#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki #Bellator 183 #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Takanori Gomi #Dong Hyun Kim

Ian McCall definitely had a rollercoaster of emotions for his UFC debut last weekend in Australia.

Prior to his fight with Demetrious Johnson ever happening, McCall came to the UFC highly regarded as the top flyweight in the world, but he was really just happy to finally get the call to come to the world’s largest MMA promotion and showcase his talents.

McCall then proceeded to engage in a three-round, back-and-forth war with Johnson that ended up being one of the most exciting fights of the night.

When the judges’ scores were read, that’s when McCall’s night took a turn for the worst.

Johnson was declared the winner by split decision, and like a bolt of lightning McCall left the cage in disgust.

“I was like wow okay, well I’m out of here. I just wanted to go home,” McCall said on MMAWeekly Radio. “I think I definitely won the fight.”

In the back, McCall removed his gloves and hand wraps and started to get ready to take the excruciatingly long flight back home to California, all consumed with the thought that he just lost his UFC debut until fate dealt him a different hand.

UFC president Dana White asked to speak to McCall and when he entered the room McCall noticed the UFC’s head honcho had a little smirk on his face, but he also noticed a camera being shoved right in his face.

Immediately, McCall was on the defensive because he had already felt what it was like to have his dreams shattered earlier in the night, and he wasn’t too excited to see someone try to capture that emotion on film.

Luckily, there was a different kind of emotion in store for McCall once White told him the news.

“He said hey they screwed up, this is a draw. This is really bad for the sport, it’s bad for this, bad for that. And I was like people make mistakes. Stuff happens. I’m not going to sit and get mad at the commission people. I mean it sucks, certain things should have happened that didn’t, but I’m just happy to be here. I’m just happy to be able to do this,” McCall said.

Now he will get ready for a second go round with Johnson later this year to see who will face Joseph Benavidez to become the first ever UFC flyweight champion.

After three rounds with the former bantamweight title contender, McCall is confident he can go 15 more minutes or hopefully put Johnson away this time.

“I can prove that I can beat him next time,” McCall said. “I’m not sure when that’s going to be, hopefully soon. There’s no date, I know he’s looking to get married and I think that’s the big hang up. It’ll get done soon I’m sure.”

The sooner the better for McCall, who just wants to get back in action and hopefully this time finish what he started in Australia.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Demetrious Johnson Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Ray Borg says he'll easily make weight for UFC 215 title fight; Demetrious Johnson believes him

“I’ve corrected my mistakes,” Ray Borg says of his past weight-cut struggles.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson plans to keep adding to UFC title defense record – because why would he stop at 11?

Champ Demetrious Johnson believes he still has plenty of competition in the UFC flyweight position.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: Demetrious Johnson chases UFC history, makes a questionable nickname change

Should we be concerned about Ray Borg missing weight? What about Demetrious Johnson’s new nickname? That and more in this Twitter Mailbag.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Wants to Set 'Legendary' Records Before Changing Divisions | MMAWeekly.com

On Saturday night at UFC 215, Demetrious Johnson will attempt to set the all-time record for title defenses in the UFC when he faces Ray Borg while putting his flyweight championship on the line for read news >>

Demetrious Johnson may make history at UFC 215, but don't expect it to change much

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson is one win away from breaking Anderson Silva’s record for consecutive UFC title defenses. Just don’t expect it to win over many new fans, and don’t expect Jo read news >>

UFC 215 Countdown: Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg | MMAWeekly.com

On the verge of breaking Anderson Silva's record for title defenses, Demetrious Johnson and his longtime coach brace for a career-making moment. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson: TJ Dillashaw Superfight Demands Superfight Money | MMAWeekly.com

Leading up UFC 215, Demetrious Johnson talks about his frosty relationship with Dana White over refusing to fight TJ Dillashaw. read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko feels great ahead of UFC 215 title match – and has dance moves to show it

Valentina Schevchenko is over Amanda Nunes’ withdrawal from their UFC 213 title encounter: “What happened two months ago was so far away.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson: 'I Have a Target On My Back' (UFC 215 Main Event Preview) | MMAWeekly.com

One of the most dominant champions in UFC history returns to the Octagon this Saturday to defend his title against No. 3 ranked flyweight Ray Borg at UFC 215. read news >>

UFC 215 - Fight by Fight Preview

Preview the entire UFC 215 card with this fight-by-fight preview, featuring the main event title fight between Demetrious Johnson and Ray Borg. read news >>