#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Javy Ayala

Jacob Noe - BellatorHaving won nine fights heading into this past February’s match-up with Mikhail Zayats in the second round of Bellator’s light-heavyweight tournament, Jacob Noe was riding high, maybe too high for his own good.

Following a first-round submission loss to Zayats, Noe decided it was time to leave his native Tennessee and make the kind of move necessary to take his career to the next level.

“I think I underestimated the guy,” said Noe of his loss to Zayats. “I just went in there without a game plan and tried to fight him and I think it backfired. He had a really good game plan and coaching. I kind of learned my lesson from that.

“In Memphis I was kind of the only full-time fighter and didn’t have consistent training partners or experience to work with, so I made the change to Team Syndicate in Las Vegas.”

Noe felt the change was a long time coming and the Zayats fight only helped crystalize the need to shake things up.

“I always knew that beforehand I wasn’t growing as a fighter and I felt like I needed to make a change,” he said. “After the fight with Mikhail, it opened everyone’s eyes and we figured I had outgrown the place (where I was) and I’m glad they accepted that I needed to make the change.”

With a new camp behind him, Noe is looking to rebound Wednesday in Thackerville, Okla., against Renato “Babalu” Sobral as part of a shortened four-man Bellator light-heavyweight tournament.

“If I keep the pressure on him, I think he’ll wither away,” said Noe of Sobral. “I’m in really good shape right now and have a little bit of altitude training and have been learning from better guys, so he’ll definitely run across the best Jacob Noe.

“I feel like when I feel like this and I’m confident, I’m difficult for anyone to deal with.”

Having alternated wins and losses in his last six bouts and being a big name signing to Bellator, it’d be understandable if all the pressure to win on Wednesday evening was Sobral’s to deal with, but according to Noe, he’s got just as much pressure on him to perform as well.

“In a way, I kind of feel the pressure is on both of us,” Noe told MMAWeekly.com. “I know I have pressure on me also because this is the fight that’s going to show the world who I am. Babalu does have a name, and he probably feels pressure to bounce back, so the pressure on both of us.

“(Winning this fight is) all about who put the work in and who wants it the most.”

Comments

Don't mind Conor McGregor, who enjoyed sipping whiskey after losing to Floyd Mayweather

The fact that he was TKO’d by Floyd Mayweather did not seem to dampen Conor McGregor’s spirit.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 182 post-event facts: Unbeaten A.J. McKee makes history

Go inside the numbers from this past Friday’s Bellator 182 event in Verona, N.Y., which saw featherweight A.J. McKee set a new standard.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 182 winner Fernando Gonzalez wants eventual title shot, but knows weight comes first

Fernando Gonzalez moved to an impressive 7-1 in Bellator this past Friday, but knows he has to get his weight cuts figured out, and soon.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen happy with big win over Veta Arteaga, but in no rush with her career

After edging Veta Arteaga at Bellator 182 win, Bruna Ellen is satisfied with how the strategy to halt her opponent’s aggression panned out.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Brooke Mayo booked opposite debuting Kaytlin Neil at Bellator 183 in San Jose

After an unsuccessful, but gritty, Bellator debut, Brooke Mayo is set to welcome Kaytlin Neil into the Bellator cage.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Pearl Gonzalez vs. debuting Poliana Botelho officially booked for UFC 216

Pearl Gonzalez will look to rebound from her UFC debut loss, and hopefully there won’t be a last-minute distraction this time.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator signs prospect Tyree Fortune, twin brother of heavyweight Tyrell Fortune

Bellator has doubled its Fortune.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Unbeaten Rob Wilkinson not stressing out about losing one day ahead of UFC Rotterdam

Coming to the UFC at 11-0, and with nine first-round finishes, Australia’s Rob Wilkinson is ready to show his skills at the next level.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2523 with Cynthia Calvillo and Fernando Gonzalez

Stream or download Wednesday’s episode of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Cynthia Calvillo and Fernando Gonzalez.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Bellator Veteran Sergio Da Silva Arrested After Alleged Involvement in Bank Robbery | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator veteran Sergio Da Silva has been arrested in connection with a bank robbery that took place in New York just a few days ago. According to a report from TMZ, Da Silva was arrested after alleg read news >>