#UFC 218 #UFC Fight Night 123 #Brian Ortega #Conor McGregor #Cub Swanson #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #UFC 217 #Francis Ngannou #Alistair Overeem #Max Holloway

There’s not much more that middleweight up and comer Ian Heinisch could have done differently in his bout against Lucas Rota at LFA 10 in April.

In just under three minutes, Heinisch managed to pick up a submission victory over Rota, running his undefeated streak to eight wins to start off his MMA career.

“It was a great performance, Heinisch told MMAWeekly.com. “I stuck to the game plan. I really showcased my skills. I’m really finding my style and what kind of fighter I really am. I’m excited to have another amazing performance (in my upcoming fight).”

Originally the bout with Rota was to have happened in February, but an injury to Heinisch pushed the fight back. In hindsight, having the bout delayed ended up being beneficial for Heinisch’s career.

Ian Heinisch LFA 10“It probably would have been the same fight (had it happened in February),” said Heinisch. “It was challenging. I only got to spar one time before that last fight. It was a quick turnaround from a grade three LCL tear.

“What got me the main event (for April’s event) was me being injured (in February). The exposure I got from that performance, I got this (upcoming) fight for a title.”

Heinisch (8-0) will face Markus Perez (8-0) in a 185-pound championship main event at LFA 22 on Friday in Broomfield, Colo.

“I’m just going to put the pressure on (Perez) and not let him get his range,” Heinisch said. “Just pretty much do what I do. I feel once it goes to the ground I’ll finish him easy, but I’d definitely like to clip him on the feet and knock him out.”

Alistair Overeem Would Say Yes If Asked to Fight Francis Ngannou

With an LFA championship being the gateway for many fighters to make their way to the UFC, Heinisch is looking to follow suit and hopefully make his move up before the end of 2017.

“I definitely want to get another one or two by the end of this year,” said Heinisch. “Hopefully it’s a quick finish and I get a quick turnaround in a month or two and fight in the UFC before the end of the year.

I feel like I need to put on a performance like I did the last time and this will be the one (to get me to the UFC).”

Comments

Tyron Woodley Doesn't Think Conor McGregor Will Ever Fight Again | MMAWeekly.com

Tyron Woodley believes that UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor will never defend a UFC title... or even fight again. read news >>

Henry Cejudo Believes Demetrious Johnson Will Handle TJ Dillashaw When They Fight | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) Flyweight contender Henry Cejudo doesn't mind if UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw drops down to flyweight to get the next shot at 125-pound champ Demetri read news >>

Alonzo Menifield Believes a Win at LFA 28 Could 'Propel' His Career | MMAWeekly.com

Alonzo Menifield (4-0) will look to remain unblemished as he takes on Otavio Lacerda (9-4) in a 205-pound bout at LFA 28 on Friday in Dallas. read news >>

Conor McGregor On Potential Rematch with Floyd Mayweather: 'I Would Beat Him No Doubt' | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor talks about the mistakes he made and his confidence in a rematch with Floyd Mayweather read news >>

What Makes Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega So Special? (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Cub Swanson and Brian Ortega meet in a perfect match-up in the UFC Fight Night Fresno main event on Saturday. But what makes their match-up so special? read news >>

Knockout Radio Live: Platinum Mike Perry, Dominic Reyes, and UFC 218 Recap | MMAWeekly.com

Tune in Wednesday at 3:30 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! featuring Platinum Mike Perry, Dominic Reyes, a UFC 218 Recap, and more. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre 'Not Sure' He Will Return to the Middleweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre may be one and done as a middleweight in the UFC. Just over a month after St-Pierre defeated Michael Bisping to become middleweight champion, he's now casting doubts that he will ev read news >>

Chael Sonnen Lands in the Midst of Jake Shields' Dust-Up at Submission Underground (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen gets slapped when Jake Shields goes after AJ Agazarm during his post-fight interview at Sunday's Submission Underground 6 in Portland, Ore. read news >>

Jose Aldo Releases Upbeat Statement Despite Disappointing Loss to Max Holloway | MMAWeekly.com

Jose Aldo released a rather upbeat message in his first statement since losing back-to-back bouts to UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway. read news >>

Joe Rogan: Francis Ngannou can recreate 'Mike Tyson days' as UFC's next big star

Longtime commentator Joe Rogan believes UFC heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou has big, crossover star potential.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>