed.

The native New Zealander revealed after the hard-fought contest that he had broken his left hand and one of his feet during the first five minutes of his three-round battle with the former heavyweight.

“Broken hand, broken foot -- I ain't gonna do much with that, but I thought I hit him pretty well,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference. “I thought I did well for three rounds with what I had.”

Te Huna was dominant in the first frame, despite injuring two of his four appendages, finding a home for his right hand often against Beltran, who managed to absorb several blistering blows without hitting the canvas.

“I was surprised,” Te Huna said. “I hit him with some of my biggest shots.. I lined them up and threw them as hard as I could. I tried to stay on his tail and put pressure [on him], but I couldn't get him down.”

Eventually, however, Te Huna managed to drop the ex-heavyweight, blasting Beltran with a vicious left hook in the round's final minute. The 30-year-old tried his best to finish the fight, but ultimately Beltran was able to hold on to see a second round.

The final two frames would not contain the same type of action from Te Huna, who was feeling the effects of his aforementioned injuries. Nevertheless, he moved forward, threatening with his right hand and taking Beltran to the mat on multiple occasions.

“I noticed [my injuries] toward the end of the first round. In the second round, I felt every bit of it, every time I stepped on that foot or used my jab,” said Te Huna. “I had to play it smart and try to get ahead on points.”

Though Te Huna says that his broken hand and foot did hinder his performance slightly, the light heavyweight also credits his opponent for his well-documented toughness.

“[The injuries] didn't take a lot out of my game, but it did affect my performance a little bit,” said Te Huna. “Take nothing away from Joey, though. He's tough as nails. He took some real big punches. I threw them as hard as I could, and he weathered the storm. I've done a lot of research on him, and he's a real hard worker. I knew he was going to be hard to finish, and it was going to be a war.”

The win marks the third consecutive victory for Te Huna, who has finished two-thirds of his career victims by knockout. Now a winner in four of his five Octagon outings, Te Huna says he will take on anyone the UFC asks him to face.

“I'm just taking it step by step, and whoever they match me up with, I'm going to work on that and up my game and try to get better,” he said. “I just have to fight better people and jump up to the next level.”

Comments

Kevin Lee: Conor McGregor is a Paper UFC Lightweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Kevin Lee fights for the interim lightweight title against Tony Ferguson at UFC 216 and says the bout will crown the real lightweight champion. read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

UFC 215 lineup set with 2 title fights in Edmonton, including Demetrious Johnson's quest for record

The lineup is set for the UFC’s return trip to Canada next month, including a pair of title fights at the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After 5th straight UFC win, Rustam Khabilov wants Kevin Lee to know 'I'm chasing' you

Rustam Khabilov may have walked away with the win over Desmond Green on Saturday, but he wasn’t entirely happy with how things ended.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Paige VanZant: 'I've Passed Out in My Bathroom' Cutting Weight for UFC Fights

Paige VanZant has always inhabited a somewhat strange place in the UFC. Part company spokesmodel, part fringe strawweight contender, she walks a tightrope between in-cage legitimacy and out-of-the-ca read news >>

UFC 215 Johnson vs. Borg Full Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

Take a closer look at the two world title fights headlining UFC 215 on Saturday at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. read news >>

UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2 live results

Who were the winners at UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2 live results? Click below to get the results for all the fights at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Canada on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>

Super Six Fights - Amanda Nunes

The sports world will be watching on Saturday when UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes defends her title for the second time against rival Valentina Shevchenko in the main event of UFC 215 read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Admits Pressure Drove Him Out of the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

When Georges St-Pierre walked away from mixed martial arts four years ago, it wasn't because his body was broken. He had a black cloud over his head. read news >>