The Ultimate Fighting Championship is returning to Singapore this week for its first event there in more than three years. UFC Fight Night 111: Holm vs. Correia takes place in the early morning for North Americans on Saturday following Friday’s official weigh-in.
The main event features two women trying to get back into the mix for title contention in the bantamweight division.
Holly Holm is on a three-fight skid, but that includes a losing battle for the featherweight belt, and she believes that she could again challenge for a championship with a solid win in Singapore. Bethe Correia is 1-2-1 in her last four bouts, but like Holm, she believes a victory could once again make her an instant contender .
Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski could be trying to stave off an Octagon ouster when he meets Marcin Tybura. Arlovski is in the midst of a four-fight skid and is in desperate need of a win.
While most of the fighters had no issues on the scale, preliminary card fighter Carls John De Tomas was well over the 126-pound limit for his flyweight contest with Naoki Inoue. De Tomas weighed 131 pounds. He was fined 30-percent of his fight purse, which goes to his opponent, according to MMAJunkie. The fight will still take place.
Main Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Holly Holm (135) vs. Bethe Correia (136)
- Andrei Arlovski (243) vs. Marcin Tybura (242)
- Dong Hyun Kim “Stun Gum” (171) vs. Colby Covington (171)
- Rafael dos Anjos (170) vs. Tarec Saffiedine (170)
Prelims (UFC Fight Pass)
- Takanori Gomi (156) vs. Jon Tuck (156)
- Cyril Asker (245) vs. Walt Harris (249)
- Alex Caceres (146) vs. Rolando Dy (146)
- Justin Scoggins (126) vs. Ulka Sasaki (125)
- Li Jingliang (170) vs. Frank Camacho (169)
- Kwan Ho Kwak (136) vs. Russell Doane (135)
- Naoki Inoue (124) vs. Carls John De Tomas (131)
- Ji Yeon Kim (136) vs. Lucie Pudilova (134)
(Weights courtesy of MMAJunkie.com)