#Conor McGregor #Justin Buchholz #Dynasty of Heroes #UFC 211 #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Nate Diaz #Duane Ludwig #Cat Zingano #Twisted #Jon Jones #MMA KINGS #Fight One #Alexander Gustafsson #Rory MacDonald

Jacob Volkmann made headlines in 2011 for criticizing President Barack Obama, but he’s found a new target ahead of his bout Saturday against Paul Sass at UFC 146.

“I’ve got a new enemy in mind right now,” Volkmann told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

When asked about that enemy, Volkmann indicated fans will find out who it is at UFC 146. He added that it is an organization, not an opponent, and then he didn’t hesitate to criticize how he has been matched in the UFC.

“I’ve got five wins in a row now and I still don’t even have a top-20 [opponent],” Volkmann said. “You can go from there. I’ve never had a top-20 guy yet.”

Volkmann dropped his first two bouts in the UFC, but he won the next five, all via decision. He thinks his style, however, has hurt him when it comes to moving up the promotion’s ranks.

“They don’t like my style, the more technical kind of ground game,” Volkmann said. “I haven’t finished a fight, too. That’s another thing that has to do with me not getting a top-10 [opponent].”

Volkmann’s fight against Sass is scheduled for the preliminary card. He said no one from the UFC has approached him directly to discuss his style, but he’s certain the way he wins is why he’s on the undercard.

“Dana White, I think it was before [I fought] Efrain Escudero, he said in the back before the fight started, after the weigh-ins, he was saying the people that are on the main card are there for a reason: because they finish fights,” Volkmann said. “It’s pretty much well known why people are on the main card.”

With that said, Volkmann actually understands the UFC’s reasoning.

“I think it sucks, but it’s kind of fair because they’ve got to pay their bills too,” he said. “They’ve got to make the crowd excited. The people that pay for the pay-per-views, they want to try to keep them coming back and throwing what they think are the most exciting fights.”

Of course, Volkmann could change and make his style more entertaining for fans, but he doesn’t plan on it.

“I’m not going to try to cater to them because what I’m doing is winning,” he said. “I’m going to stick to what works for me. I’m a wrestler. I’m going to take the guy down and I’m going to try to submit him. That’s my strength, and I’m going to stick with that.”

As a consequence, he realizes a loss to Sass could cost him his job in the UFC. That means he needs to make his five-fight win streak a six-fight win streak, or he might have to find another promotion to compete in.

“If I lose, I’m pretty sure they’ll cut me, to be honest,” Volkmann said. “They don’t like my style.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:03).

Ben Askren masters the art of both thanking his opponent, promising to destroy him ahead of ONE Championship 55

Along with the usual pre-fight threats, ONE Championship welterweight champion Ben Askren had to add a thank you to upcoming opponent Agilan Thani.Filed under: News read news >>

Watch a Sneak Peak of Ronda Rousey in 'Blindspot' | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey is still making headlines, and she isn’t even scheduled to fight … yet. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Is Ripped and Tan Ahead of UFC 211 | MMAWeekly.com

Joanna Jedrzejczyk puts her title on the line for the fifth time at UFC 211. Joanna Champion is ripped and ready. read news >>

Ahead of the UFC 211 rematch, take a look back at Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos I

The heavyweight title is back on the line next week in Dallas with a highly anticipated rematch. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Video: Relive Cage Warriors 83 headliner Che Mills' scintillating UFC debut

On Saturday, English welterweight Che Mills headlines Cage Warriors 83 against Welsh fighter Lewis Long. Ahead of that clash, take a look back at Mills’ scintillating UFC debut in November 2011.Filed read news >>

James Nakashima Says He's the Most Compete Fighter That He Knows Ahead of LFA 11 | MMAWeekly.com

James Nakashima (6-0) returns for his first bout of 2017 when he takes on LaRue Burley (7-2) in a main card 170-pound bout on Friday in Phoenix at LFA 11. read news >>

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jason Radcliffe-Victor Cheng vacant middleweight title fight headlines Cage Warriors 85

The reinvented Cage Warriors organization will continue to hand out championship belts going forward, and at Cage Warriors 85, a new middleweight titleholder will be crowned.Filed under: Cage Warrior read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>