#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Jan Blachowicz #Jimi Manuwa #Terrion Ware #Tom Duquesnoy #Leon Edwards #Peter Sobotta #Paul Craig #Magomed Ankalaev #Charles Byrd #John Phillips #Danny Henry #Hakeem Dawodu

Holly Holm ready to fight 'beatable' UFC champ Cris Cyborg ... if the terms are right

Holly Holm is ready and willing to fight UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg as soon as possible – she just wants to make sure all the terms are correct, specifically when it comes to financial compensation.

There are many fighters unwilling to face Cyborg (18-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who has been one of the most dominant figures in the sport over her more than 12-year undefeated run. Ex-champ Holm (11-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) is not only of them, but she knows a bout the magnitude of one against the Brazilian is worthy of a significant deal.

“I don’t get too nitpicky with a lot of stuff,” Holm told MMAjunkie. “I don’t want to be a whiny fighter. She better make weight, I’ll tell you that. I do feel like the compensation should be a lot more, based on the fact it’s the biggest girls fight anyone can have right now; that’s my reasoning. I feel like we should be compensated for it. That has nothing else to do with anything else other than it’s just a factual thing. That has nothing to do with the drama or anything else.”

Holm is coming off a third-round knockout of Bethe Correia at UFC Fight Night 111. The victory snapped a three-fight losing skid for the former women’s 135-pound titleholder, one of which included a unanimous decision defeat to Germaine de Randamie for the inaugural women’s featherweight belt at UFC 208 in February.

Cyborg, meanwhile, claimed the vacant 145-pound belt that was stripped from de Randamie when she defeated Tonya Evinger by third-round TKO at UFC 214 in July. There was immediate talk of a bout with Holm afterward, and UFC President Dana White said “The Preacher’s Daughter” was interested in the fight at the UFC 214 post-fight press conference.

Holm said she’s not going to wait forever for it to happen, though.

“It’s a big possibility,” Holm said. “There’s been a couple times we’ve talked about it before. We’ve talked about a catchweight which he didn’t want to do. That was before they opened the 145-pound division. … If the fight with Cyborg is offered, then I’m going to sign it. If not, then whoever they give me. I don’t want my career to be defined by one fight. Everyone was talking about the Ronda (Rousey) fight, and then what? There’s still a whole career that’s always still out there. I’m not going to sit around waiting for one. If the opportunity comes, then that’s great.”

One of the sticking points for most fighters when it comes to Cyborg is a concern about her history with drug testing. She flunked a test in December 2011 while competing under the now-defunct Strikeforce organization and also had a brief hiccup with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) in December, a case where she was later cleared of any wrongdoing.

Holm has historically taken a hard stance against performance-enhancing drugs, but she said Cyborg’s past isn’t of great concern.

“A lot of the girls have their reason to not really want to fight her,” Holm said. “She got the violation before (in 2011). I don’t know. My thing is: I don’t want to touch it. I don’t want to have any enhancers. I just want to know if I got somewhere, it was from hard work. That, in turn, keeps me more mentally strong. Whatever other people do is their own thing. It should definitely be a clean sport. She says she’s clean now, but no matter what I’m capable of winning that fight off of hard work. I’m still open to fighting her no matter what.”

Cyborg has addressed a potential fight with Holm many times on social media since UFC 214. She said she wants the matchup to take place at the year-end UFC 219 event in December, but has also accused Holm of using her name to raise her profile and receive greater compensation. Holm said she’s not interested in engaging in a war of words.

“I don’t really care what Cyborg says,” Holm said. “She’s had a lot to say lately. I don’t really look into it. I’m just waiting to have a contract sent to me. That’s when the fight’s on, and I’m going to train hard. I’m not into saying who is trying to use who’s name or all this other BS stuff. I don’t get into it.”

With the fullest expectations that her next trip to the octagon will be for an encounter with Cyborg, Holm said she has the utmost confidence she can be the one to snap Cyborg’s incredible 19-fight unbeaten streak.

“I think anybody has a game plan that can be used against them and some kind of weakness,” Holm said. “I can take her out of her element, out of her game. She’s definitely beatable. I’m not going to sit here and say she was impressive or not impressive in her last fight. Styles make a difference and that was a different fight and our fight would be something completely different. I’m ready for it.”

For more on the upcoming UFC schedule, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Cris Cyborg Fights

• a year ago

Holly Holm Fights

• a year ago

Relive Cris Cyorg's Win Over Holly Holm (UFC 222 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg closed out 2017 with her most impressive victory to date when she took down former bantamweight champion Holly Holm. read news >>

Megan Anderson Wants Her Crack at Cris Cyborg | MMAWeekly.com

Former Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson was once scheduled to fight UFC featherweight champ Cris Cyborg in the Octagon and she still wants her crack at the belt. Having racked up an 8 read news >>

UFC 222 salaries: Cris Cyborg banks event-high $500k opposite Yana Kunitskaya

UFC featherweight champ Cris Cyborg is again the highest-paid fighter on a UFC pay-per-view card. read news >>

Daily Debate: Who's next for UFC champ Cris Cyborg – Megan Anderson or Amanda Nunes?

As the Cris Cyborg Tour of Destruction shows no signs of slowing down, who’s next for the UFC women’s featherweight champion – Megan Anderson or Amanda Nunes? read news >>

Cris Cyborg Breaks Down Potential Amanda Nunes Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg breaks down a potential superfight with bantamweight titleholder Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Cris Cyborg: Megan Anderson Has to Handle Her Problem with UFC for Fight to Happen | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg is willing to fight whomever the UFC deems the next contender, but says Megan Anderson needs to work out her issues first. read news >>

B.J. Penn praises UFC champ Cris Cyborg, says 'door is always open' for his own return

UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn made a surprise appearance at UFC 222 open workouts as a guest grappling partner, though he’s not ruling out a return to the cage. read news >>

Cris Cyborg and Yana Kunitskaya Make Weight for UFC 222 (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg's next title defense is now official, as she and Yana Kunitskaya each made weight at Friday's official weigh-in. read news >>

Amanda Nunes blames timing for Cris Cyborg fight falling through, still open to it this summer

UFC champ Amanda Nunes didn’t get her wish to fight fellow champ Cris Cyborg, but she hasn’t given up just yet on the idea. read news >>

Unintimidated Yana Kunitskaya says UFC champ Cris Cyborg lacks true knockout power

From all indications, Yana Kunitskaya isn’t intimidated by Cris Cyborg’s untouchable aura ahead of their UFC 222 main event. read news >>

Video: Watch Episode 1 of 'Cyborg Nation' UFC 222 all-access series

Cris Cyborg has released the first edition of her UFC 222 all-access video blog, “Cyborg Nation.” read news >>

'UFC 222 Embedded,' No. 2: Featuring Cris Cyborg doing cat stuff with 'Sugar Ray Leopard'

On the second episode of “UFC 222 Embedded,” the fighters at the top of the card in Las Vegas make their final preparations for fight week. read news >>

UFC 222 main-event breakdown: Can Yana Kunitskaya do unthinkable, upset Cris Cyborg?

MMAjunkie Radio co-host and fight analyst Dan Tom breaks down why Cris Cyborg is a monumental favorite over Yana Kunitskaya at UFC 222. read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya at UFC 222

Ahead of UFC 222, Dan Hardy and John Gooden step “Inside the Octagon” to break down Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya. read news >>

UFC 222 Countdown: Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya | MMAWeekly.com

In this edition of UFC Countdown, go inside the lives and gyms of featherweight champion Cris "Cyborg" Justino and the next contender to her title, former Invicta FC champion Yana Kunitskaya. read news >>

Brian Ortega: A Bad Match-up for the UFC Featherweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

After watching Royce Gracie in the early days of the UFC, a young Brian Ortega tried out jiu-jitsu -- and turned out to be a prodigy. read news >>

Search for: