All 26 competitors for Invicta FC 5 were on target at Thursday’s official weigh-in event, making Friday’s event official.
A pair of title fights sit atop the card, plus the promotional debut of former Strikeforce featherweight champion Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos.
Atomweight champion Jessica Penne (10-1) defends her title for the first time against Michelle Waterson (10-3) in the main event. Penne came in under the 105-pound maximum at 104.9 pounds, while Waterson also was under at 104.7.
The co-feature is for Invicta’s inaugural flyweight title. Barb Honchak (7-2) weighed in at 124.6 pounds, while Vanessa Porto (15-5) was 124.8.
Santos (10-1) returns to action for the first time since being stripped of her Strikeforce title and suspended for a year after a positive steroid test in December 2011. She came in at 144.8 pounds, accompanied by her manager, former UFC light heavyweight champion and UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz. Her opponent, Australia’s Fiona Muxlow (6-2), was 143.8.
Thursday’s weigh-in event took place at the Aladdin Holiday Inn in Kansas City, Mo. Invicta FC 5 takes place Friday at Ameristar Hotel and Casino, also in Kansas City. The event streams live via online pay-per-view at InvictaFC.com.
The full Invicta FC 5 weigh-in results include:
- Jessica Penne (104.9) vs. Michelle Waterson (104.7) – for atomweight title
- Barb Honchak (124.6) vs. Vanessa Porto (124.8) – for inaugural flyweight title
- Fiona Muxlow (143.8) vs. Cristiane Santos (144.8)
- Sarah Kaufman (135.5) vs. Leslie Smith (134.9)
- Zoila Frausto Gurgel (125.5) vs. Jennifer Maia (124.5)
- Lauren Taylor (134.9) vs. Kaitlin Young (135.6)
- Julia Budd (145.8) vs. Mollie Estes (144.4)
- Jasminka Cive (115) vs. Bec Hyatt (115.4)
- Cassie Rodish (104.6) vs. Simona Soukupova (104.6)
- Jessamyn Duke (135.6) vs. Miriam Nakamoto (135.8)
- Katja Kankaanpaa (115.3) vs. Juliana Carnerio Lima (115.4)
- Kathina Catron (115.8) vs. Rose Namajunas (115.6)
- Alexandra Chambers (103.8) vs. Jodie Esquibel (105)
For more on Invicta FC 5, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Jessica Penne)