The UFC makes its return to Japan after nearly two years next month with UFC Fight Night 117.
The event, which takes place Sept. 22 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, features an FXX-televised lineup following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Taking center stage on the organization’s ninth fight card in “The Land of the Rising Sun” is a light heavyweight rematch. Former UFC champion Mauricio Rua (25-10 MMA, 9-8 UFC) attempts to get revenge against Ovince Saint Preux (20-10 MMA, 8-5 UFC), who scored a stunning 34-second knockout win over “Shogun” at UFC Fight Night 56 in November 2014.
Check out the official event poster below:
The latest UFC Fight Night 117 lineup includes:
- Mauricio Rua vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Jessica Andrade vs. Claudia Gadelha
- Henrique da Silva vs. Gokhan Saki
- Rolando Dy vs. Teruto Ishihara
- Mizuto Hirota vs. Charles Rosa
- Alex Morono vs. Keita Nakamura
- Jussier Formiga vs. Ulka Sasaki
- Chan-Mi Jeon vs. Syuri Kondo
- Daichi Abe vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
- Naoki Inoue vs. Jenel Lausa
- Shinsho Anzai vs. Luke Jumeau
- Takanori Gomi vs. “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim
For more on UFC Fight Night 117, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.
The Blue Corner is MMAjunkie‘s official blog and is edited by Mike Bohn.