#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Darren Till #Dominick Cruz #Cody Garbrandt #UFC Fight Night 118 #UFC 207

steven-siler-5.jpgJust hours before Steven Siler‘s rousing win at UFC 159 that moved him to 4-1 in the organization, his wife dropped a bombshell.

After eight months of trying, the 26-year-old learned he and his better half will have their first child.

“I was happy the whole week,” he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after the event. “I had a smile that never left my face, and even [that] morning, I found out my wife is pregnant after trying for eight months. That lifted me right back up.

“I’m the happiest man in the world.”

It fueled Siler (22-10 MMA, 4-1 UFC), a cast member on “The Ultimate Fighter 14,” to a unanimous-decision victory over onetime Strikeforce fighter and fellow featherweight Kurt Holobaugh (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC). The bout was an early “Fight of the Night” candidate, but it streamed on Facebook with a sparse crowd at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Siler, though, said he had plenty of company on fight week. Unlike UFC 154 in Montreal, where he suffered his only career UFC loss (to Darren Elkins), UFC 159 was a family affair with plenty of familiar faces.

“I was actually able to get my family, friends – people were around me that I love,” said Siler, whose UFC 154 fight week was “pretty boring” and spent only with his trainer. “They made this a perfect week. … Everyone was around. I was very, very happy all week. I had a smile on my face, and it never left my face.”

Then, two hours before he left his hotel for the night’s hosting venue, Siler’s wife shared the news about their first child.

That obviously put Siler, who’s slowly moving up the 145-pound ladder, in a good mood. He already had respect for Holobaugh, but backstage, he made sure his opponent knew it. He was just in too good of a mood to pretend otherwise.

“I think I hugged him 10 times in the back before we even fought,” Siler said. “I’m a good-spirit guy. I like to fight happy, not angry.”

For complete coverage of UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

Comments

Watch Former UFC Fighter Cathal Pendred in Trailer for New Amazon Horror Series 'Lore' | MMAWeekly.com

Retired UFC welterweight competitor Cathal Pendred moved into acting after he left fighting behind and it didn't take long for him to land a leading role in a new series. Pendred stars in the upcomin read news >>

UFC-Japan's Jessica Andrade motivated by failed title bid, aiming for KO of Claudia Gadelha

Rather than letting it deter her, Jessica Andrade says losing her stab at the strawweight title against champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 211 has given her added confidence moving forward.Filed under: read news >>

Watch Yushin Okami Take Out Evan Tanner with a Devastating Knee (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Yushin Okami's impressive knockout of former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Has New Weapons for Rose Namajunas | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk promises some new weaponry when she faces Rose Namajunas. read news >>

Luke Rockhold Trashes Michael Bisping's Title Reign as 'the Worst in UFC History' | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has never been a fan of Michael Bisping but it seems he likes him even less a year and a half into his middleweight title reign in the UFC. Of course, Rockhold has a reason to hold a gr read news >>

Episode No. 4 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 26: A New World Champion'

MMAjunkie recaps episode No. 4 of “The Ultimate Fighter 26,” which crowns the inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champion.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch the First-Round Finish That Earned Geoff Neal A UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Geoff Neal and his powerful left hand in the fight that earned him a UFC contract. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 weigh-in results and live video stream (6 a.m. ET)

Check out the results and live video stream for the UFC Fight Night 117 early and official weigh-ins.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

If Garbrandt or Dillashaw Pulls Out of UFC 217, Dominick Cruz is Ready and Willing | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz is willing to step in if champion Cody Garbrandt of TJ Dillashaw have to pull out of UFC 217. read news >>

Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk hopes to break Ronda Rousey's record – 125 then possible

Although her focus is on UFC 217 opponent Rose Namajunas, champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk is still considering a move up to flyweight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>