#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Roy Nelson #Yushin Okami

Cub Swanson suffered a quick defeat the first time he fought Jose Aldo, but he has no doubt that he’d win a rematch -- or rematches.

“I know that I could win that fight 10 out of 10 times if we did it again,” Swanson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “It’s not even an issue to me anymore. I’d actually like my brother -- would love for my brother -- to fight him, who’s an up-and-comer, which I feel is more of a fair fight. I don’t really feel like [himself vs. Aldo] would be a fair fight at all.”

Aldo landed a flying knee right out of the gate in their June 2009 encounter at WEC 41. The Brazilian, who is the current UFC featherweight champion, then followed up with punches to finish Swanson in just eight seconds. However, the 28-year-old Swanson has been improving. He’s won three straight, including a first-round knockout of Charles Oliveira on Sept. 22 at UFC 153.

“I definitely feel like I don’t get credit, but I’ve always taken that as kind of my fault,” said Swanson, citing his up-and-down tenure in the WEC. “I’ve been inconsistent. It’s the way this game is. There’s so many ways to lose and to win. When you’re drastically trying to make improvements in your game, sometimes you get lost in what made you great. Finding a balance in your game is a delicate thing. I feel like those wins and losses were really my growing period. I feel like right now is the time where everything’s coming together and everything’s just flowing for me. I feel unstoppable right now.”

Not only has Swanson won three straight, he’s scored three consecutive finishes. It’s been an impressive run, which has surely helped his standing in the UFC 145-pound division.

“I’m right there. I know I am,” Swanson said when asked where he stands in the class. “The way the UFC is, if you win decisively, it’s kind of jumping you through the ranks. I’ve been the underdog in my last three fights, and those were all quality opponents and I was able to win decisively. I feel like I should be right there, but there’s a couple of people that are obviously ahead of me. I kind of got to wait my turn and I’m OK with that. I’ll take another fight before I get a title shot if I need to or whatever. I’m happy fighting right now.”

Besides Aldo, Swanson is looking for a fight against an entertaining opponent. In particular, he named Chan Sung Jung (“The Korean Zombie”), Erik Koch and Ricardo Lamas.

“I want all three of those pretty bad,” Swanson said. “The Koch fight, I think he’s a real tough kid. I was supposed to fight him twice and I feel terrible that I wasn’t able to follow through with that for the fans and for him. That’s something I want back. The Zombie is just somebody who everybody loves. Everyone thinks he’s the best up-and-comer, and I don’t think so. That’s somebody I would love to throw down with. Lamas, he’s a stud and I felt like that was my fight and I messed up and I would like to give it another shot.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:01:23).

Galleries

Jose Aldo Fights

• a year ago

Cub Swanson Fights

• 5 months ago

Comments

Conor McGregor Hints at Nate Diaz Trilogy Fight After Defeat to Floyd Mayweather

Conor McGregor has hinted a trilogy bout with Nate Diaz could be next for him after losing to Floyd Mayweather Jr. by technical knockout at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Saturday. McGre read news >>

Conor McGregor Receives Minor Medical Suspension Following TKO Loss to Floyd Mayweather | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor suffered the first TKO loss of his professional fighting career on Saturday night when he was finished by Floyd Mayweather in the 10th round of their boxing match in Las Vegas. McGrego read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>

Jose Aldo: No moral victory for Conor McGregor in TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather

Jose Aldo says he didn’t even watch “The Money Fight” but wasn’t surprised – or impressed – when he heard about how it ended.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Johnson Dropping to Featherweight, Wants to Face Jose Aldo | MMAWeekly.com

Ninth-ranked lightweight Michael Johnson wants to drop down to the featherweight division to take on 'new face,' and wants to fight former champion Jose Aldo. read news >>

Jose Aldo and head coach Andre Pederneiras weigh ex-UFC champ's future options

Former featherweight champion Jose Aldo wants to fulfill a lifelong dream of fighting at Madison Square Garden. That could happen at UFC 217 – but he needs a dance partner first.Filed under: Featured read news >>

UFC's Michael Johnson explains move to featherweight, wanting to fight Jose Aldo first

Michael Johnson already has named his first featherweight target in ex-champ Jose Aldo, but he’ll take others as long as they’re big enough to justify the 10-pound drop.Filed under: Featured, News, U read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos explains Conor McGregor criticism after Floyd Mayweather fight

Rafael dos Anjos isn’t backing down from his Conor McGregor criticism following his boxing defeat to Floyd Mayweather. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jeremy Stephens would love to fight Jose Aldo – just not in November (and understandably so)

UFC 215’s Jeremy Stephens would love to fight ex-champ Jose Aldo – just not in November. He’s already pushed back his wedding.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>