#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Conor McGregor #Volkan Oezdemir #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Jon Jones #Dynasty of Heroes #Bojan Velickovic #Nicholas Musoke #Nordine Taleb #Oliver Enkamp

Jake-Shields-UFC-129-OWHaving bounced back-and-forth between the 185-pound and 170-pound weight classes, Jake Shields returns to the welterweight division for good against Tyron Woodley at UFC 161 and expects to either knock out or submit his opponent.

“I’ll most likely stay at 170.  I’ve been back-and-forth between welterweight and middleweight,” Shields recently told video journalist Rick Lee. “I’ve actually been successful at middleweight, but these guys are so big. I have a hard time. I walk around at 190 and I’m fighting these guys, a lot of them come down from 210.  When you get in the cage and feel it, they’re just a little stronger than me, bigger frame.

“Overall, I hate cutting weight, but 170 is probably my best weight.”

Despite being fined and suspended for testing positive for a banned substance and having his decision win over Ed Herman overturned to a no contest, Shields expected a higher ranked opponent.

“I was a little surprised (at getting) Tyron Woodley,” he said. “I was hoping to fight someone in the top five, like (Jake) Ellenberger again or (Carlos) Condit or Rory MacDonald.  I was hoping to get one of those huge names, but Tyron Woodley is a respectable opponent. I think he’s ranked tenth, somewhere around there.  He’s coming off a big knockout, so he’s certainly a worthy opponent, so can’t complain about the fight.

“He’s a tough guy, great wrestler, an All-American wrestler, heavy hands,” Shields continued. “He’s a tough guy, but I think I’ve got a lot more experience and just advantages everywhere. Striking, I think I can beat him.  I think I can beat him on the ground.  I think I can tap him; better conditioning.  I feel like it’s my time.  I want to go out there and bring a lot of pressure and break him.”

Shields has won titles in EliteXC, Strikeforce, Shooto, and Gladiator Challenge, and feels this fight is important to get his name back in the mix of contenders in the UFC’s welterweight division.

“I think It’s very important for me.  I need to go out there and win the fight. But not only win, I need to finish him and try to put on an exciting fight and try to show that I am out there and try to get my name back in title contention,” he said. “I want to get my name back out there right now and have them start talking about me fighting for the title again.”

The 34-year-old didn’t give a specific prediction for the fight’s outcome, but was adamant that he will be gunning to finish Woodley.

“I don’t want to give an exact prediction, but I plan on going out there and finishing him.  I don’t want this to go the distance.  I’m not just happy with winning this fight.  I want to go out there and win by either knockout or submission.”

UFC 161 takes place on on June 15 from the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and is headlined by an interim bantamweight title bout between Renan Barao and Eddie Wineland.

UFC champ Tyron Woodley needs opponent for upcoming title defense, calls out many fighters

Tyron Woodley is training for a fight but still has no opponent, although he’s called out a few.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Mike Perry, Tyron Woodley and Din Thomas

Mike Perry calls in off the heels of his highlight reel KO of Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night Nashville. Later, UFC Welterweight champion Tyron Woodley joins for an impromptu conversation about h read news >>

Twitter reacts to UFC's announcement of new women's flyweight division

Check out the top Twitter reactions to news of the UFC’s newest division, women’s flyweights, being added later this year.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Announces TUF 26 Will Crown Women's Flyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

A new division will be created and a new champion will emerge from the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. read news >>

Dana White says UFC women's flyweight division not finalized, despite announcement

Hours after the announcement, UFC President Dana White said nothing is official regarding a new women’s 125-pound weight class.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Pulls Back on Women’s Flyweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

Less than 24 hours after announcing a women's flyweight champion would be crowned this year, UFC officials are putting the idea back in the box. read news >>

TUF 26: What You Need to Know About the Division, Fighters, and the Ideal Roster

On May 4, the UFC sent out a press release informing the world that a new season of The Ultimate Fighter would crown the inaugural women's flyweight champion. Hours later, UFC President Dana White to read news >>

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk plans on being two-division titleholder

DALLAS – Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is back on some familiar turf this week for her UFC 211 co-headliner. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk eyes being 2-division UFC champ, Ronda Rousey's record

LOS ANGELES — For a woman already known worldwide as “Joanna Champion,” there is no inkling that she’s content with her status. There is still plenty she’d like to accomplish.Filed under: Featured, F read news >>