#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Bellator MMA #Paul Daley #Conor McGregor #Lorenz Larkin

Hiroko YamanakaJapanese women’s MMA star Hiroko “Cat’s Eye” Yamanaka’s trips to the United States to fight haven’t gone exactly as she would have liked.

Having gone winless in her two Strikeforce bouts, Yamanaka is hoping her return to U.S. soil this Saturday at Invicta FC 4 in Kansas City, Kan., will yield different results.

“I was thinking too much about what these opponents would do and how to fight them off based on that, so I will play my game based on what I would like to do this time,” Yamanaka told MMAWeekly.com.

Having helped establish the Jewels promotion in Japan, Yamanaka is looking forward to once again be a big part of an all-female company with Invicta.

“I have always thought about (fighting for) Invicta, since it’s an all-woman fight format. I am very honored to part of the show,” said Yamanaka. “I am also very happy to have an opportunity to be able to fight on U.S soil again.

“I honestly appreciate the incredible staff at Invicta and I hope to keep fighting for them and hopefully get a shot at a title.”

Before she can get that far, Yamanaka must first get past vaunted Brazilian fighter Ediene Gomes on Saturday night.

“Ediene looks very powerful and has a great timing to take opponents down,” said Yamanaka. “I am excited to get a fight on with her. I will, however, impose my will this time to come out victorious.”

Having last won a fight in June of 2011, Yamanaka’s goals for 2013 get back on track and show the world a different fighter this year.

Invicta FC 4 on PPV“My New Year’s resolution is to beat everyone that comes my way in a spectacular fashion,” said Yamanaka. “I also would like to establish my fighting style of aggressiveness.

“I will fight hard to win American fans’ hearts, so please watch me this Saturday. Arigatou gozaimasu.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your Invicta FC 4 news and updates.

Comments

Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor Failed Live Streams Subject of Lawsuit

Customers are suing Showtime for their coverage of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s victory over Conor McGregor due to the quality of their stream and buffering issues. Ashley Cullins of the Hollywood Reporter read news >>

Dawson finally able to pursue dream job

Last week was a good one for Grant Dawson. Just days removed from an Aug. 15 win over Adrian Diaz that pushed his pro MMA record to 12-1 and earned him a UFC contract, the Missouri featherweight got read news >>

Top 25 finishes in Invicta FC history (Nos. 15-11): Body kicks galore

With Invicta FC’s 25th event around the corner, the all-female promotion has rolled out a countdown of the 25 best finishes in its history.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC contract winner Lauren Mueller on how failed 'TUF 26' bid helped her be ready for DWCS 8

Lauren Mueller had only three pro bouts when she got the call for Dana White’s Contender Series. But that doesn’t takes from her confidence.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch 'Invicta FC 25: Road to Pa'aluhi vs. Kunitskaya' ahead of Thursday title fight

Go behind the scenes of the vacant bantamweight title fight between Raquel Pa’aluhi and Yana Kunitskaya in “Road to Invicta FC 25.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Invicta FC 25 Weigh-in Video Live, Wednesday at 8p ET | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Invicta FC 25 weigh-in streaming live on Wednesday at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT on MMAWeekly.com. read news >>

Invicta FC 25 weigh-in results

Invicta FC will crown a new champion tomorrow night.Filed under: News read news >>

Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne Reveal Wedding Photo Gallery | MMAWeekly.com

While a couple photos leaked already, Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne have now revealed several wedding photos to the world. read news >>

Invicta FC 25: Road to Pa'aluhi vs Kunitskaya Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Invicta FC will make its inaugural visit to the Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino on Thursday, Aug. 31 for Invicta FC 25. read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>