#Fight Night London #Kamaru Usman #Demian Maia #Alexa Grasso #Tatiana Suarez #UFC 224 #Conor McGregor #Amanda Nunes #Enrique Barzola #Andrea Lee #Bisping vs. St. Pierre #Raquel Pennington

Ian Heinisch Believes He Can Finish Markus Perez Easy on the Ground in LFA 22 Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

There’s not much more that middleweight up and comer Ian Heinisch could have done differently in his bout against Lucas Rota at LFA 10 in April.

In just under three minutes, Heinisch managed to pick up a submission victory over Rota, running his undefeated streak to eight wins to start off his MMA career.

“It was a great performance, Heinisch told MMAWeekly.com. “I stuck to the game plan. I really showcased my skills. I’m really finding my style and what kind of fighter I really am. I’m excited to have another amazing performance (in my upcoming fight).”

Originally the bout with Rota was to have happened in February, but an injury to Heinisch pushed the fight back. In hindsight, having the bout delayed ended up being beneficial for Heinisch’s career.

Ian Heinisch LFA 10“It probably would have been the same fight (had it happened in February),” said Heinisch. “It was challenging. I only got to spar one time before that last fight. It was a quick turnaround from a grade three LCL tear.

“What got me the main event (for April’s event) was me being injured (in February). The exposure I got from that performance, I got this (upcoming) fight for a title.”

Heinisch (8-0) will face Markus Perez (8-0) in a 185-pound championship main event at LFA 22 on Friday in Broomfield, Colo.

“I’m just going to put the pressure on (Perez) and not let him get his range,” Heinisch said. “Just pretty much do what I do. I feel once it goes to the ground I’ll finish him easy, but I’d definitely like to clip him on the feet and knock him out.”

Alistair Overeem Would Say Yes If Asked to Fight Francis Ngannou

With an LFA championship being the gateway for many fighters to make their way to the UFC, Heinisch is looking to follow suit and hopefully make his move up before the end of 2017.

“I definitely want to get another one or two by the end of this year,” said Heinisch. “Hopefully it’s a quick finish and I get a quick turnaround in a month or two and fight in the UFC before the end of the year.

I feel like I need to put on a performance like I did the last time and this will be the one (to get me to the UFC).”

Comments

Joe Rogan Believes Conor McGregor is Too Big for the UFC to Cut Him Loose | MMAWeekly.com

Many fighters have been released from a UFC contract for far less egregious actions than Conor McGregor's rampage, but Joe Rogan thinks the Irishman is too big of a star for the UFC to cut him loose. read news >>

Frank Mir Confident a Third Fight with Brock Lesnar Can Still Happen | MMAWeekly.com

Frank Mir isn't lost on the idea of doing a trilogy with Brock Lesnar after their first two fights were a part of two of the most massive events in UFC history read news >>

Composure is Key for Chris Stone at CageSport 50 | MMAWeekly.com

Chris Stone (4-1) will look to continue his good fortune from last year when he takes on Patrick Benson (4-3) in a 155-pound bout at CageSport 50 on Saturday. read news >>

Ref Marc Goddard Defends Controversial UFC Atlantic City Result: 'It's as Clear as Day' | MMAWeekly.com

There was a rather confusing outcome at Saturday night's UFC Fight Night 128 in Atlantic City, N.J., where a fighter was caught in a submission, did not tap out, time ran out, but then the referee de read news >>

Complete Line-Up for Bellator 200 Event in London Finalized | MMAWeekly.com

The full slate of fights for the historic Bellator 200 event on Friday, May 25 are complete. In all, 18 bouts will emanate at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London and air on Paramount Network at 9 p.m. E read news >>

Junior dos Santos Happy 'Nightmare is Finally Over' After USADA Resolves Doping Case | MMAWeekly.com

Junior dos Santos is finally ready to resume his fight career after he sat out since last year awaiting word from USADA after her tested positive for a banned substance. read news >>

Bellator and WSOF Veteran Alexis Vila Arrested on Murder Charge | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator and World Series of Fighting veteran Alexis Vila is in a Miami-Dade County jail in Florida, charged with murder. The 47-year-old Vila, according to Miami-Dade records, was arrested on April read news >>

Junior Dos Santos, Two More UFC Fighters Cleared to Return After USADA Conducts Extensive Investigation | MMAWeekly.com

Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Marcos Rogerio de Lima have been embroiled in a months long investigation by USADA as the anti-doping agency was looking into contaminated supplements read news >>

Cub Swanson All Class in Statement on Loss to Frankie Edgar | MMAWeekly.com

Cub Swanson hoped to avenge an earlier loss to Frankie Edgar in Saturday's UFC Fight Night 128 co-main event in Atlantic City, N.J., but it wasn't to be. Edgar pressed forward throughout the fight, p read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale: Team Miocic vs. Team Cormier Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale (TUF 27: Team Miocic vs. Team Cormier Finale) Date: July 6, 2018 Venue: Pearl Theatre at Palms Casino Resort Location: Las Vegas, Nevada The Ultimate Fighter 27 News & read news >>

UFC Fight Night 134 Fight Card | MMAWeekly.com

Fight card and event information for UFC Fight Night 134 slated for July 22, 2018, at Barclaycard Arena in Hamburg, Germany. read news >>

Volkan Oezdemir vs. Shogun Rua Moved to UFC Hamburg Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

As the UFC Santiago fight card disintegrates, a light heavyweight match-up between Volkan Oezdemir and Shogun Rua has been re-booked as the UFC Hamburg headlining bout. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Addresses Contenders to His UFC Lightweight Championship | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov addressed the current cadre of UFC lightweight contenders and laid out a time for his return to the Octagon. read news >>

Countdown to Fedor Emelianenko vs. Frank Mir: Episode 2 | MMAWeekly.com

As we get closer to fight day, Frank Mir spends "Family Time" on the mat, while Fedor Emelianenko discusses his strong desire to bring the heavyweight belt back to Russia. read news >>

Several Indefinite Medical Suspensions Given After Fight Night Atlantic City Pending Test Results | MMAWeekly.com

On Sunday, the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board released the medical suspensions stemming from Saturday's UFC Fight Night 128 in Atlantic City. read news >>

What California is Doing to Curb Dangerous Weight Cutting in MMA and Boxing (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

It's no secret that weight cutting is one of the major issues facing combat sports. The California State Athletic Commission is trying improve the practice. read news >>