#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #Nate Diaz #GGG #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Time To Shine

Bart Palaszewski (right) | Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Bart Palaszewski expects touted wrestler Kamal Shalorus to disregard his roots and slug it out with him Thursday in their lightweight bout at WEC 53.

“From what I’ve seen, he gets out there and swings and doesn’t utilize his wrestling at all,” Palaszewski said Monday during a “Savage Dog Show” interview on the Sherdog Radio Network. “As long as we keep on our feet, I think I’ll be good.”

Despite his international-level resume in wrestling, Shalorus has shown a penchant for fighting on the feet. The strategy hasn’t given him a loss yet: He’s 2-0-1 in the WEC with a draw against Jamie Varner. Accordingly, Palaszewski thinks Shalorus will stick with his usual game plan.

“He’s going to be coming forward, I think,” Palaszewski said. “Supposedly he’s been working his boxing, but you know, with wide punches and just going crazy and trying to hit me with something. I’ve seen it. He’s not going to show me anything I haven’t seen before. That’s the thing. I’m a much more technical and much more seasoned fighter and a standup fighter. We’re definitely going to clash and, I’m sure, hit each other. He’s going to be pushing forward, and I’m going to be moving around and peppering him with shots.”

Palaszewski has roughly five times the experience of Shalorus in MMA. He’s also won three straight in the WEC. Another win would likely guarantee the UFC picks him up when it merges with the WEC after Thursday’s event.

“If I lose, but I put on a good show and they think I’m worthy and they take me, that’d be great,” Palaszewski said. “But … I’m not going to put on the extra pressure and maybe choke in the cage because I was putting the pressure on. I’m just going to get out there and have fun.”

Palaszewski would consider a toe-to-toe war with Shalorus fun, but he’s also prepared for takedowns.

“I want to stand and bang, but if it hits the ground, I’m not going to be shy and just hold on to him,” Palaszewski said. “I’m going to shoot for a submission.”

Of course Palaszewski will be trying to stuff any shots Shalorus takes. On the feet, he wants to push his Iranian-born opponent to that same place Varner took him in June. Varner appeared to have Shalorus hurt but didn’t put him away.

“He got clipped a few times from Varner, but Varner never jumped on him,” Palaszewski said. “I think that was the downfall of Jamie. I know he could have finished him, but he chose to kind of pick his shots. Instead of jumping on him when he got him hurt, he kind of backed off.”

Palaszewski has a different plan.

“Jamie got him hurt, but I don’t know if he didn’t want to jump on him because he didn’t want to get taken down,” he said. “I’m not really worried about it. If I get him hurt, I’m going to jump on him. If I don’t put him away there and end up on my back, I’m not going to cry over spilled milk. I’m just going to keep working for a submission.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 13:35) with Palaszewski.

Comments

A middle-of-the-night experience with Floyd Mayweather at his gentleman's club, Girl Collection

Floyd Mayweather said he came up with the plans for the upscale club when he was in prison in 2012.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bobby Moffett Expects 'Fight of the Night' in LFA 20 Co-Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Bobby Moffett (9-2) will finally get to have his first fight of the year when he takes on Nate Jennerman (9-2) in the LFA 20 co-main event on August 25. read news >>

What Does Dana White Anticipate is Next for Conor McGregor? | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White addresses what's next for Conor McGregor and if he expects there to be issues with his top draw at the negotiating table. read news >>

Grady Hurley Plans to Prove That He's the Real Deal in LFA 21 Co-Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Grady Hurley (16-1) will look to take his overall winning streak to 14 wins in a row when he makes his LFA debut against Kevin Holland (9-3) on Friday. read news >>

Conor McGregor Says Nate Diaz Has to Come to Lightweight for the Trilogy | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor hasn't said for certain what he plans to do after fighting Floyd Mayweather this past weekend in Las Vegas, but a trilogy bout against Nate Diaz appears to be at the top of everyone's read news >>

Justin Gaethje Says Conor McGregor Is 'Terrified' of His Style, Plans to Go 30-0

There was a point in the not-so-distant past that Justin Gaethje was so unknown he was without a Wikipedia entry. Now the UFC newcomer is making headlines in and out of the cage. The Ultimate Fighter read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov expects Lee-Ferguson winner in December – and says so in super polite way

Lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov sees a 60-40 chance that Tony Ferguson is going to come out victorious of his UFC 216 interim title encounter with Kevin Lee.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featur read news >>

Reebok didn't flub Demetrious Johnson's T-shirt; UFC champ plans on changing his nickname

It looked like the UFC’s official apparel partner flubbed again with Demetrious Johnson’s nickname. Not so, says “Mighty Mouse” (for now).Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UF read news >>

Demetrious Johnson plans to keep adding to UFC title defense record – because why would he stop at 11?

Champ Demetrious Johnson believes he still has plenty of competition in the UFC flyweight position.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cain Velasquez praises Stipe Miocic's run as UFC heavyweight champ, expects 2018 return

Cain Velasquez, who is expecting his second child with his wife, has enjoyed extensive time with his family but is itching to fight again.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>