#UFC Fight Night 126 #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #Derrick Lewis #Marcin Tybura #UFC Fight Night 57 #Sage Northcutt #Curtis Millender #Thiago Alves #Bellator 194

Ian Heinisch Believes He Can Finish Markus Perez Easy on the Ground in LFA 22 Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

There’s not much more that middleweight up and comer Ian Heinisch could have done differently in his bout against Lucas Rota at LFA 10 in April.

In just under three minutes, Heinisch managed to pick up a submission victory over Rota, running his undefeated streak to eight wins to start off his MMA career.

“It was a great performance, Heinisch told MMAWeekly.com. “I stuck to the game plan. I really showcased my skills. I’m really finding my style and what kind of fighter I really am. I’m excited to have another amazing performance (in my upcoming fight).”

Originally the bout with Rota was to have happened in February, but an injury to Heinisch pushed the fight back. In hindsight, having the bout delayed ended up being beneficial for Heinisch’s career.

Ian Heinisch LFA 10“It probably would have been the same fight (had it happened in February),” said Heinisch. “It was challenging. I only got to spar one time before that last fight. It was a quick turnaround from a grade three LCL tear.

“What got me the main event (for April’s event) was me being injured (in February). The exposure I got from that performance, I got this (upcoming) fight for a title.”

Heinisch (8-0) will face Markus Perez (8-0) in a 185-pound championship main event at LFA 22 on Friday in Broomfield, Colo.

“I’m just going to put the pressure on (Perez) and not let him get his range,” Heinisch said. “Just pretty much do what I do. I feel once it goes to the ground I’ll finish him easy, but I’d definitely like to clip him on the feet and knock him out.”

Alistair Overeem Would Say Yes If Asked to Fight Francis Ngannou

With an LFA championship being the gateway for many fighters to make their way to the UFC, Heinisch is looking to follow suit and hopefully make his move up before the end of 2017.

“I definitely want to get another one or two by the end of this year,” said Heinisch. “Hopefully it’s a quick finish and I get a quick turnaround in a month or two and fight in the UFC before the end of the year.

I feel like I need to put on a performance like I did the last time and this will be the one (to get me to the UFC).”

Comments

Dana White Believes Georges St-Pierre's Return was 'Purely Financial' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White casts doubt on Georges St-Pierre's medical status, claiming that the former champion's motives were "purely financial." read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Thinks UFC is Timing the Stripping of Conor McGregor for Maximum Effect | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez believes Conor McGregor will be stripped of his title at the optimum time for maximum effect. read news >>

Dana White Believes Brock Lesnar Will Make One More Run in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White doesn't buy that Brock Lesnar is actually retired from fighting read news >>

Frankie Edgar Got Brain Scan After Gray Maynard Fight, Believes MMA is Safer Than Football and Boxing | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar, who has had his brain scanned, believes MMA is safer than most other contact sports. read news >>

Tyron Woodley Anticipates Showdown with Nate Diaz Next | MMAWeekly.com

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley truly believes that Nate Diaz will be his next opponent. After first trying to put the fight together at the close of 2017, Woodley feels like he's an a collis read news >>

Yoel Romero Believes He Suffered Broken Leg in First Round at UFC 221 | MMAWeekly.com

Yoel Romero earned a third round knockout to finish Luke Rockhold at UFC 221 and it turns out he may have been competing for the majority of the fight on one leg. After hobbling out of the Octagon on read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Won't Give Conor McGregor Immediate Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov believes there is no confusion about the UFC lightweight title that he is fighting for when he meets Tony Ferguson in the UFC 223 headliner on April 7 in Brooklyn, N.Y. When UFC p read news >>

Tyron Woodley: Valentina Shevchenko and Priscila Cachoeira 'Should Have Been Stopped Way Earlier' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley believes the Valentina Shevchenko and Priscila Cachoeira fight on Saturday was allowed to go on way too long. read news >>

Lyoto Machida Octagon Interview: 'Michael Bisping, I'm Here for You Man!' | MMAWeekly.com

After earning a split decision victory on Saturday, Lyoto Machida discussed the fight and called out Michael Bisping as a potential opponent in the Octagon. read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Heaps Praise on Overmatched Opponent Takes Aim at UFC Title | MMAWeekly.com

After a dominant performance in her flyweight debut in the UFC Fight Night 125 co-main event, Paul Felder chatted with Valentina Shevchenko inside the Octagon. read news >>