#UFC 217 #GSP #UFC Fight Night 120 #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Nate Diaz #Cody Garbrandt #Dustin Poirier #Fight One #Anthony Pettis

For the past few years in the world of MMA heroes and villains, Michael Bisping has almost always been rated as public enemy No. 1.

The brash Brit never holds his tongue, doesn’t mind speaking out about any subject, and has no problem dropping a few expletives for an opponent or anyone really when the mood strikes him.

But something strange happened to Michael Bisping on his way to the stage for the UFC 152 weigh-ins on Friday – he received a loud ovation from the Toronto crowd and most of the noise came from cheers, not jeers.

Bisping has routinely soaked in the boos from fans in the past, and has even admittedly reveled in the moment when he gets to play the bad guy. Over the past few months however it appears Bisping might be turning a corner with the fans, who are starting to enjoy his personal brand of delivering pre-fight hype and exciting fights in the cage.

“It does seem that way a little bit. Certainly on my Twitter account everyday I get a lot of tweets saying ‘I used to absolutely hate you but now I kind of like you’ so that’s nice,” Bisping said after his win over Brian Stann at UFC 152.

Since debuting in the UFC in 2006, Bisping is the first to point out he’s done and said some dumb things, but as he grows older both in life and in the fight game, he’s always evolving and learning.

Now at 33-years of age, Bisping is a wiser and more accomplished fighter and understands a bit more now how things work with fans.

“I’ve been here a long time now and have I done things I regret over the years? Of course I have. I’ve grown up, I’ve said things, I’ve said stupid things, I’ve done stupid things. I’m 33 now, I’ve got three kids, I’ve grown up a bit. I’ve acted like an (expletive) at times, of course we all make mistakes,” said Bisping.

Now just because Bisping has grown up a little doesn’t mean he’s going to change who he is or how he behaves. He’s just learned a few lessons from past experiences, but Michael Bisping is always going to be Michael Bisping – it’s just now the fans can appreciate that a bit more than before.

“I’m still me, I’m still doing exactly what I do, I haven’t really changed,” Bisping stated. “I like it though, it’s nice.”

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Bellator 185 results: Gegard Mousasi gets past Alexander Shlemenko – and hears it from the fans

It was a pretty rough Bellator debut for Gegard Mousasi, but he got out of the main event with a win over Alexander Shlemenko.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie rankings, Oct. 24: Where does Darren Till land with his upset of 'Cowboy'?

Darren Till stayed unbeaten this past Saturday and worked his way into the upper echelon of the welterweight division. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, MMA Rankings, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Reportedly Sued for Alleged Assault at Gym

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is being sued for allegedly assaulting a man at a gym in Anaheim, California, in July. According to TMZ Sports, a suit filed by Antonio Georgakopoulos allege read news >>

Knockout Radio Live: Looking Ahead to Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

Loading ... . Tune in Wednesday at 3:30 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! with a look back at UFC Fight Night 118, and a look ahead to UFC Fight Night 119 and Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre; plu read news >>

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping being sued for alleged choking incident in California gym

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has arguably the most important fight of his career in 10 days, but a new distraction has popped up.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Listen to today's UFC 217 media call with Michael Bisping, Georges St-Pierre at 5 p.m. ET

Listen to today’s UFC 217 media call with middleweight champ Michael Bisping and challenger Georges St-Pierre on MMAjunkie at 5 p.m. ET.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping on Georges St-Pierre: 'I see more aggression out of my wife' (UFC 217 Media Call) | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping claimed, "I see more aggression out of my wife Christmas shopping than we're going to see out of Georges." read news >>

Michael Bisping Shoots Down Lawsuit Against Him as 'Total Bullocks' | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping claims that a recent lawsuit filed against him is simply an opportunistic endeavor and called it "total bollocks." read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping 'not losing sleep' over lawsuit or Cody Garbrandt claims

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping isn’t worrying about a recently filed lawsuit, or the opinions of bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Calls Michael Bisping's Assault Accuser a 'F--king P---y'

UFC President Dana White responded Thursday to the man who filed a lawsuit against middleweight champion Michael Bisping over an alleged assault at a gym in Anaheim, California. "I'm sure it's that t read news >>